2014/2015 Mustang Production Schedule

ice-capades

Per yesterday's Fleet Distribution News Bulletin...

• 06/20/2014 - 2014MY Mustang - Job Last Date

• 05/13/2014 - 2015MY Mustang - Order Bank Opens
  • 06/12/2014 - 2015MY Mustang - Scheduling Begins
  • 08/11/2014 - 2015MY Mustang - Job #1 Date

If those dates hold up to be accurate, when do you think the 2015 MY Order Guides will be available?

The order guides are usually released on or about the date that the Unscheduled Order Bank (USOB) opens. We're all anxious to see the 2015 Mustang Order Guide but I wouldn't count on it being released early. If it's released early it'll be a pleasant surprise but I wouldn't count on it based on Ford's past practice.

It's important to note for those that may not be familiar with Ford's regular process for new vehicle production and introductions... Ford will build and park 4-6 weeks of production before the initial shipping release. Vehicles will be produced and go through the normal quality inspections and then every vehicle will be re-inspected until Ford meets the quality standard required in order to start shipping vehicles to dealers. As such, I wouldn't expect the 2015 Mustang shipping release to happen until about October 1st meaning dealers probably won't start seeing the new Mustangs hit the ground until mid October! For much of the USA, dealers are going to completely miss the Mustang "season" and I expect that once the initial Mustang production is shipped nationwide that most of the production for at least several months is going to be produced for the "Sun Belt" states where Mustang demand is more uniform on a monthly basis.

I have a meeting Monday morning with our Ford Zone Manager and I'm sure that the 2015 Mustang will come up in the conversation. It's still early so I don't him to have much if any new information but if I do learn anything new I'll pass it on through this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, living here in South Florida, maybe I`ll catch a break and get one of the early Deliveries! Looking to order a MY 2015 Mustang Convertible with the Eco-Boost 2.3 ltr 4 Cy. engine. Race Red with Tan/Beige Interior. Curious if they will offer a Color other than Black for the Fabric Top? While the rest of the Nation goes into Convertible (hibernation) awaiting Spring`s arrival, late Fall, Winter, and early Spring is our "prime-time" for enjoying a Ragtop! Kindly Post information as your updated, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Per yesterday's Fleet Distribution News Bulletin...

• 06/20/2014 - 2014MY Mustang - Job Last Date

• 05/13/2014 - 2015MY Mustang - Order Bank Opens
  • 06/12/2014 - 2015MY Mustang - Scheduling Begins
  • 08/11/2014 - 2015MY Mustang - Job #1 Date

Any updates to this? A member on another forum spoke to a dealer who told him that a Ford bulletin went out this week that said 2015 Mustang deliveries have been delayed until January of next year. Do you know if this is true?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Melino

There have been no bulletins or notices posted yet regarding any delays for the 2015 Mustang. As of Saturday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) the 2014/2015 MY Mustang changeover schedule remains as originally posted. Should there be any changes or notices I'll post the information here.

Thanks for the update. As of 05/13/2014 my Order for a 2015 Mustang Convertible will be placed with a $500 Deposit. Hopefully, X-Plan Pricing will be allowed despite the initial limited availability. If not, the "Arm Wrestling" tactic will be employed. Leaning towards ordering it with the 6 Speed Manual Transmission coupled with the 4 cyl Eco-Boost Engine. Will be my first Standard Transmission vehicle bought since 1971! Of the past 21 (new) vehicles purchased other then a 65` Malibu Chevelle Super Sport, 67` Corvette Stingray, 68` AMX, and a 71` Toyota Corolla, all have been Automatics. Hopefully the (depreciation) and hit on future resale value won`t be too severe being a Mustang Convertible.

Edited by phil1336

There have been no bulletins or notices posted yet regarding any delays for the 2015 Mustang. As of Saturday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) the 2014/2015 MY Mustang changeover schedule remains as originally posted. Should there be any changes or notices I'll post the information here.

Just a guess, but given the marketing weight of the Mustang, I would say they have likely dedicated a few extra hands to make sure it gets out the door as scheduled.

If you ask me though, August is already "behind schedule", at least in historic terms.

Thank you, much appreciated. The info seems to have come from a dealer trying to score a sale of a 2014.

• 1 month later...

Just had a Mustang Group manager from Flat Rock MAP attending a Mustang Anniversary Party here at Wayne Aker`s Ford here is South FL last Thurs evening on Apr. 17. He confirmed, that the Order Scheduling and the Order Guide Process has been delayed for about 1 Month. Things could always change, but I got that from one of the "Horses" mouth last week!

• 2 weeks later...

The Official 2015 Ford Mustang Order Guide was released on Stangnet.com. It has a release date of Apr, 21, 2014. Dealerships should be getting their "Official" Materials w/options any day now! Got my cheque for my Deposit in hand for my Order.

• 2 weeks later...

Illuminated glovebox standard! I recall someone making a stink about that a few years back.

Nice that HIDs and Intelligent Entry/Push Button Start are standard also.

Electronic locking center console is a nice added feature as well. I expect that to become a lot more common across all automakers as people leave more valuable electronics in their cars.

Edited by NickF1011

Here's the official 2015 Mustang Order Guide that was released late last night or early this morning!

The 1st page about "Major Product Changes" is a great example of someone at Ford having a sense of humor!

Thanks for the "heads up" release! Order Book still on schedule to open next Tues, May, 20th? Convertible Orders held back to JOB 2? How much longer to place an order for a Convertible? Any idea what this "Spoiler" looks like? Lots of "delete" Spoiler code mentioned. Is it just a raised lip on the trunk deck or an ugly factory painted add on included at no extra charge. I personally need to see what this Vehicle looks like (both) ways before I can place an order. All Weather Floor Mats? Carpeted or heavy duty Rubber? Guess I`ll stop by my Ford Dealer next week to place a Deposit (if) he has more info on the Spoiler and when Convertible orders can be placed. Thanks again. Great news that you can order a Spare Tire and Jack at least as an Option!

Can't believe that the 2015 Mustang premium models are going to be available with a "50 Years Appearance Package" that includes the 50 Years Grille w/Bright Surround & Rear Gas Cap that we thought was going to be exclusive to the 1,964 2015 Mustang GT 50 Years Limited Edition. This is just going to confuse the Market and all the buyers of 2015 Mustangs equipped with the 50 Years Appearance Package are going to think that they have anniversary model cars. We went through this in the 2004 Model Year when all the Mustangs had 40th Anniversary fender badges!

Just saw a few pre-production pictures of the 2015 Mustang Convertible showing a rear view of the Trunk Lid with and (without) the Standard "Blade Spoiler". I`m sure 99% of MY 2015 Mustangs will be ordered both for Dealer Inventory and Customer Special Orders (with) the Blade Spoiler. You know, "If its free its for me". I`m ordering mine with Option Code 13D (Spoiler Delete). Although not obtrusive, it adds absolutely nothing to the already great lines of this new Vehicle, IMO unless you think having a steel hockey stick handle welded to the trunk lid and painted the same color adds something.

Edited by phil1336

Can't believe that the 2015 Mustang premium models are going to be available with a "50 Years Appearance Package" that includes the 50 Years Grille w/Bright Surround & Rear Gas Cap that we thought was going to be exclusive to the 1,964 2015 Mustang GT 50 Years Limited Edition. This is just going to confuse the Market and all the buyers of 2015 Mustangs equipped with the 50 Years Appearance Package are going to think that they have anniversary model cars. We went through this in the 2004 Model Year when all the Mustangs had 40th Anniversary fender badges!

I heard all of the v8 models would also have a big chrome 50 on the front fenders........

• Like 2

I heard all of the v8 models would also have a big chrome 50 on the front fenders........

I`m ordering my 2015 Mustang Convertible with the 2.3 ltr 4 cyl. Twin Scroll Eco-Boost Turbo Engine. What "cutsie" Badging does those fenders get? Hopefully nothing! Just like the standard "bar spoiler" that can be deleted with option code 13D at no charge, how about all these other gimmicks.

Edited by phil1336