On going regen... no dealer help

I have a 2009 F-350 with a 6.4 in it... Runs great, except when in regen which is now happening every 50-60 miles.... I had the latest flash done last August with no change... Is there a way the dealer would pull off the DPF and verify it is not totally clogged ?? They just tell me that they did a forced regen and all seams ok ???? I am towing with it in April and do not want to get caught soomewhere with a break down... I tow a 15,000# Fifth Wheel.... I have heard stories of sensors going bad due to being exposed to on going heat from the regens >>>

This is my second dealer... both say that there are no codes being thrown and when put in manual regen mode , it seems ok..?

Seems rather strange, but as akirby mentioned, it's probably a bad sensor. The sensor is probably not giving correct readings, but it is not throwing a code. It's possible your DPF is malfunctioning as well, and you aren't getting enough heat generated to burn off all of the soot, only a portion of it, and then it fills right back up again.

How long does each regen last? Mine (I have a 2008 6.4L) lasts about 20 minutes, but it only happens about every 350-400 miles or so (about once per tank). How many miles on your truck? I've got 50k miles on mine now, and regens seem pretty consistent with what they were when I got it 3 years ago with 26k on it.

I have 95,000 miles on it... the regens last around 20 miles or so.. and happen around every 50 miles... it has been blowing a ton of smoke during.. my wife was following me the other day and had to pull over as the smell in her car was awful... she pulled in behind me and when I got in her car we drove with the windows down for a few minutes.. smelled like burnt diesel . . Found a place in CT that manually cleans DPF's by placing them in kilns.. they tell you to replace the internal sensors after the cleaning......I just spoke to the dealer once last time and they agreed that something is happening and they will look at it next Thursday... we will wait and see..

I have 95,000 miles on it... the regens last around 20 miles or so.. and happen around every 50 miles... it has been blowing a ton of smoke during.. my wife was following me the other day and had to pull over as the smell in her car was awful... she pulled in behind me and when I got in her car we drove with the windows down for a few minutes.. smelled like burnt diesel . . Found a place in CT that manually cleans DPF's by placing them in kilns.. they tell you to replace the internal sensors after the cleaning......I just spoke to the dealer once last time and they agreed that something is happening and they will look at it next Thursday... we will wait and see..

Best of luck! Hopefully they can get it figured out and get things taken care of.