WITH..... DRAWN....?

Decker

I understand our IUAW withdrew their charges and/or protest in the VW organizing election case with the NLRB.

Yep, "withdrew".... wonder if the VW attorneys let out (quit by accident...I`m sure) in pre hearing discussions, that one topic that they (VW) plan to discuss during the NLRB hearings. (VW attorney`s had employee`s waiting to testify) The topic of that discussion may well be that fact our own IUAW used the tactic`s of intimation and threats of loss of product against it`s own member`s in the very recent past?

Withdrawn...? with the most democratic party appointed NLRB Board in a very long time? NLRB board members of the same party as the IUAW and a with...drawn protest and/or charges?

Now I`m not sure this rumor is true, I heard it being broadcasted on CNBC, CNN, and of all the great news sources BBC..... gotta watch those limies :) Dam I love my Sirius Radio!!!

Decker

Edited by Decker

What a waste of our dues! Never thought our dues should be used for that shit anyway!

It's not a waste of dues to continue to organize, it's a waste of our dues to continue to try to organize under Bob King and the same ole same people handling it. We do need to gain some new members to stay the loses and a transplant would make a stronger union. However it seems that this present administration is hampered by a serious level of mediocrity at the upper levels. We are just all round bad at representing ourselves, with bad leadership, lousy involvement from members, bad PR at all levels and a where is mine attitude that hangs over the whole thing.
Personally, i was a union idealist, someone who believed that no matter what the ideals of the union would shine through, but even i have to admit that it's not happening. Bob King might be the worst thing to happen to the UAW. At least Ron had charisma and some sense of how to interact with people, which i can't say the same for Bob. The few short conversations I've had leave me feeling like he has no idea what i'm saying.
  • Like 1

It's not a waste of dues to continue to organize, it's a waste of our dues to continue to try to organize under Bob King and the same ole same people handling it. We do need to gain some new members to stay the loses and a transplant would make a stronger union. However it seems that this present administration is hampered by a serious level of mediocrity at the upper levels. We are just all round bad at representing ourselves, with bad leadership, lousy involvement from members, bad PR at all levels and a where is mine attitude that hangs over the whole thing.

Personally, i was a union idealist, someone who believed that no matter what the ideals of the union would shine through, but even i have to admit that it's not happening. Bob King might be the worst thing to happen to the UAW. At least Ron had charisma and some sense of how to interact with people, which i can't say the same for Bob. The few short conversations I've had leave me feeling like he has no idea what i'm saying.

It's a waste of our dues because why would any foreign automaker have the UAW represent them, right off the bat they take a paycut by having to pay dues and the UAW can't get them anything they don't already have! Waste of our dues!

Langston, I could not agree more, I can only hope we see a possible change in direction, with someone from outside the Ford department stepping up to lead us. We may have a chance to put back some of the basic union ideals.

If not, I feel we will see our union pushing itself right into history.

Decker

The VW campaign was a near win for the UAW and the industry as a whole. The vote was skewed by the tea party Republicans that want to take our voice, good wages, job security and benefits from us and give more profits to wall street.

Simply suppress or destroy unions will take away the only entity that fights for workers against the republican agenda.

For the simpleminded that think the UAW should not organize foreign automakers just sit back and watch our great wages and benefits erode.

The transplants including VW dont have:

• 18 paid days off per year
  • 4 weeks vacation
  • 1 week personal
  • Bereavement time
  • Jury Duty
  • Seniority
  • Grievance procedure
  • Voice in the work place
  • $20 office visits
  • Minimum co-pays
  • Health benefits (the best)

............. just to name a few--

The max pay for production is at $25.50 per hour

They have a "Temporary Pool" that pays $16.00 per hour topped out and the "Temps" will always be 30% of the work force. BTW these "temps" could not vote for UAW representation even though they worked for VW for years-- With no union and no seniority provision some "temps" will never be full time

If you are naive enough to think that the UAW-VW campaign was a waste of time and money, then you should be happy with less bargaining leverage and less gains at the bargaining table.

I choose to fight with my union--- not against it

God bless the UAW

ToolTime

The VW campaign was a near win for the UAW and the industry as a whole. The vote was skewed by the tea party Republicans that want to take our voice, good wages, job security and benefits from us and give more profits to wall street.

Simply suppress or destroy unions will take away the only entity that fights for workers against the republican agenda.

For the simpleminded that think the UAW should not organize foreign automakers just sit back and watch our great wages and benefits erode.

• 4 weeks vacation
  • 1 week personal
  • Bereavement time
  • Jury Duty
  • Seniority
  • Grievance procedure
  • $20 office visits
  • Minimum co-pays

They have a "Temporary Pool" that pays $16.00 per hour topped out and the "Temps" will always be 30% of the work force. BTW these "temps" could not vote for UAW representation even though they worked for VW for years-- With no union and no seniority provision some "temps" will never be full time

If you are naive enough to think that the UAW-VW campaign was a waste of time and money, then you should be happy with less bargaining leverage and less gains at the bargaining table.

God bless the UAW

ToolTime

How do you have $20 office visits???

How do you have $20 office visits???

• 4 weeks vacation
  • 1 week personal
  • Bereavement time
  • Jury Duty
  • Seniority
  • Grievance procedure
  • $20 office visits
  • Minimum co-pays

God bless the UAW

ToolTime

Nice list, tooltime.

Ever take a hard look at your list? Most of the items on your list were won when? You do realize that the IUAW has you, me and all the members locked in a kinda time warp. It`s been a few contracts back in history that most of those benfits you list were won and if anything some benefits you didn`t list have gone away.

Remember how bad off Ford was and how our IUAW said "yes" we will help you.....? Then the help was given by what? that other list of benefits that went away, our rate of pay and the establishing of what? Oh yeah the second tier.

Another point for the time wrap... IUAW agreed to open contracts when things were bad or Ford but, what about how many years of growing profits? Not a peep on reopening anything...The membership is stuck in the year the contracts was signed. We earn wages as if the times are still bad for Ford. We have benefits at the same level as if it is still bad for Ford. There are members (tier 2) still working and doing the same operations for half the hourly rate as if it is still bad for Ford. Has the prices for everything the membership consumes stayed the same as when our IUAW locked us into the .....Time Warp.....?

It is still a nice list, tooltime. Somewhat old but, nice list.

Decker

• 4 weeks vacation
  • 1 week personal
  • Bereavement time
  • Jury Duty
  • Seniority
  • Grievance procedure
  • $20 office visits
  • Minimum co-pays

God bless the UAW

ToolTime

Our wages and benefits have already eroded!

And a voice in the workplace, don't have that.

We have LTS employees the same as Temps.

The max pay for our production is $19 something an hour, there is no more hiring in and topping out at $28, so they make more money than our new employees will make!

So I still believe it was a waste of our money , they have nothing to gain by joining the UAW