drug screening for ford

I apologize if this is in the wrong place, but I'm a prospective ford employee, I have a question about Ford's drug testing for applicants. I had terrible back pain, and the job I was at didnt have insurance to cover the pain medication, I had a buddy who was a caregiver... so I got registered and went the medical marijuana route. After physical therapy, and some time, my backs feeling good and I don't need the drugs... it's been two months. I'd have no problem passing a piss test, as I'm drug free, happily so... but hair testing would probably screw me... this would suck if I had to pass up a decent Ford job because I had to make a health decision, so could y'all let me know, should I be worried?

Actually I don't, I did for pain because I couldn't afford other pain killers, but I stick to beer, pot makes me too groggy, it worked for me to kill the pain, but I'm glad I'm off...

It`s not a hair cut..... Ford dosent care if you smoke pot, all they want is a warm body to work the line. When you get hired and spend some time on the floor you will understand why there is no hair involved in the drug screening....

You might want to keep it to yourself about pre existing health issues. That type of exchange of information, seems to be the straw breaker at this point.

Decker

• Like 1

It`s not a hair cut..... Ford dosent care if you smoke pot, all they want is a warm body to work the line. When you get hired and spend some time on the floor you will understand why there is no hair involved in the drug screening....

You might want to keep it to yourself about pre existing health issues. That type of exchange of information, seems to be the straw breaker at this point.

Decker

I really hope HR doesn't read this place because every applicant from Warren might get some extra scrutiny. LOL.

• Like 2

I think having drugs/alcohol in your system is a requirement for employment nowadays i think.

I'm shocked they even do a piss test honestly with the trash they've been hiring. they need to do interviews and physicals, way to much trash being brought in (friends and family plan)

• Like 1

I think having drugs/alcohol in your system is a requirement for employment nowadays i think.

I'm shocked they even do a piss test honestly with the trash they've been hiring. they need to do interviews and physicals, way to much trash being brought in (friends and family plan)

LOL. They probably said the same when you hired in.

LOL. They probably said the same when you hired in.

Doubt anyone has ever said that about me personally, but i did hire in with some turds, we at least went through a process that wasnt just "you start tomorrow, report here"

Doubt anyone has ever said that about me personally, but i did hire in with some turds, we at least went through a process that wasnt just "you start tomorrow, report here"

When did Ford start drug and booze testing or any test? I remember back in the 70's people walking in right off the street, hate to guess how many went on first break and kept right on going, never to be seen again.

When did Ford start drug and booze testing or any test? I remember back in the 70's people walking in right off the street, hate to guess how many went on first break and kept right on going, never to be seen again.

Plenty of jobs back then , now hardly any jobs so Ford can be picky in who they pick to employ, unless your a union relative then ford has to look the other way!

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize if this is in the wrong place, but I'm a prospective ford employee, I have a question about Ford's drug testing for applicants. I had terrible back pain, and the job I was at didnt have insurance to cover the pain medication, I had a buddy who was a caregiver... so I got registered and went the medical marijuana route. After physical therapy, and some time, my backs feeling good and I don't need the drugs... it's been two months. I'd have no problem passing a piss test, as I'm drug free, happily so... but hair testing would probably screw me... this would suck if I had to pass up a decent Ford job because I had to make a health decision, so could y'all let me know, should I be worried?

I think you'll be okay. good luck.

Edited by Hartford HVC