F450's

• 3 weeks later...

@blwnsmoke - Thanks for the updated info, not what I was hoping to hear but that's just how it is. I had my real vacation at the end of October so still no big deal "yet" but I have a chance at a nice trip 5 weeks prior starting Sept 18 but its not looking good for that date. That will teach me to sell my trusty steed too early.

So if scheduling does not begin until 7/17/14 then am I safe to speculate production would likely not begin until 8/18/14 at the earliest? :drop:

I think trucks will start right around that date if not within a week or two from there. I know of one dealer who will be getting them in July but he is usually the first to get everything. I'd think you'd be looking at a mid to late August time frame as long as Ford can catch up on all the backlog of trucks that are waiting to be delivered. If they can't catch up, expect 4 weeks for delivery once built.

@blwnsmoke

I reached out to the Sales Manager at my local dealer where I ordered my 2015 F450. His printout showed no VIN but the order as "locked" which he said was good but there was a "?" on this. He reached out the Sales Zone Manager -Kansas City Zone of the Select Dealer Region on 5/23 asking about the retail order of my F450 Platinum. He got the reply back today from her that said 2015 F450 OKTB date is 6/12. Now the sales manager did not specify the retail order (mine) was for a F450 Platinum. So is it possible the Sales Zone Manager gave good info on a typical F450. I understand that OK To Buy does not correlate into it's built and shipping to Dealers, and that the people working on the Super Duty production line in KY probably know more detailed info than a Sales Zone Manager in FL. All that being said, you indicated a dealer who will get some in July, so it is likely some level of production would begin around the middle of June, those F450's would not be a typical retail order though correct? Just figured once they started production, unless parts were limited / unavailable the assembly line would stay rolling.

In a nutshell was the date of 7/17/14 you mentioned above specifically for F 450 Platinum's, or all retail orders? Thanks you've been great with the info.

I did see this online an perhaps is what I was wondering about, the F 450's with the factory installed trailer tow prep package will not begin production until 7/7/14 according to the below table.

post-39219-0-40362100-1401227567_thumb.jpg

Edited by JACKAL_SOF

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just for future clarification - nobody knows when the OK to buy will be given. It's not predetermined - it happens when the factory builds vehicles for 5 days with no problems. Could be 1-2 weeks after job 1 or it could be 2 months. Nobody knows.

^^^ Exactly

It took almost 6 weeks for the 15 F250/F350 to get the "ok to buy". People already have ETA's for end of July and beginning to middle of August but those could be delayed based on when the "ok to buy" is given.

Edited by blwnsmoke

@blwnsmoke

I reached out to the Sales Manager at my local dealer where I ordered my 2015 F450. His printout showed no VIN but the order as "locked" which he said was good but there was a "?" on this. He reached out the Sales Zone Manager -Kansas City Zone of the Select Dealer Region on 5/23 asking about the retail order of my F450 Platinum. He got the reply back today from her that said 2015 F450 OKTB date is 6/12. Now the sales manager did not specify the retail order (mine) was for a F450 Platinum. So is it possible the Sales Zone Manager gave good info on a typical F450. I understand that OK To Buy does not correlate into it's built and shipping to Dealers, and that the people working on the Super Duty production line in KY probably know more detailed info than a Sales Zone Manager in FL. All that being said, you indicated a dealer who will get some in July, so it is likely some level of production would begin around the middle of June, those F450's would not be a typical retail order though correct? Just figured once they started production, unless parts were limited / unavailable the assembly line would stay rolling.

In a nutshell was the date of 7/17/14 you mentioned above specifically for F 450 Platinum's, or all retail orders? Thanks you've been great with the info.

I did see this online an perhaps is what I was wondering about, the F 450's with the factory installed trailer tow prep package will not begin production until 7/7/14 according to the below table.

I'm sorry I completely missed your post. Obviously things are getting close but my info was correct, truck production is not starting until 7/17 for ALL F450s. As far as my contact who is getting them at the end of July, he is the 1st to get stock from the factory so once they start shipping, he will have several trucks delivering to him. He gets them before the ok to buy is given.

Edited by blwnsmoke

I'm sorry I completely missed your post. Obviously things are getting close but my info was correct, truck production is not starting until 7/17 for ALL F450s. As far as my contact who is getting them at the end of July, he is the 1st to get stock from the factory so once they start shipping, he will have several trucks delivering to him. He gets them before the ok to buy is given.

Thanks for the reply, I'm sure it's hard to keep up with all the posts as active as you are. What you said makes a lot of sense all us that want our F450 can hope for is that there are red if any issues that were worked out in earlier 250 and 350 production runs.

That's great to hear! So I can assume OKTB has been given on the F450's? Mine was scheduled to me built on the 15th with a projected delivery date the week of July 21st. My dealer is only 2 hours from KTP so hopefully no rail yard hold ups on this one.

Thanks for sharing :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I am new to this sight and was looking for help as to when my f450 order might be built. The dealer number is 21A111, and the order # is 0107. Any help I can receive would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Post in the vehicle tracking forum but you need 15 posts before you can do it. Also read the rules specific to tracking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...