2008 Expedition EL Disable Power Running Boards

The Governor

I have a 2008 Expedition EL Limited. I would like to disable the factory installed power running boards for the winter. Had a Quick Lube oil change today and the Ford mechanic said lots of people "pull the fuse" for them. I looked in my manual and it explained the process via the setup in the message screen. Problem is that option or the air suspension option don't exist in my installed setup.

Do I need a new setup software version installed in the vehicle, or what fuse number do I pull?

Thanks for any help!!!

That is my problem, the message center shows everything that the manual says like autolock, autounlock, oil life, power lift gate and language. Air Suspension and Running Boards are not showing up in the message center.

Any ideas?

Thats really strange. Are they aftermarket? I have a 2008 Limited as well (though not EL) and it shows up, except for air suspension because I do not have that option.

Edited by spotdog14

They were on the vehicle when I bought it new and they are OEM parts. Dealer may have installed them I guess. It is due for the 60,000 mile service, so it is going back to the dealer for that, so I will inquire there for a software update, or just removing power from them.

Tired of them filling up with ice and snow and creating a slippery hazard.

Thanks!!!

They were on the vehicle when I bought it new and they are OEM parts. Dealer may have installed them I guess. It is due for the 60,000 mile service, so it is going back to the dealer for that, so I will inquire there for a software update, or just removing power from them.

Tired of them filling up with ice and snow and creating a slippery hazard.

Thanks!!!

Either way the dealer should be able to activate the software options.