2014 Fusion Titanium Order 20 Weeks?

ismo

Hi All. I'm just curious if anyone else has seen the same wait time or has an understanding as to why it's taking this long.

TIMELINE:

02/01/14 - Ordered Fusion at dealership (X-Plan Order)

02/11/14 - Order placed by the dealership (was told by Ford Customer Service that order was priority)

03/22/14 - VIN assigned

04/28/14 - Scheduled to Date

06/13/14 - End Date

I was given a "Scheduled to Date" and an "End Date" by both Ford Customer Service and my dealer. My dealer is convinced that my car will be built sooner than the 28th and that there is no way I'd have to wait until the middle of June for it as I already have a VIN.

Dealer says he's been in contact with his Ford rep trying to see what's going on and push the order date sooner, but everything is still staying the same as above.

Anyone have any idea why it would take this long from VIN assignment? Anyone else have a Fusion order that took this long?

I'm not being impatient, I'm just very curious!

Thanks for any input!

"Scheduled to Date" is the date your car will be built. "End Date" is the last date they are producing 2014 models, and not really relevant to your order since your car is getting built this month. You should see your car by mid-May if it is built on schedule. As to why it took a month an a half from ordering until scheduling (VIN assignment), that's anyone's guess. It could be dealership allocation or supply restrictions on a feature you ordered.

• Like 1

As timf said. Unless your build date of the 28th gets pushed back you should see the car by early/ mid May along with everything else he mentioned about suppliers, etc.. If you were priority, I don't know why it took your dealer 10 days to place the order? I placed my order and received an email with my VIN the next day.

Thanks very much for the input. Funny how both the dealer AND the Ford Customer service rep couldn't explain to me what "End Date" meant. They both told me that June 13th was when I should expect to receive my car.

And Hydro, the priority thing is another part of the problem. What I later found out was that they submitted the order incorrectly. Since it's an X-Plan order they were supposed to attach my surname to the order and they didn't. So it popped up in the system as "incompatibility component" and I don't think the dealership fixed that for about a week or 2.

But that's a whole other problem that I plan on dealing with.

Thanks to you both for the input!

My Fusion last year was 149 days 'order' to delivery. Mid Jan to Early June. If it weren't for Cyberdman, I'd never know where I was in the process.

As per my promise to mention this everytime: My $750 coupon was never added to my order so it was expired upon delivery. MAKE SURE if you get one to force them to show it is a part of your order...

Love the car, HATE the process.

:-)

Thanks for the advice shaggy314. I just double checked my order sheet (a PDF they emailed to me) and all coupons/incentives are added in there!

Now to just patiently wait for the end of April so I can get another update from Cyberdman!

Thanks for the advice shaggy314. I just double checked my order sheet (a PDF they emailed to me) and all coupons/incentives are added in there!

Now to just patiently wait for the end of April so I can get another update from Cyberdman!

...and when you ask the dealer for any info updates (if yours is proactive the sales rep will be calling you with updates but from what I read of other experiences that's a pipe dream), ask the sales rep if he/she will be asking YOU to grade your dealer survey with the highest ratings after the car is delivered, and if so how about keeping the paying (and grading) customer posted on changes to status?

• Like 1

Thanks Jeff.

I finally got my VIN tonight. It says "schedule to week (week of May26)". Is that the estimated time of delivery? Or estimated time for the build to start? I've been told both... kinda nervous... Dealer told me average is 5-6 weeks from order date to delivery.

Thanks again

James

That's the build week, not delivery week. Allow an extra 1-3 weeks for delivery depending on how close to Mexico you are.

Yep, assuming it gets onto a rail car within a day or two of being built (one of mine took 7 days), so if your build week is May 26 (should be assigned to a day as that date gets closer so check again with dealer around May 20) if things go as expected it would arrive at the dealer around June 10-20 or (but keep in mind there are lots of variables)... keep us posted on status, always nice to see someoine's new order arrive.

The shipping time seems to depend on many different variables, such as possibly having to wait for a train car or truck to fill up with autos before the next transport step even starts.

My FFH took 13 days (basically 2 weeks) to be shipped to my AZ dealer from Mexico, and it is only a 5 hour drive by car between those two spots. :headscratch:

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any tracking details during that 2 weeks, so I have no clue where the hold-up occurred.

Edited by Hybrider

Well who knows why, but Ford confirmed that the car delivery estimate to the dealership is June 8th-14th.

No one can give me a reason why I've had the VIN for over a month now, no window sticker, and now no confirmed build date. So who knows?!

I'm not sure if this has something to do with the recall regarding the seats or not. They told me there is a similar build Fusion coming in if I was interested, but I have my heart set on the one I ordered on Feb. 1st.

Oh well, time will tell.

Wow, Now I'm nervous about mine. I have my dealer checking on getting mine moved up in priority code. With my build date being a month after yours I wondering if I'll even see the car by end of June now. Keep us updated on any dates you get.

My dealer is also saying they have some cars coming in that are "close" to what I wanted. Just wrong colors and options. lol

Good luck!

woohoo! progress! Hope it continues...

My dealer just emailed me that he has an AWD version of what I want. Just minus the cooled seats and 19" H spoke rims(seeing if he can replace the rims). Debating if I should be patient for exactly what I want verse instant gratification and a couple unwanted features. hmmm

I thought the same thing for a while. I was offered basically want I wanted but in white without cooled seats and heated steering wheel. I was tempted, but if I'm paying that much, I'm getting what I want!

And the cooled seats will come in handy with black leather interior in the summer just as the heated steering wheel will in the winter.

Though another 1-2 months of waiting I might be kicking myself later!