Horrible Union DTP

dylan345

Don't know if people at other plants have as bad of a Union that DTP has. I was so excited to become a union member when I got hired bit sadly I wished it never happened. Their employees are treated so differently here it ridiculous. I'm trying to see if other tier employees have the same thing happening as a bunch of us are actually trying to set up a start up union within state and federal laws so we can get what we deserve. There is more than enough employees nation wide to recall affect ford when we go after what we deserve

Don't know if people at other plants have as bad of a Union that DTP has. I was so excited to become a union member when I got hired bit sadly I wished it never happened. Their employees are treated so differently here it ridiculous. I'm trying to see if other tier employees have the same thing happening as a bunch of us are actually trying to set up a start up union within state and federal laws so we can get what we deserve. There is more than enough employees nation wide to recall affect ford when we go after what we deserve

You've got no seniority and you act like you have worked at DTP forever and know everything!

If it's that bad, QUIT!

Just what do you actually deserve besides the paycheck you are owed for the work you do?

Please tell all of us seniority employees what you deserve?

It's amazing how the 2nd Tier accept the job then a week later are whining how they are wronged!

You have a lot to learn!

I hope your Mickey Mouse club, oops I meant start up union gets you what you think you deserve!

I can't wait to hear what you deserve!

Edited by littlecountry
  • Like 3

Divide and conquer, it's happening people. We are the only ones who can stop it, we have to stop fighting with each other to make it happen though. You either stand together or we're all going to fall and the company will win. I want our seniority people to get back what they gave up and I want all of us who are tier 2 to be brought onto the old pay scale, that's what is fair for everyone. I don't expect to come in and make what a senior employee is making right off the bat, I just want the opportunity to work my way up to that.

A little education goes a long way. I'm tier and have less than 1 year seniority (though I'm not sure you can call it seniority when I'm literally at the bottom of the list) but I understood when I took the job that there was little I can do about it. I also know that theres A LOT I have to learn about how things work. That being said, you want change, go to meetings and voice your opinion, you have a voice so use it rather than bitch about it on the internet. Trying to start up a new union is doomed to failure. UAW has too much power to allow that to happen. Yes I know its not what it once was but they still have enough leverage to squash any new union from entering their territory.

Afdor, you are onto something with your divide and conquer statement. It seems to be in the company's best interest.

Divide and conquer, it's happening people. We are the only ones who can stop it, we have to stop fighting with each other to make it happen though. You either stand together or we're all going to fall and the company will win. I want our seniority people to get back what they gave up and I want all of us who are tier 2 to be brought onto the old pay scale, that's what is fair for everyone. I don't expect to come in and make what a senior employee is making right off the bat, I just want the opportunity to work my way up to that.

A majority of us want 2nd tier to get raised back up to our level so we are with you and you are our union brothers and sisters just as much as anyone. Understand that new hires get the shit, tiered or not. It sucks but you will move up and get yours. It might not be what was in the past but it's better than on the street.

What we see is the pendulum swing. For years the union got contracts the company shouldn't have given without more of a fight and now they are fighting more and getting back stuff. It will swing back again.

Just try to hang in till then.

• Like 3

He is spouting off about forming his own union!

He is a new hire and thinks he knows how the auto industry works.

Not sure anybody wants to stick with him!

Lighten up on him. He's learning and talking out his ass. He'll get over it. I can't say that in my moments of anger over bad union decisions that I haven't thought of being in a trade specific union, instead of the UAW. Those thoughts dissipate quickly but it's hard to be on the receiving end of those awful decisions without feeling some anger. In the end he will understand.