Lincoln Tweets Navigator Teaser?

2014-Dodge-Durango-Rear-0.jpg

imho putting a somewhat similar design to that on a sporty car is meh/ok (Charger, etc)

but putting those SHARP, glowing lines on an extralarge blocky Suv is brilliant!

Max(imum)Wolff is a GENIUS!!

Edited by 2b2

Nope. The difference is a subtle, design-thing. The Lincoln's light shape is a logical relation to the sheet metal lay-out and surface presentation and does not reprise any other Lincoln vehicle; the Dodge is the superposition of Dartzilla. :)

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh. Oooookkkkkkkkkkaaaayyyyyy.

But that's a Durango you are picturing.

So is Lincoln try REALLY too hard with the Navigator then?

post-20193-0-07819800-1391253322.jpg

I don't like that look on either vehicle.

edit: sorry was trying to quote both pictures.. didn't take

Edited by Ron W.

Nope. The difference is a subtle, design-thing. The Lincoln's light shape is a logical relation to the sheet metal lay-out and surface presentation and does not reprise any other Lincoln vehicle; the Dodge is the superposition of Dartzilla. :)

2ic5rw7.jpg

tho

for me the Navi's is actually a surprise-&-delight feature

even more so because my own chopping-attempt at a lightbar TL was admittedly a bit stodgy and this is so FRESH

Looks like LED headlights, the Dodge looking tail lights, and then they have regular dull looking license plate lights? They couldn't go and get the tag lights from the Focus and put them in?

I'm being picky, but according to the press release, they're HID/xenon headlights, not LED :P

But yeah, I agree on the license plate lights.

Looks like LED headlights, the Dodge looking tail lights, and then they have regular dull looking license plate lights? They couldn't go and get the tag lights from the Focus and put them in?

Are those the production tag lights, or are they just photo shoot lights? It's not like they really want to emphasize the manufacturer(?) plates they have on the truck--after all, the plates are presumably body-colored to de-emphasize them, and the lights don't look white enough to pass DOT muster.

Edited by SoonerLS

Are those the production tag lights, or are they just photo shoot lights? It's not like they really want to emphasize the manufacturer(?) plates they have on the truck--after all, the plates are presumably body-colored to de-emphasize them, and the lights don't look white enough to pass DOT muster.

I'd guess they're just carryover bulbs/lights from the current model, but they just seem outdated given the lighting on the rest of the vehicle and other vehicles in the lineup. I think it simply boils down to it being a refresh and them trying to use carryover parts while still giving it a new look (something that's clearly evident on the interior).

I'd guess they're just carryover bulbs/lights from the current model...

Yeah, but my point was that they may not be production lights at all, and may just be something they used to avoid drawing attention to a detail (the license plate) that's not important to the design of the truck itself.

Yeah, but my point was that they may not be production lights at all, and may just be something they used to avoid drawing attention to a detail (the license plate) that's not important to the design of the truck itself.

I suppose that's possible. Don't really see the need to go through all that trouble. They typically paint the plate the color of the vehicle for photo shoots, making it hard to see even with the lights anyway.

Here's a live pic showing the standard sized wheels. Anyone know where this is on display?

15navi.png

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151874417358639&set=a.116039148638.101196.92618568638&type=1&theater

This was taken at NADA and I had a chance to take a close look at the vehicle. It looks "ok" in person but definitely needs a full makeover. Had a chance to sit in the new Cadillac and was very impressed with the quality of materials in that vehicle.

I also checked out the F150 and that looks awesome. The truck looks larger in person and the sunroof is huge. Good things coming with that truck and in comparison to the new Chevy it blew it away.

please report back, grbeck (& with PIX!)

elsewhere there was an article about how the MCE'd Navi wouldN'T be at the DC show,

wouldn't be physically debuted until Chicago;

& I didn't believe it...

...would like to be proven right biggrin.gif

I attended the Washington, D.C., Auto Show on Saturday. Lincoln didn't have the new Navigator on display. The highlight of the Lincoln display was the new MKC. Sorry.

• 5 months later...

North Park Lincoln in San Antonio posted pics from their Customer Appreciation party on Facebook where the '15 Navi was on display in a brownish-orange color. Is that Cinnamon Metallic or a new color?

That would be Bronze Fire. It's a new color that is showing up on most larger Ford models as well as the MKZ for 2015.

Edited by timf