Buyouts

madime39

oh i have no problem with it, just dont want to see u bitchin in 4 years when u take a paycut, and they give it to tier 2 folks.

besides im trades, and where i see it things are great! im not complaining. u were.

I'm not the one complaining, I'm just pointing out some facts to you!
I don't mind working and don't have any plans on quitting, I'm in for the long haul , I understand how things work and I accept it, if only you could!

oh i have no problem with it, just dont want to see u bitchin in 4 years when u take a paycut, and they give it to tier 2 folks.

besides im trades, and where i see it things are great! im not complaining. u were.

When you become trades? Gotta call bula on that Edited by Dork271

Its true that Sterling can be 100% entry level and have shed a lot of employees through transfers to Van Dyke but they just took on more than 100 master wage employees from Romeo that were going to be laid off.

And now the bottom 40 employees are being told they will probably be put on ILO. With a chance to come back in March IF volumes are up. If not off to another plant you go! Best part is the bottom 40-50 don't have a year in yet and will receive no sub pay.

And now the bottom 40 employees are being told they will probably be put on ILO. With a chance to come back in March IF volumes are up. If not off to another plant you go! Best part is the bottom 40-50 don't have a year in yet and will receive no sub pay.

Not sure what your complaining about, nothing in the auto industry is guareented not even a job , everything depends on sales!

Are you scared you will end up at DTP and have to actually work!

It would not work that way. According to the contractual language, once the two tier (with exception of two parts plants) hits 20% of the work force, the highest seniority 2nd tier is moved to first tier So in the long run, Ford saves nothing by having more buy-outs from 1st tier. It only saves until we hit that 20% threshold.

You are kinda right...Tier 2 employees do move to Tier 1 pay rate at the 20% threshold, but Tier 2 employees never move to Tier 1 benefits or retirement.

You are kinda right...Tier 2 employees do move to Tier 1 pay rate at the 20% threshold, but Tier 2 employees never move to Tier 1 benefits or retirement.

Exactly! The extra money per hour means little...never becoming a legacy employee is the key. Not to mention a new hire who is young and eager vs a veteran who is ready to hang it up and understands the system.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes they are NOT near the cap , if you believe the media that is your first mistake!

Ask your local union for a breakdown of the numbers, I believe they are only at about 13% , they are certainly not at 21%, you should not believe the media.Your union has the correct info.

Sad to say but during my 17+ years the Union has lied to me far more than the media, or the Company for that matter, ever have. When the company bends me over they may lie when they tell me it will only hurt a little but at least they tell me they are gonna bend me over. The Union on the other hand will look me in the face and say it will never happen....EVER....then immediatly turn to the guy next to them and tell him to hold me down.

• 6 months later...

Ford is not going to use buyouts just to move 2nd tier employees up to first tier. Rawsonville is not included in the 20% cap, so they will use it there in an effort to get rid of the 1st tier.

Other plants would make no since until such time as we vote to allow more than 20% 2nd tier (which I am sure they will attempt to get in the next contract)

Sure the 20 % is system wide, with the exception of Rawsonville and one other parts plant. But with the hiring done the last few years, I have to believe that we are approaching that cap.

UAW: Ford will move some 2nd-tier workers to top wages

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2015/01/30/ford-raise-workers-wages/22622905/

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't they offer 25 and out!

Because when they did the 25 or 28 and out you supposedly spent those remaining years in GEN. Since they suspended that program during the concessions and apparently just abandoned it in the contract talks, there is no GEN program for you to go into.....and how many people put in a resolution to reinstate the GEN program? I know I did.

The will never offer 25 and out because most don't retire after 30 years on average.

Those members hired in the last four years or so, don`t have an option to retire at 25 or 30 years. No retirement plan at all and no way Ford will ever agree to that benefit ever being reinstated.

If a tier 1 member decides to retire tomorrow the benefit would be at the same rate as 10 years ago. Then there is the reduced health care benefits through the IUAW VEBA. Out of pocket health care expenses have doubled or tripled while monthly benefit checks stay the same.

Talk to some of our retirees, don`t listen to those that talk of that $3600 or $3800 a month stuff... because truth be told those $2200 a month checks are a real reality check....

Decker

1 of the 1788

Edited by Decker

UAW: Ford will move some 2nd-tier workers to top wages

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2015/01/30/ford-raise-workers-wages/22622905/

Top Wages???

At CAP these "few" members that got their raise went to $28.12? What classification is that rate linked too? Why are these members still officially listed as "Entry Level" at a higher rate in the LRO employee listings?

Because, these members will never hold a designated or un designated classification. Never hold any classification rights, loan out or bumping rights. Think of it, how many repair, relief and group leaders don`t have those classifications? If these members were to just be given classifications how would UAW/Ford go about doing that? How many traditional members would love to come in one day and have someone say "you" are now a repair person or group leader or relief person? This wasn`t just a can of worms the IUAW agreed too, it`s the biggest bucket of shit they ever opened.

I can hear it now.... classifications are a thing of the past.... lines of demarcation are old school and out dated.... besides you guys should be thankful you have a job. (Big Jimmy`s famous last words)

It won`t be long the bone us money is being piled up as we type....

Decker

1 of the 1788

1) Based on my post, I don't know why you would assume that I am "out of luck", or that I "should have took" (really? "took"?) a buyout years ago - I asked a straightforward question, and you clearly have no insight as to WHY I asked;

2) I was told from a fairly reliable source that says buyouts will be offered again, and I was simply curious if anyone else had heard this.

Thanks for the information cal50 and wildosvt.

1) Based on my post, I don't know why you would assume that I am "out of luck", or that I "should have took" (really? "took"?) a buyout years ago - I asked a straightforward question, and you clearly have no insight as to WHY I asked;

2) I was told from a fairly reliable source that says buyouts will be offered again, and I was simply curious if anyone else had heard this.

Thanks for the information cal50 and wildosvt.

• 2 months later...