Just ordered 2014 F 350

billyjg2007

OASIS is utilized primarily by Ford dealer service departments to check vehicle status for outstanding recalls, etc. It's also a tool that Ford dealers can use to print out a "Build Sheet" for any customers requesting one.

The best source for information on scheduled or unscheduled retail orders is the ordering Ford dealer. Unfortunately, as evidenced by all the posts here on the Blue Oval News Forums, a lot of dealers are poor performers when asked for vehicle order status information from customers or just plead ignorance as to the information that is readily available to dealers. Dealers receive status update reports on a daily basis along with the search functions available via the "Vehicle Visibility" search tool which provides the most up-to-date status information.

I run a Vehicle Visibility report early each morning for status updates on every retail and fleet order our dealership has in the order bank. This report is then distributed to all sales managers, finance/business manager, fleet manager, etc. so that they all know on a daily basis the status of those orders. In addition, I notify the sales representatives when their customer's retail orders are in transit or arrived at the rail ramp so that they can pre-arrange the vehicle delivery.

It's all about communication! BON members are real Ford enthusiasts and do not represent the typical customer that places a factory order. Most just place their factory order and wait for their dealer to call them when the vehicle arrives at the dealership. I'm don't accept this as how the dealership to customer communication should work. I think that all Ford dealers can be a lot more pro-active in communicating information to customers with factory orders by providing updates on ordered vehicle status without the customer having to request updates. Sure, it would be great if Ford provided a vehicle tracking system for customers directly but the reality is that it probably won't be available for years. Until then, it's up to Ford dealers to anticipate and provide the information that customers want without the customer having to constantly request it, etc.