Lincoln Teases (Likely) MKX Concept to debut in China

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/17/lincoln-mkx-concept-teaser-beijing-video/

Lincoln is launching in China this fall, with the brand rollout starting at the upcoming Beijing Motor Show. A new video hints that we might even get to see the concept for the next-generation MKX.

The video below doesn't give many hints on what model is being worked on, but it clearly looks like a crossover. The description merely says: "Get a glimpse of the next-generation Lincoln Concept." Scroll down to check it out and read about the future of the brand.

The quick pan along the side of the car shows some promise, but hard to see too much. I think they may be in danger of over using the horizontal slated, split grill. It looks a little longer than the edge in the back. That could just be for China as they like extended wheelbases. I'd actually like to see them do it for the USA to increase differentiation from the Edge. It would increase spaciousness and maybe luggage capacity with little mileage penalty. Heck, I'm not sure they should give up on a three row. The MKT didn't necessarily fail because of the extra seating.

They only showed a drawing of the front end, but from what I could tell, they've taken the split wing grill and hardened some of the corners at the bottom and put them on an angle as the grill meets the split.

They did the same with the Navigator refresh, but in this case it looks a little pulled back - as though it's a combination of the MKC and the Navigator.

I liked the shot showing the yellow LED lights. The corner's of the leds at the bottom of the headlights mimc the angle at the centre bottom of the grill. it's a nice cohesive touch.

I think they may be in danger of over using the horizontal slated, split grill.

Just like the kidney bean grille is getting over used at BMW? I'm glad they all have a family resemblence. I'm sure it will change at some point, but different variations on the current design is perfectly fine with me. The brand could use some common DNA for once.

Look at the license plate too. The last letter is cut off. To me, that looks like the end of an S more than an X.

Look above where it says Lincoln too. That's an odd shape/surface direction for that area of a hatch.

Though I also kinda see the spoiler at the top too

It looks more like a CUV to me (I think I can see a wind deflector thingee at the top of the rear window).

If it is the MKX, too bad they didn't go the with clamshell hatch like they did with the MKC.

Yeah, agreed - interesting about the lack of a clamshell....

Look at the license plate too. The last letter is cut off. To me, that looks like the end of an S more than an X.

mkxscript_zps578fd6e8.jpg

That's how Lincoln has done the X - with that swoopy lower left to upper right element. The S would twist upward more than what's seen on that plate. Plus, jasonj80 posted a shot from the video above that clearly shows its a crossover/the MKX.

I like it, especially in side profile - I think it actually looks very nicely proportioned. I wonder if it's on the same wheelbase as the Edge concept we saw.

I really have no idea what the author of that autoblog article is talking about when he compares the two saying they look almost the same - they (the Edge and MKX concepts) look nothing alike at all from what I see.

I do find it odd that there's no interior pics to be found anywhere.