2015 X-plan $ "not avail". When?

Any insiders know when Ford will have the 2015 SD X-plan 'build & price' loaded with prices?

Would like to compare with the non-discount price of truck & options that is available now. Says trucks avail "summer 2014", & think I saw June 6 somewhere.

If they exclude 2015 F350s or F450s from X-plan program, I will not buy. Come on Ford, a lot of us are repeat customers, & realize incentives may be limited for awhile.

Almost ready to order, help me pull the trigger by giving us the info we need. Thanks!

Xplan was available on March 15th through the fordpartner.com website.

You can figure out Xplan based on the formula for plan.

Invoice - (invoice * 0.4) + $275 admin fee.

Still need to add the advertisement fee and fuel surcharge.

Not sure where you are getting your info from. Order banks opened on 1/15. Trucks started being built on 3/13. Trucks are still on hold at factory due to issues.

Hope this helps you out.

Edited by blwnsmoke

Thanks for the reply. Guess I wasn't clear. Tried to configure / $ an F450 today & got the "not available" on Fords 'partner' website. It will show 2015 MSRP I think since over $80K with tax.

So knew we can look at / order F350s now.

Very interested in your insight on delays or problems but respect your not wanting to spread insider things all over.

I will get 6.7 diesel PS. Most expensive motor vehicle I will have purchased (probably over $70K with tax, etc) so hoping for a reliable, high quality, strong truck used mostly for towing.

Think I saw you cancelled order. If that was you, sorry. Delays are no fun, especially when no idea how long.

Maybe it is just the F450 Platinum with tow prep that are delayed availability until summer?

Can live without the heated steering wheel, etc., & non-platinums are available in more colors, etc.

Would like the bigger front axle, 19.5" wheels, bigger brakes? & GCVWR of 450 vs 350.

Xplan was available on March 15th through the fordpartner.com website.

You can figure out Xplan based on the formula for plan.

Invoice - (invoice * 0.4) + $275 admin fee.

Still need to add the advertisement fee and fuel surcharge.

Not sure where you are getting your info from. Order banks opened on 1/15. Trucks started being built on 3/13. Trucks are still on hold at factory due to issues.

Hope this helps you out.

0.4? 40% off? That is one heck of a deal! Sold! Maybe * .04?

0.4? 40% off? That is one heck of a deal! Sold! Maybe * .04?

LOL, good catch.. sorry let me correct that. Invoice - (invoice * 0.04) + $275 admin fee.

Based on what I was told, F450s won't start being built till July. Nobody has said a specific date yet.

Yes my truck was built on 3/24 but I was advised not to take it so I canceled it on 3/27 and reordered on 3/28. Just waiting for the word that the issues are resolved and it will be pushed through immediately to be built for me.

It's actually

Invoice * 0.4% (less than half of one percent) so that would translate to

Invoice * 0.004

If you want a simpler estimate, take the invoice price from any internet website and add about $600 to cover advertising and fees.

Based on what I was told, F450s won't start being built till July. Nobody has said a specific date yet.

Yes my truck was built on 3/24 but I was advised not to take it so I canceled it on 3/27 and reordered on 3/28. Just waiting for the word that the issues are resolved and it will be pushed through immediately to be built for me.

1st time I have heard July. Doesn't look good then for a trip I have planned at the end of July.

Is "late availability" Ford-speak for unknown length supplier delays?

Enjoy your new ride, what maybe April or May?! Let us know how ya like it, and any issues you run into please.

It's actually

Invoice * 0.4% (less than half of one percent) so that would translate to

Invoice * 0.004. ...

Thanks for input on this, but that cannot possibly be correct, "less than 1/2 of 1%", I believe.

Stay with me here (I'm no expert or math major). On a $65,000. truck, 4 tenths of 1%, (as you put it .004) times $65000 = $260 X-plan discount! (according to my calculator). The X-plan delivery charge of $1195 minus 900 on window sticker is more than that ($295 difference.)

Blwnsmoke got it right on 2nd shot, I bet. That $65000 truck would be 4% discounted = $2600, correct?

MorePower, you threw my for a loop when you questioned my formula lol. I was correct the first time.

Straight from the Ford partner website (yes it is less then 1/2 of a percent):

Ford

Dealer Invoice - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee* (see sample invoice)

Lincoln

Dealer Invoice + (0.6% * Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee* (see sample invoice)

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm (section 6)

Xplan puts you close to invoice but only allows the $100 worth of paperwork fees. If a dealer is cheap on the fees (one of my area dealers doesn't charge any fees but for the title. Others like the dealer I originally ordered from charges $369.

So if invoice was $63,000. I'd pay $63,000 - (63,000 * 0.004 = $252) + $275 admin fee.

So $63,000 - $252 + $275 = $63,023. That's what I'd end up paying on Xplan. It's not much cheaper but for those who don't like haggling, it is a great way to walk out close to invoice. Others like to haggle and can get under invoice so it all depends on the type of person you are.

Edited by blwnsmoke

Good explanation blwnsmoke. I see now we were thinking apples & oranges. You were referring to dealer invoice, where I was thinking of discount form MSRP on window sticker. A couple hundred bucks + discount off that wouldn't be very valuble.

(ya did leave the % off the 0.4 the 1st time which is 40%.). I was starting thinking math must be different there over in Georgia from the other guy.

Nice these boards (so far) seem to be civil, without the personal attacks common elsewhere. The reason I signed up was to learn.

1st time I have heard July. Doesn't look good then for a trip I have planned at the end of July.

Is "late availability" Ford-speak for unknown length supplier delays?

Enjoy your new ride, what maybe April or May?! Let us know how ya like it, and any issues you run into please.

I'm honestly not sure why there is late availability on the F450 or the paints. Akirby I believe (without scrolling up) said that it might be with the launch of other vehicles however all the colors are available starting 4/17 so I'm not sure how that pertains to other launches.

I'm hoping for an end of April delivery.

Edited by blwnsmoke

Nice these boards (so far) seem to be civil, without the personal attacks common elsewhere. The reason I signed up was to learn.

Stay away from the off topic forum and anybody named "Langston Hughes" or "FiredMotorCompany"..........

We're a pretty civil group as long as you're not a negatard.

Thanks for the input akirby, & others. I'm learning all the time. Only so much published info I've found on new trucks so far, but impressive claims.

If anyone hears when the new diesel issue has been resolved, & they are again scheduling, or hear of a hard date for F450 builds, please let us now

Ford's X-Plan site now has the normal & discounted prices for all 2015 SDs loaded, including all trim levels, even the 450s.

Configured one today to get an accurate idea of how far this will set me back.

Thanks for putting those up, Blue Oval employees! Now if we could just get some hard dates on late availability items, we could know if new trucks will be available for some trips planned. There will be a little time needed before setting out, but bet when finally on the road, the truck will get lots of looks, questions, and if customers are happy, the best advertising around...word of mouth.