2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid manufacturer buyback vehicle

Biglagon9

Im looking to purchase a FFH and ran across a Loaded SE with less than 5k miles.. However it is a manufacurer buyback supposedly do to a file pump or simular module recall that was not delivered within 30 days so the vehicle was unusable and Ford brought it back. It seems to be priced aggressively at 27K. The build date of the car was 10/22/12. I'm trying to decide if I should purchase this vehicle or a 2014 which would cost about 33 using xplan pricing. One concern it I think this is a job1 cae and I've read that the sound dampening was improved starting with Job 2 cars. I also need to speak with my insurance company to make sure they will insure the buyback vehicle. I know that if I go to sell trhe vehicle it will have to be priced lower than market due to having a branded title. Also in the event of accident not sure how my insurance company would come up with cash value do to the branded title. While I could save 6 or 7k by purchasing this vehicle I'm not sure that I may be better off purchasing a 2014. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Seems odd the fuel pump recall resulted in a buyback. I'm not sure if I believe the dealer on this one.

Didn't another user in NYC (DaOne, I think?) have his vehicle at dealer for 3 weeks or 5 weeks or something like that, while they waited for the proper fuel pump? If it was a similar case, maybe it's possible that the car was out of service beyond the threshold in FL and the manufacturer had to buy it back?

What is the VIN on the buyback car?

I once worked for a GM dealership where they did a buy back on a new car due to recall work. The issue was identified on the first visit, wrong part on the second, faulty part on the third and faulty install work on the fourth. This was all over the course of 6-8 weeks and the vehicle was finally shipped back to the factory. Customer got a brand new off the line replacement one model year newer.

Im looking to purchase a FFH and ran across a Loaded SE with less than 5k miles.. However it is a manufacurer buyback supposedly do to a file pump or simular module recall that was not delivered within 30 days so the vehicle was unusable and Ford brought it back. It seems to be priced aggressively at 27K. The build date of the car was 10/22/12. I'm trying to decide if I should purchase this vehicle or a 2014 which would cost about 33 using xplan pricing. One concern it I think this is a job1 cae and I've read that the sound dampening was improved starting with Job 2 cars. I also need to speak with my insurance company to make sure they will insure the buyback vehicle. I know that if I go to sell trhe vehicle it will have to be priced lower than market due to having a branded title. Also in the event of accident not sure how my insurance company would come up with cash value do to the branded title. While I could save 6 or 7k by purchasing this vehicle I'm not sure that I may be better off purchasing a 2014. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Check out the Fusion Hybrid Forum for more info about Job 1 cars...some owners have had no issues, others have had lots. Some Job 1 cars have been underperformers from an MPG perspective. Take this car for a test drive on whatever your normal commute is to see what kind of MPGs you get. Hopefully it isn't one of the underperformers... 10/22/12 is one of the early, early FFH builds.

What kind of title does this vehicle have since it was bought back by Ford? You have to remember that the $6-7k less for this vehicle is because: 1) it's a 2013. 2) it has a branded title. 3) because it has 5k miles. What would a 2014 be worth after 5k miles? Probably not much more than $27k on trade in. You can probably negotiate the price lower.

If it's a buyback vehicle, who is selling it? Is it being sold direct by Ford? How did you find it? How did the dealer get it? The more info you can share the more we can help. I would encourage you to check out the Fusion Hybrid Forum too...you'll get more response over there than here.

• 2 weeks later...

Read these forums - especially from a year ago or more. There may be nothing serious wrong with the car, but Ford had major problems getting this car off the line for close to 4 or 5 months. Many changes were made for Job 2 and finally depending on if you want more - you can get cooled seats and heated steering wheel on a '14. If money makes the difference, it is a risk. If you can afford the extra and you think the new car is worth it and you are going to drive it a while - don't look back, buy the new one. This is an awesome car - love it, but would definitely stay away from those built early on, esp a buy back - for any reason.

Plus for that pricing - I haven't kept up the last month or two, but you mentinoed SE - The loaded Titanium only lists for 36K - forget X plan - go negotiate hard, use that as a starting place only, if there are any rebates at all - you can drive the Titanium for 33K.

My car was produced the same week as the car your looking at; I have had numerous problems, car has been in the shop 40 days out of the first year; finally had to hire a lawyer to pursue lemon law... settled out of court .... My car's lifetime average is only 32 MPG for 15,000 miles .....

I would go with the 2014

My car was produced the same week as the car your looking at; I have had numerous problems, car has been in the shop 40 days out of the first year; finally had to hire a lawyer to pursue lemon law... settled out of court .... My car's lifetime average is only 32 MPG for 15,000 miles .....

I would go with the 2014

What was the settlement?

I would go with the 2014

I know you did a lot of electrical headlight adjustments and I think you de-badged your car (could be wrong). Did that have anything to do with the settlement?

• 1 month later...

I have a 2012 fusion hybrid that randomly dies while driving it down the road. Just got a call from the Ford rep telling me that there is 'no concern' with vehicle and I HAVE to pick it up. He kindly advised me to call roadside assistance the next time it dies on me. I told him that there is a concern --- it dies on me while driving down the road. Not being able to figure out the cause is not the same as there not being a concern. Apparently Ford's warranty only covers easy to diagnose defects.

I would NOT recommend buying a lemon law buyback car. Who knows what is wrong with it.