2015 Expedition

gvdcpa

Not sure. All I know is what I saw with my own eyes. X-Plan rebates for 2015 Explorer were $1500, same as retail buyers. And my son got 100% of that.

What I'm looking for is the following:

1) 2015 Expedition 4x4 King Ranch (with the following options) a) moonroof; b) 22" wheels. MSRP (inc. destination charge) is $64,280. Ford.com also lists $1,750 of available incentives. Not sure what those are.

My trade will be my down payment, and should net about $10,000.00.

So my question is, what's better?? Invoice or X-Plan??

Thanks for your help AKirby!!

$59,183 including destination after $1750 rebate. You can add $100 to this for the doc fee. No other fees are allowed. This should be virtually identical to the true dealer invoice price since the X plan formula is dealer invoice minus dealer invoice * 0.004 (0.4%) plus $275. 0.4% of $60K is $240 so it's virtually a wash.

The big thing to remember is that with X plan they can't charge more than $100 doc fee or add any other fees or make you buy any other services or dealer options. Without X plan they can do whatever they want.

Also - if you're looking at invoice prices online remember they never include the FDAF (advertising) surcharge. It's a legitimate part of the invoice that the dealer has to pay to Ford but it varies by region so nobody includes it online. It's typically $400-$500 per vehicle. It shows up as a line item on the invoice but that is already factored in to all of the plan pricing listed on the invoice.

2015 Expedition King Ranch®
Pricing Summary
  • Starting X Plan S1
    $56,932
  • Total of Options S4
    $2,806
  • Destination Charges
    $1,195
  • Subtotal
    $60,933
  • Available Incentives S3
    -$1,750
  • Net X Plan S5
    $59,183
  • Monthly Payment S6

Based on $6,094 down payment, 39 month term and 1.5% APR

$632
Model Edit
  • 2015 Ford Expedition King Ranch®, 4x4, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost® L Engine, 6-speed Automatic Transmission
    $56,932
Packages S4Edit
  • 401A
    $0
Exterior S4Edit
  • Tuxedo Black
    $0
  • Heavy-Duty Trailer Tow Package
    $0
  • BLIS® with PowerFold® Mirrors
    $0
  • Power Liftgate
    $0
  • Power Moonroof
    $879
  • Remote Start
    $0
  • 3.31 Non-Limited Slip Rear Axle
    $0
  • 22-inch Polished Aluminum Wheels
    $1,927
Interior S4Edit
  • Mesa Brown
    $0
  • 10-Way Power Passenger Seat
    $0
  • Heated 2nd Row Seats
    $0
  • Premium Sony® Sound System with CD/MP3 and Subwoofer
    $0
  • SYNC® with MyFord Touch®
    $0
  • Voice-Activated Navigation with HD Radio™
    $0
  • Leather Front Bucket Seats - King Ranch®
    $0
  • 2nd Row 40/20/40 Bench
    $0
  • 3rd Row 60/40 PowerFold® Seat
    $0
Accessories S8Edit
  • None Selected

X plan is safer but you can usually do a little better with some haggling. To me it's not worth it. I call my dealer, tell him what I want and he knows I'm using X plan so we don't even discuss price.

As long as you account for doc fees and any other fees and you have them verify the X plan qualified rebates (in case they are different) then you'll know the price difference and you can decide whether to use it or not. But again - you have to wonder why a dealer would turn down a few hundred bucks in free profit for someone who already has a pin unless they're either making it up elsewhere or they had their plan privileges rescinded by Ford and they're not eligible (also a bad sign).

$59,183 including destination after $1750 rebate. You can add $100 to this for the doc fee. No other fees are allowed. This should be virtually identical to the true dealer invoice price since the X plan formula is dealer invoice minus dealer invoice * 0.004 (0.4%) plus $275. 0.4% of $60K is $240 so it's virtually a wash.

The big thing to remember is that with X plan they can't charge more than $100 doc fee or add any other fees or make you buy any other services or dealer options. Without X plan they can do whatever they want.

Also - if you're looking at invoice prices online remember they never include the FDAF (advertising) surcharge. It's a legitimate part of the invoice that the dealer has to pay to Ford but it varies by region so nobody includes it online. It's typically $400-$500 per vehicle. It shows up as a line item on the invoice but that is already factored in to all of the plan pricing listed on the invoice.

2015 Expedition King Ranch®
  • Pricing Summary
  • Starting X Plan S1
    $56,932
  • Total of Options S4
    $2,806
  • Destination Charges
    $1,195
  • Subtotal
    $60,933
  • Available Incentives S3
    -$1,750
  • Net X Plan S5
    $59,183
  • Monthly Payment S6

Based on $6,094 down payment, 39 month term and 1.5% APR

$632

So what is the X-Plan formula again??

And where would I check for X-Plan rebates/incentives on this vehicle.

I just checked my 2009 Expy buyers order, and the X-Plan price was (about) $48,000.00 for a similarly equipped model. Have prices really gone up that much?? Or is the X-Plan price not as much of a discount as it used to be??

Thanks again Akirby!

Ed

In 2009 I bought a fully loaded Eddie Bauer 4x4. It's very similar to the 2015 KR I'm considering.

Not really. It would have been similar to a 2014 but the 2015 gives you 3.5L ecoboost, Myfordtouch and a whole host of other features not previously available. Not saying all that adds up to a $11K difference but that explains the majority of it along with inflation.

Not really. It would have been similar to a 2014 but the 2015 gives you 3.5L ecoboost, Myfordtouch and a whole host of other features not previously available. Not saying all that adds up to a $11K difference but that explains the majority of it along with inflation.

I understand the engine is better/different, and the electronics are updated, but the 2009 EB (loaded) is very similar (leather, moonroof, sync, nav, heated/cooled seats, 4x4, etc) to the KR I'm considering, at least to my way of looking at it.

I pulled out my 2009 Expy file, and the window sticker (for my truck) was $52.345. X-Plan was (per my buyers order) was $47,808.58, for a discount of $4,536.42, or 8.67% off sticker.

The 2015 KR configured like I want it has a window sticker of $64,280 and X-Plan price of $60,933. both before rebates. That's a discount of $3,347.00 or 5.21% off sticker.

Bottom line is in 2009 prices and deals were better. Remember back then, nobody was buying anything! Today, Ford and the economy are stronger leading to higher prices and smaller discounts.

X plan prices were raised a couple of years ago. They used to be below invoice but they're not any more and yes, discounts were higher.

Ford also seems to be taking a stance of higher prices and lower volume on certain low volume products including the full sizes SUVs.

It's a lot more than just a few electronics. In addition to MFT and the 3.5L EB you also get Selectshift, an electronically controlled suspension, Blind spot and cross traffic detection, push button start/keyless entry and upgraded interior materials and better sound deadening. Did your EB have a power liftgate and rain sensing wipers or forward park sensors? It certainly didn't have 22" wheels.

The limited model is closer to your EB than the KR or Platinums.

X plan prices were raised a couple of years ago. They used to be below invoice but they're not any more and yes, discounts were higher.

Ford also seems to be taking a stance of higher prices and lower volume on certain low volume products including the full sizes SUVs.

That's what it seems like to me too. Hey, supply and demand, right??

It's a lot more than just a few electronics. In addition to MFT and the 3.5L EB you also get Selectshift, an electronically controlled suspension, Blind spot and cross traffic detection, push button start/keyless entry and upgraded interior materials and better sound deadening. Did your EB have a power liftgate and rain sensing wipers or forward park sensors? It certainly didn't have 22" wheels.

Yes my 2009 EB has power liftgate, rain sensing wipers, and 20' wheels. Mine also has DVD player for second seat which i am NOT considering for the KR.

Make no mistake, I think the 2015 Expy's look great! My point is in the 6 years since I bought my last Expy, they've gotten a lot more expensive.

Yes my 2009 EB has power liftgate, rain sensing wipers, and 20' wheels. Mine also has DVD player for second seat which i am NOT considering for the KR.

Make no mistake, I think the 2015 Expy's look great! My point is in the 6 years since I bought my last Expy, they've gotten a lot more expensive.

And my point was the added options and features account for a lot of that price increase.

I had been waiting and waiting for information on the 2015 Ford Expedition. I finally found this forum and the info about ordering and when the plant was going to start building. I ended up ordering my Expedition Limited with most the options installed in the beginning of August. I really wished I would have known about the dealer getting the pricing and the ability to order in May because I would have done so. Probably would have gotten my Expedition built a little quicker.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really wished I would have known about the dealer getting the pricing and the ability to order in May because I would have done so. Probably would have gotten my Expedition built a little quicker.

I have thought that also, but I don't know if I would have gotten some of the things I did. I like being able to look at the different options in the different packages on the ford website, and it seems like it is only going to take an extra month from the people that ordered in May.

I have thought that also, but I don't know if I would have gotten some of the things I did. I like being able to look at the different options in the different packages on the ford website, and it seems like it is only going to take an extra month from the people that ordered in May.

That's true. I ordered 22" wheels and in the other thread it sounds like that is delaying them. One guy mentioned a rumor that Expeditions with 22" wheels won't be delivered until after the New Year. I hope to God that isn't true! I'm dying waiting for this thing to get here. I can only handle so much more of this Nissan Armada!

• 1 month later...