2008 Expedition 4x4 limited Brake pads rotor recommend

scholzee

I have about 88k miles and the brakes are pulsing. Not many shops by me turn rotors anymore, I was planning on four new rotors and pads. Really never tow anything and not looking for high performance. Should I just get rotors and pads from a Ford dealer ? What's the difference between Motorcraft and Ford OEM ? I see dealers sell both versions. I have done motorcraft pads at about 45K on the original rotors and just scuffed up the rotors for a fresher surface but this time feel I should replace them. Any suggestions or recommendations greatly appreciated !!! Paul

If those are the original rotors then they probably are getting too thin anyway and could be why they are pulsating. Motorcraft and the OEM are the same, can't really go wrong with them. Better quality but can get pricey. Otherwise I personally go with Autozone or Advance Auto Parts, but avoid the cheap ones because they usually make a lot of noise.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually be careful. The last time I did rear shoes on my '03 Ranger, I discovered that there are crappier Ford Motorcraft shoes, and then, the traditional quality Ford Motorcraft shoes. After talking to a dealership, they confirmed this, said if they had to do a normal brake job they'd use the former, but, if it was a warranty brake job they'd be required to use the latter.

Seems at least in this case, Ford Motorcraft is pushing out cheaper product to compete/sell with the other cheap product out in the marketplace.

Your question to the dealership should be: What part numbers for rotors and pads would you be required to use if you did an in-warranty brake service on my Expedition? Whatever they come back with, that's what you want.

Chuck