The 2008 Spark Plugs strike again

spotdog14

• 2 years later...

i changed spark plugs,coils and catalic converter at 200000 miles i had a guy that works as mechanic at ford dealer shop he wanted to charge me almost 3000 bucks for work on a side dealership want it 4500 i bought spark plugs after market that are better than the one u can get at dealership for about 5 bucks cheaper for each so instead off payin 18 for each i paid 13 bucks. coils are like over hundo for each i paid 30 for each and ford mechanic told me coils are less to worry about. than catalic converter at dealership is around 1500 i got it for 500 after market and 2 year warranty on it. truck runs great i love it but there is one more problem that is not cheap. i forgot what it is but im not worried about it. lots of ppl told me this car can run forever

and yes you right at dealership they run engine fir an hour and than they use impac ranches. if u gonna do it by hand get that tool cuz for sure ull chip every single one. u guys got no chance to win with it i tried first one i chipped second only metal came out, porcelain stayed in so i gave up

They're not using the tools right. And probably not using an impact gun on the plugs. I have yet to break my original extractor and I've had it for years.

Not sure if this is Ford approved, but most independent shops get the engine hot, shutdown, blow out wells and hit the plugs with a impact. Excellent success rate !n

• 3 years later...