DTP Shutdown

Last week of August for a single week and then rumored all of September layoff for model changeover. Question is: how is IUAW allowing them to force us to utilize a vacation week that does not fall within the two weeks of July being designated period? I understand we've had split shutdowns before(one week in July one week in August), but this is just asinine to be told you have to take 1 week of vacation the last week of summer!! Thoughts, feelings?

• Like 1

That is exactly why it is has always been pretty pointless to schedule any vaca time til after april 1st. Who said the 2 weeks in July are designated besides yourself? This is the new norm having a split shutdown. The company owns 2weeks of your vacation. ;) You should be used to it by now. It is no different than complaining about potholes in the spring. Its pointless.

Enjoy your time off.

Since most plants have vacation shutdowns at the same time, this should not be a surprise. MAP obviously needs more time to retool and insure they start up and run correctly upon the return. Its no big deal, and our contract allows them to choose just about any 2 weeks they desire. At one time it was the first two weeks in July, but recent changes in the contract (last two at least) changed all of that.

I could be wrong..but isn't the first full week of July bargained as a designated shutdown? I understand not both weeks.

This is my point. Also...I understand shutdown has changed, but I think they are violating the contract by stating that you have to take a week at the end of August.

Article 9 Section 25 this is as good of language as you are going to get to support your gripe "A plant vacation shutdown will be scheduled during prime vacation time", nothing that I have seen that supports the week encompassing July 4th. While I can agree the week of July 4th is considered thee most prime vacation time, it can be argued that roughly from the month of June through the Labor Day weekend can be viewed as "prime vacation time".

While kind of shity I will agree, I simply do not see a legitimate violation of our contract on this issue. Plus we are still free to use our other 40 hours of vacation whenever we want, if that happens to be the week of July 4th so be it get those slips in for the time off.

• Like 1

It got even better yesterday when an email was sent out saying that all SCHEDULED vacation time that people put in already for after june 1st will be VOIDED and they are going to give us all a slip to fill out and select vacation time by seniority... I dont know about others but this is complete BULLSHIT, i have approved vacation time that is going to be VOIDED?? WTF!

If your vacation time request was approved by March 31st it will be honored, all vacation requests made since 4-1-14 will go first by the vacation survey forms in seniority order. Every effort will be made to accommodate as many people as possible (including LTS and TPT employees for summer vacation coverage), so the sky isn't falling just yet. You only need to go back a few years ago when we only had 1 week of vacation like we will this year.

So will this last week in August (for vacation) coinside at the front part of this re-tooling down-time? Anybody have exact dates yet for this re-tooling for the 2015 trucks? I know.. I know... Everything is subject to change , but would just like to get an idea to try and plan my life.

Yea might be great for all employees with seniority. But us tier employees only get 16 hours that's bullshit. Can't wait to get out of this shit ass union. Then to boot they give us last month in august which means no time with your family cause kids go back to school that week. Again are union shows why we have no need for them.

Yea might be great for all employees with seniority. But us tier employees only get 16 hours that's bullshit. Can't wait to get out of this shit ass union. Then to boot they give us last month in august which means no time with your family cause kids go back to school that week. Again are union shows why we have no need for them.

As far as the 16 hours don't whine we were all there. Get some seniority then you can complain. As far as family goes... I couldn't agree more

No job gives you vacation when you are hired in, you have to earn it.

I guess you feel you deserve about 5 weeks vacation from day one!

Maybe Mickey can get that for you in your start up club, oops union!

• Like 1

Nobody was talking about 5 weeks fucking idiot. And yes there is every government job and every country that's not a third world idiot. You must be a drugie or a non working piece of shit that needs the UAW all hard working people think there pieces of shit leeches that suck us dry go go go RIGHT TO WORK LMFAO

dylan345 I hope you are not talking about the 16 hours you had on your vacation survey that was passed out this week, if you are I really hope you learn to read your contract before you go spouting off on a message board without knowing all the facts.

Article 9 section 24(b) makes clear that employees with 1 year seniority but less than 3 years seniority are entitled to 96 hours vacation, lets break that down; 40 hours reserved for the August 25th vacation shutdown, 40 hours are excused absence time that leaves 16 hours vacation that you are free to use when you want.

if that is not the case and you are a recent ACH transfer ( I highly doubt you are within the last year) then I have never heard of any new hire getting 16 hours of vacation only. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong and you do not in fact fall between the 1 to 3 year seniority range, if you do please read your contract and thank the union for your negotiated vacation time.

No only 56 hrs are vacation the rest are personal days. The vacation time is not the problem the problem is the union being pussies. I'm a retired vet who just thinks its amusing that so many people support this union which is garbage. I got more time with my family in the military

By the way my mickey mouse club is called the veterans of america and we will happily invite u to a meeting. Like I said in 10 years the UAW will be gone, u can't even flip a plant that wants the Union. Why cause the make more and get more without you. I got my pension I'm gonna laugh all the way to the bank when u lose yours then we will have to hear you cry about fair little country.