Custom Search

Coming Up Next:
Lincoln Aviator

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ford 2015 March sales up 3%, 71,000 F-Series sold

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Hugh

Hugh

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • Joined 24-April 06
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Escape Titanium AWD, 2004 Ford Ranger XLT

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

I'm sorry but it appears we have come to a decidedly difference of opinion my fellow Canadian. Perhaps we should discuss this over a poutine and beer, eh? Of course I'm always up for a beavertail and some backbacon too so please don't consider my pallet singularly focus'd on the staples.

More to the point however, I would like to express my concern with purchasing a vehicle, (that in this area at least) has basically no resale value and requires all maintenance be performed at the local dealership. The alternative being that we send the tech's on courses ($$$) and obtain tooling and equipment ($$$) for a vehicle that we will retain for 3 years.

Please don't think I take your counter to my opinion lightly as it causes me great anguish to have to do so. But, I feel I must express myself, as is my right as a Canadian.

Sincerely,

Your honourable opposition.

Sweet sacred Jesus I wish the last PROGREP meeting I had was that civil by.

photo-thumb-15254.jpg

READY AYE READY "ONE NAVY"

Former Vehicles:
1993 Mercury Topaz GS Maroon ext. - Grey 'Mouse Fur' int. (Vulcan and 3A) AKA 'Thunder Topaz' 1999-2010
2011 Ford Fiesta SES Monteray Grey ext. - Black Leather w/ Oatmeal stitching int. (HB and 6A) AKA 'Little Car' 2010 - 2012

2002 Ford Taurus SES Sport Black ext. - Medium Stone 'Mouse Fur' int. AKA 'Ferdinand the Bull ' 2012-2014

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#62 OFFLINE   4d4evr-1

4d4evr-1

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Joined 26-February 04
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2005 LS

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:37 AM

Posted before about "What is a C-Max?".

People ignored them at Auto Show, and my friends were like 'wtf is that?'.

Big mistake to drop the Escape Hybrid model. Sure, they need to pay off the C Max tooling, but why cancel a good selling model?

Should bring back Escape hybrid and also a new Focus version. Or, rename C-Max as 'Focus Max hybrid'.

My wife and I love our C-Max.  Has over 18K miles and saving gas and riding smooth and high fits our fancy.  Would not take a Prius for free if we had to drive it, love the high seating position of C-Max and gladly give up a few MPGs for it.  And just for facts we are avg over 47 since purchase.

• Edstock, fordtech1, goinbroke2 and 1 other like this
I may not get what I want
I will always get what I need
But I will never get what I deserve

#63 OFFLINE   BrewfanGRB

BrewfanGRB

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • Joined 12-May 09
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Ford Fusion

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:38 PM

My wife and I love our C-Max.  Has over 18K miles and saving gas and riding smooth and high fits our fancy.  Would not take a Prius for free if we had to drive it, love the high seating position of C-Max and gladly give up a few MPGs for it.  And just for facts we are avg over 47 since purchase.

I'm going to have to ask you to leave.  Facts have no place on the internet.  And your reasonable approach to balancing ALL the things you like about the car with the potential loss of MPG doesn't match the narrative.  But thanks for your participation.

• grbeck, CurtisH, Gnostic and 6 others like this

photo-thumb-15254.jpg

Currently: '09 Ford Fusion V6 SEL Smokestone

Prior:

'01 Pontiac Sunfire (traded in for the Fusion with 142k...good car, never a problem)
'00 Plymouth Neon (traded in for the Sunfire with 35k when I blew the head gasket---probably because I pegged it at 110 twice. I liked the car, though...it was my first new car)
'94 Plymouth Acclaim (first car I ever BOUGHT...ok car, but transmission was horrible...traded this for the Neon)
Pontiac LeMans (I think it was an '89...barely memorable)
'76 Ford Granada (my very first car---parents bought it for $500)

Future: Mindless support for Trump means something other than a Ford. (Probably an ATS or an S60).

#64 OFFLINE   4d4evr-1

4d4evr-1

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Joined 26-February 04

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

I'm going to have to ask you to leave.  Facts have no place on the internet.  And your reasonable approach to balancing ALL the things you like about the car with the potential loss of MPG doesn't match the narrative.  But thanks for your participation.

I accept your admonition and if I promise to do better can I lurk till I learn better?

• CurtisH likes this

#65 OFFLINE   BrewfanGRB

BrewfanGRB

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • Joined 12-May 09

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

I accept your admonition and if I promise to do better can I lurk till I learn better?

You may.  I'd suggest a few practice trolling tweets.  Try using lots of exclamation points.

photo-thumb-15254.jpg

Prior:

'01 Pontiac Sunfire (traded in for the Fusion with 142k...good car, never a problem)
'00 Plymouth Neon (traded in for the Sunfire with 35k when I blew the head gasket---probably because I pegged it at 110 twice. I liked the car, though...it was my first new car)
'94 Plymouth Acclaim (first car I ever BOUGHT...ok car, but transmission was horrible...traded this for the Neon)

Future: Mindless support for Trump means something other than a Ford. (Probably an ATS or an S60).

#66 OFFLINE   4d4evr-1

4d4evr-1

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Joined 26-February 04

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

You may.  I'd suggest a few practice trolling tweets.  Try using lots of exclamation points.

I used the phrase 'till I learn better', don't know what this thing 'tweet' is..... ;)

#67 OFFLINE   BrewfanGRB

BrewfanGRB

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • Joined 12-May 09

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:48 AM

I used the phrase 'till I learn better', don't know what this thing 'tweet' is..... ;)

OMG...Twitter has seriously permeated my entire brain and soul.  I made this same mistake in text conversation with a friend.

photo-thumb-15254.jpg

Prior:

#68 OFFLINE   goinbroke2

goinbroke2

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 2,465 posts
  • Joined 25-March 07
  • Region:Canada Atlantic Provinces
  • Current Vehicle:f150 and International motorhome/toyhauler

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:06 AM

Sweet sacred Jesus I wish the last PROGREP meeting I had was that civil by.

Are you sure your Canadian??? It's BYE, not by.....as in I's da bye dat builds da boat, an' I's da bye dat sails 'er, I's da bye dat catches da fish, an' brings 'em 'ome ta lizer.

American translation of the Newfoundland song;

I am the guy who builds the boat (in this case dory or punt), I am the guy who is the captain as well, I am the fisherman who hauls in the nets full of fish, and takes them home to his wife Elisabeth.

We'll let it go this time...maybe your not from the East coast? And it's SitRep..you Navy plugs never get anything right. LOL!

• Hugh likes this
Algorian Logic

A reasoning technique that entails reaching a conclusion about a subject in which one has no expertise and subsequently finding or creating factoids to support the supposition without using critical thinking skills or research to discern the obvious implausibility of the facts or the conclusion.

#69 OFFLINE   Hugh

Hugh

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • Joined 24-April 06
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Escape Titanium AWD, 2004 Ford Ranger XLT

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

Are you sure your Canadian??? It's BYE, not by.....as in I's da bye dat builds da boat, an' I's da bye dat sails 'er, I's da bye dat catches da fish, an' brings 'em 'ome ta lizer.

American translation of the Newfoundland song;

I am the guy who builds the boat (in this case dory or punt), I am the guy who is the captain as well, I am the fisherman who hauls in the nets full of fish, and takes them home to his wife Elisabeth.

We'll let it go this time...maybe your not from the East coast? And it's SitRep..you Navy plugs never get anything right. LOL!

Tanks fer the correction bye. It's been quite a while since I've been east. I'm Canadian not Newf. The PROGREP is more of a meeting like 'Morning Prayers' = Forced Civility. SITREP is understood. Why you land-lubbers use GRID opposed to Lat/Long is sometimes baffling however, it works.

photo-thumb-15254.jpg

READY AYE READY "ONE NAVY"

Former Vehicles:
1993 Mercury Topaz GS Maroon ext. - Grey 'Mouse Fur' int. (Vulcan and 3A) AKA 'Thunder Topaz' 1999-2010
2011 Ford Fiesta SES Monteray Grey ext. - Black Leather w/ Oatmeal stitching int. (HB and 6A) AKA 'Little Car' 2010 - 2012

2002 Ford Taurus SES Sport Black ext. - Medium Stone 'Mouse Fur' int. AKA 'Ferdinand the Bull ' 2012-2014

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·