Buyouts

madime39

Ford is hiring people , so why pay people to leave, and don't say cause of what they pay us first tier people!

Buyout days are gone!

I disagree...everyone that takes a buyout is "off the books" and no longer a legacy employee. The smaller salary is just a small portion of what benefits the company. They get a younger employee who will work twice as hard for less money, little benefits and no fixed pension...Ford recovers they buyout money very quickly. I think they come up every contract...but who knows. I also feel, as a skilled trades employee, that the company wants to go to mechanical and electrical trades company wide soon...more reason for buyouts. Just my 2 cents

Ford is not going to use buyouts just to move 2nd tier employees up to first tier. Rawsonville is not included in the 20% cap, so they will use it there in an effort to get rid of the 1st tier.

Other plants would make no since until such time as we vote to allow more than 20% 2nd tier (which I am sure they will attempt to get in the next contract)

Sure the 20 % is system wide, with the exception of Rawsonville and one other parts plant. But with the hiring done the last few years, I have to believe that we are approaching that cap.

Edited by trailfndr

Ford is not going to use buyouts just to move 2nd tier employees up to first tier. Rawsonville is not included in the 20% cap, so they will use it there in an effort to get rid of the 1st tier.

Other plants would make no since until such time as we vote to allow more than 20% 2nd tier (which I am sure they will attempt to get in the next contract)

Sure the 20 % is system wide, with the exception of Rawsonville and one other parts plant. But with the hiring done the last few years, I have to believe that we are approaching that cap.

Ford is not near the cap, there is loopholes to make it impossible to reach the 20%.

There is no way Ford will bring a 2nd Tier employee up to full pay!

• 1 month later...

Sterling is the other plant and they have been moving as many seniority employees to Van Dyke as possible. I'm not sure if or when we will hit the cap especially if they move product into Rawsonville or Sterling.

Sterling is the other plant and they have been moving as many seniority employees to Van Dyke as possible. I'm not sure if or when we will hit the cap especially if they move product into Rawsonville or Sterling.

Its true that Sterling can be 100% entry level and have shed a lot of employees through transfers to Van Dyke but they just took on more than 100 master wage employees from Romeo that were going to be laid off.

Its true that Sterling can be 100% entry level and have shed a lot of employees through transfers to Van Dyke but they just took on more than 100 master wage employees from Romeo that were going to be laid off.

Sterling and rawsonville can be 100% 2nd Tier catch is they don't count towards the 20% number!

That 20% number has a lot of loopholes so that it will never be reached

Yes they are NOT near the cap , if you believe the media that is your first mistake!

Ask your local union for a breakdown of the numbers, I believe they are only at about 13% , they are certainly not at 21%, you should not believe the media.Your union has the correct info.

Sterling and rawsonville can be 100% 2nd Tier catch is they don't count towards the 20% number!

That 20% number has a lot of loopholes so that it will never be reached

They don't count towards the 20% but they make damn sure they throw Raws and Sterling in as a whole number at the end..

Part of the loophole is "insourced jobs"

8424 + 2501 =10925. It does not equal 10621

They don't count towards the 20% but they make damn sure they throw Raws and Sterling in as a whole number at the end..

Part of the loophole is "insourced jobs"

8424 + 2501 =10925. It does not equal 10621

Bottom line is 2nd Tier is here to stay, the union only tells the 2nd Tier members what they want to hear and that is that the union does not like the 2nd tier wage, the company will never go backwards , the 2nd tier wages are here to stay.

I'm just wondering how much of a signing bonus the company will send our way since they are profitable so that we pass the contract without a raise

so they are lying? that would be against the law....

you are exactly what is wrong with the union, keep putting ur head in the sand, and pretend nothings wrong

what happens when they out vote the tier 1's ? then what ?

union doesnt even know the correct numbers, they barely have anything whenever u call them down, any plant ive been, to has been A JOKE.

Yes they are NOT near the cap , if you believe the media that is your first mistake!
Ask your local union for a breakdown of the numbers, I believe they are only at about 13% , they are certainly not at 21%, you should not believe the media.Your union has the correct info.

Bottom line is 2nd Tier is here to stay, the union only tells the 2nd Tier members what they want to hear and that is that the union does not like the 2nd tier wage, the company will never go backwards , the 2nd tier wages are here to stay.

I'm just wondering how much of a signing bonus the company will send our way since they are profitable so that we pass the contract without a raise

2nd tier should not even be here. and if the union is WORTH anything they will eliminate it.

and the tier one days are numbered any time u screw over the next generation. but then again i dont expect u to believe it, just keep putting ur head in the sand

Edited by dark271

so they are lying? that would be against the law....

you are exactly what is wrong with the union, keep putting ur head in the sand, and pretend nothings wrong

what happens when they out vote the tier 1's ? then what ?

union doesnt even know the correct numbers, they barely have anything whenever u call them down, any plant ive been, to has been A JOKE.

You keep believing what you want to, hopefully one day you will realize your lucky to have a job and that your nothing but a number!

We are more than "just a number" who is "lucky to have a job at all" IF{key word}IF we stick together.The entire economy of the USA is built on the fact that we as industrious citizens will wake up each morning and strive to make a better life for ourselves.The wealthy like having the working-class at their beck and call, ready to;flip a burger;drive a cab;build a skyscraper, etc.The dollar is worthless {I guess you could wipe your ass with it}unless it can buy goods and services.I am not taking sides I am just FED UP with the bullshit and abuse from the wealthy and their political whores!Have a nice day.

you are exactly WHAT is wrong with the union today.

like i said, keep putting ur head in the sand, one day when u do take it out, u'll find ur all alone.

and u wont have a union job either.

You keep believing what you want to, hopefully one day you will realize your lucky to have a job and that your nothing but a number!

exactly, how i feel, and many others, if...IF we stick together we can do anything.

We are more than "just a number" who is "lucky to have a job at all" IF{key word}IF we stick together.The entire economy of the USA is built on the fact that we as industrious citizens will wake up each morning and strive to make a better life for ourselves.The wealthy like having the working-class at their beck and call, ready to;flip a burger;drive a cab;build a skyscraper, etc.The dollar is worthless {I guess you could wipe your ass with it}unless it can buy goods and services.I am not taking sides I am just FED UP with the bullshit and abuse from the wealthy and their political whores!Have a nice day.

Union job? The same union job that keeps taking from us on both sides of the fence, the union is just like the company it's not what benefits the employee it's what benefits the company and the union, it's no longer about what the membership wants it's all about how the union can pad there pockets at our expense!

• Like 1

this is also 2014, not 1960.

the union(us) cannot behave like we have done(1960-1990) if we do, we will be extinct.

u can either change or die.

if u believe it is really that bad then quit, no one is forcing u to be at work.

think u can find non union work at 28$ an hour? be my guest.

Union job? The same union job that keeps taking from us on both sides of the fence, the union is just like the company it's not what benefits the employee it's what benefits the company and the union, it's no longer about what the membership wants it's all about how the union can pad there pockets at our expense!

this is also 2014, not 1960.

the union(us) cannot behave like we have done(1960-1990) if we do, we will be extinct.

u can either change or die.

if u believe it is really that bad then quit, no one is forcing u to be at work.

think u can find non union work at 28$ an hour? be my guest.

I'm not the one complaining, I'm just pointing out some facts to you!

I don't mind working and don't have any plans on quitting, I'm in for the long haul , I understand how things work and I accept it, if only you could!