Buyouts

madime39

Ford will not offer any more buyouts because of all the 2nd Tier.

Ford is not gonna buyout a 2nd Tier employee therefore if they offered buyouts to only 1st Tier it would be considered discrimination so your out of luck, you should have took your buyout years ago!

Enjoy the work!

Not from what my buddy at Rawsonville is saying. He is 2nd Tier and was offered it.

• Like 1

Ford will not offer any more buyouts because of all the 2nd Tier.

Ford is not gonna buyout a 2nd Tier employee therefore if they offered buyouts to only 1st Tier it would be considered discrimination so your out of luck, you should have took your buyout years ago!

Enjoy the work!

1) Based on my post, I don't know why you would assume that I am "out of luck", or that I "should have took" (really? "took"?) a buyout years ago - I asked a straightforward question, and you clearly have no insight as to WHY I asked;

2) I was told from a fairly reliable source that says buyouts will be offered again, and I was simply curious if anyone else had heard this.

Thanks for the information cal50 and wildosvt.

• Like 1

Why would the company not offer a buyout every contract? Every time a legacy cost employee comes off the books and a two tier employee is hired it's good for Ford and stockholders. Lower salary, no benefits, no retirement and zero legacy costs....and they are happy to have the job and will do twice as much. Common sense as to why they won't offer them!

Wildosvt....another "my buddy" story. Yeah, these always have merrit!

He just text me that he miss read the handbill and was told wrong by his union rep. Sent a few pics of it to me as well. 2nd Tier is not eligible. But that is the only mistake. It IS going on at Rawsonville.

Edited by wildosvt

Hard Driver, Here is that crow you ordered. Save me a wing for the misstep. ;)

1599911_10201475567753659_243474160_o.jp

As I said. He may have been misinformed by his Rep. and didn't read carefully the first time around ( he doesn't give two shits about a package). But when I say something, I stand behind it.

• Like 3

Why would the company not offer a buyout every contract? Every time a legacy cost employee comes off the books and a two tier employee is hired it's good for Ford and stockholders. Lower salary, no benefits, no retirement and zero legacy costs....and they are happy to have the job and will do twice as much. Common sense as to why they won't offer them!

It would not work that way. According to the contractual language, once the two tier (with exception of two parts plants) hits 20% of the work force, the highest seniority 2nd tier is moved to first tier So in the long run, Ford saves nothing by having more buy-outs from 1st tier. It only saves until we hit that 20% threshold.

So, buyouts are going on right now at Rawsonville. I remember, in the last buyout you could transfer, on paper, to the building offering the buyout, and retire. With the buyout. Of course, the building would have to agree, if for no other reason, they didn't have enough people that wanted to go. Just wondering...........

Edited by diggerjuly

As I said. He may have been misinformed by his Rep. and didn't read carefully the first time around ( he doesn't give two shits about a package). But when I say something, I stand behind it.

wildosvt can you look up what they are offering a employee with 30 + years. last time it was 50k, however i only had 29 years in. thanks in advance. LAP

• 2 months later...

wildosvt can you provide me with screenshots of page 1-7 im looking for the terms and conditions because... there seems to be a miscommunication regarding the rehire rights of those that took the buyout...some are saying they remember being told eligible after 2 yrs. leadership has told me that was only for EDOPP but i took the STEP and other people i know that took the STEP say the same thing..... after 2 yrs they can go back... it doesnt make sense why they would rather hire inexperienced people off the street than bring back old workers for less money than they made before. but anyway...does anyone have the documentation with "FINE PRINT" i cannot find mine i dont remember getting a copy of what i signed... but i want to see where it mentions the 2 year thing. if anyone replies to this please email me rts_computers@charter.net screenshots would be appreciated.

• Like 1