Any ideas on this?

Timjame0719

Ok I tired to search a bit for this in the forums and internet and I just can't find the same situation I have going on to compare. A few weeks ago I noticed the left turn signal (and brake light being the same filament) was flashing fast so I thought I just had a light out. The front left turn signal worked but flashed fast and I had no rear tun signal or brake light. I drove it another day and it came back on. So for the next week and a half it was on and off with no apparent deciding reason. I didn't immediately do anything until finally it went out and never came back on. I checked fuses and bulb, no dice. I hooked up my boat and that turn signal worked just fine (although flashed fast)......this is what was different. Seemed that most with the turn signal being out didn't have a turn signal on their trailer either but I do. I pulled the bulb and socket out and tested the end of the wire plug that plugs into the socket and compared to the other side on brake and turn signal I'm getting half the voltage to it which I'm guessing is why it isn't working. I didn't think the ground is bad as the tail light works on that side, just not the turn or brake. Any ideas on what could be going on? Thanks for any help!!

Would the switch cause a fast flash?

Yes, this was a common issue in Ford trucks late 90s to early 2000s.

I'm not sure if your model year truck would have been using the same switch as the previous models. The turn signals, brake lights etc go through this switch. When it goes bad it replicates the effects of burnt out bulbs. Its located in the steering column. Easy repair for a mechanic. I think I paid a little over $100 when I had mine replaced.