Red Brick Interior

rp2388

So I was at the LA auto show and one of the Fusions there had the Red Brick interior. I know a couple of people have asked in the past but I figured I'd post a couple that I took. Sorry for the bad quality btw, my phone camera is horrible. It's not as tomato-ey as I first thought it was, but I still wouldn't choose it.

post-51106-0-72738600-1386364637_thumb.jpg

post-51106-0-97531500-1386364749_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I really like them.

I am in the market for a car in 2014 and I want a loaded non-hybrid model. I really don't like the black leather in the titanium, especially without cooled seats being available, really? I am glad there is another choice now.

Does anyone know when they started being available? I searched my area and there are not any brick red interior models available. In fact it isn't even a search option on Ford.com.

Would I be better off to order to get these?

I am planning on waiting until summer 2014 to buy. Does anyone have any guesses as to what changes may be made for the 2015 models?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Cooled seats are available now, even though they don't appear in the build and price tool yet. There is also Mediun Soft Ceramic, which is an ivory colored leather. As for the Brick Red interior, it is a somewhat bold interior choice and also carries an upcharge, making it a risky proposition for dealers to carry on stock models. I'm sure any dealer would be more than happy to special order it for you, but you're going to have a tough time finding it in stock.

Thanks, timf. Do you know if the cooled seats are available with the red brick interior? I haven't seen any models on the ford.com website in my area with the medium soft ceramic interior either. I want a 2.0 EB Titanium in medium gray. I understand that I may have to order, but planning on a late summer purchase. Will this timeframe mean that I will likely get a 2015 model year or a 2014? When would the orders close for the 2014 model year?

Thanks, timf. Do you know if the cooled seats are available with the red brick interior? I haven't seen any models on the ford.com website in my area with the medium soft ceramic interior either. I want a 2.0 EB Titanium in medium gray. I understand that I may have to order, but planning on a late summer purchase. Will this timeframe mean that I will likely get a 2015 model year or a 2014? When would the orders close for the 2014 model year?

I think it depends when in the summer you plan on getting ur Ti. If you go with late summer, like September, the 2015s will probably just be coming out. Cooled seats should be available with the red brick but I'm not sure. I would say to go on Edmunds and use their car building tool to see if you can option it with that, or go to a dealer and ask. If you're waiting until late summer, I would just get it off my mind right now since who knows what Ford may or may not do with the 2015 models (HIDs maybe?).

I think it depends when in the summer you plan on getting ur Ti. If you go with late summer, like September, the 2015s will probably just be coming out. Cooled seats should be available with the red brick but I'm not sure. I would say to go on Edmunds and use their car building tool to see if you can option it with that, or go to a dealer and ask. If you're waiting until late summer, I would just get it off my mind right now since who knows what Ford may or may not do with the 2015 models (HIDs maybe?).

I would like to take delivery of my car in August or September (latest), but I may be willing to wait if there is a change that I want on the 2015 MY. I have been using the Ford.com site to build and price with options, I hadn't thought about using Edmunds. Thank you for the idea.

It seems like delivery is taking 8-12 weeks, so I may order in May - June timeframe. This year, 2013, the new models (2014) were being ordered and the current MY ordering was closed by June. So I don't know what to expect, I may have to be flexible.

Thank you for your responses!

Yes the heated / cooled seats with brick red interior are currently being built. I've got mine optioned that way. The cooled seats are no where to be found on the US or Canadian Ford sites. The heated steering wheel can't be found either, but that option is also available and being built now.

Thank you for the confirmation that the heated steering wheel was being built. Do you know if it is stand alone option or part of a package? Thank you for the information. I really like the red brick interior from the photos I have seen. Especially the red inserts in the doors. I have always liked the red and black look.

Yes the heated / cooled seats with brick red interior are currently being built. I've got mine optioned that way. The cooled seats are no where to be found on the US or Canadian Ford sites. The heated steering wheel can't be found either, but that option is also available and being built now.

Let me know when you get your car, I would love pictures.

I was just on Edmunds trying to see how I would order my car and when I chose the heated and cooled seats, it required a switch to the Medium Soft Ceramic interior and it made the switch for me. If this is correct, I may switch to the Dark Side with the Medium Soft Ceramic interior instead of the Sterling Gray with Red Brick.

I realize that Edmunds is not Ford, but the cooled seats and Medium Soft Ceramic interior aren't currently available as options on Ford.com. I will continue with my research.

Thank you to everyone here for all of your support and feedback.

Heated and Cooled seats are available with all three seat colors. The Edmunds site is incorrect. As you may already know, you can't get Brick Red seats with Dark Side (only white/gray/silver/black).

The cutoff dates for ordering 2014 models aren't known yet, but there should be plenty of notice. Check back here because you salesman likely won't be as well informed on the dates as our sources. You will pay less for a late 2014 model than you will for an early 2015 model, so if it doesn't matter to you what model year your car is I'd go ahead and get in a 2014 order right before the cutoff.

Thank you for the confirmation that the heated steering wheel was being built. Do you know if it is stand alone option or part of a package? Thank you for the information. I really like the red brick interior from the photos I have seen. Especially the red inserts in the doors. I have always liked the red and black look.

When I ordered my car it was a stand alone option (52A). The black is too much black, and I think the ceramic would show dirt way too easily (I have kids). I've seen a brick red interior on a car on a dealer lot, and it was really nice. The red in the doors, really breaks up the all black.

Heated and Cooled seats are available with all three seat colors. The Edmunds site is incorrect. As you may already know, you can't get Brick Red seats with Dark Side (only white/gray/silver/black).

The cutoff dates for ordering 2014 models aren't known yet, but there should be plenty of notice. Check back here because you salesman likely won't be as well informed on the dates as our sources. You will pay less for a late 2014 model than you will for an early 2015 model, so if it doesn't matter to you what model year your car is I'd go ahead and get in a 2014 order right before the cutoff.

That makes sense, I didn't expect Edmunds to be 100% correct. I didn't know that Red Brick was unavailable with Dark Side, but I am kind of picky and wouldn't want that color combination. I either want Red Brick with Sterling Gray or Medium Soft Ceramic with Dark Side. Either way I know I want the H Spoke Dark Stainless rims and cooled seats with heated steering wheel. The seats and steering wheel are mostly for my wife, but I am sure I will like them too.

I understand the 2014 would likely cost less than the 2015 MY. That isn't really too big of a deal to me as long as it's not thousands. I am more concerned about getting what I want and time/availability. I would like to buy in either August or September and plan to order in time to hit these dates. I am just curious what model year this timeframe would be, because based upon 2013 the change over in ordering was in either March or April with Job 1 dates in June. (I have been following BON for quite a while) I have always been interested in the process of ordering a new car, but I have never ordered my own. I have purchased what was available on the lot for the best deal. With x plan, I don't think it matters as much anymore and I want what I want.

It is great to have a website like this to discuss thoughts and learn what is to come on the cars. Thank you all.

toduncom,

I just noticed the cutoff dates for 2014 and start dates for 2015 have already been published. It's earlier than this year, so you will most likely be forced into a 2015. Keep in mind that since Dark Side is a specialty color (as opposed to common colors like black/gray/white/red), there's a good chance it may not carry over to 2015.

2014 Final Order Date: 3/14/2014

2015 Initial Order Acceptance: 3/17/2014

2015 Scheduling Begins: 4/17/2014

2015 Production Begins: 5/27/2014

(Side note: The MKZ timetable is 1-2 months behind the Fusion)

toduncom,

Looks like timf said what I was trying to say in the other thread. I waited until it was too close to the Final Order Date for 2013's. By then my Dealer didn't have any more allocation for Fusions and they were unable to trade for an allocation from another Dealer. By the time I found a new Dealer that would negotiate the Order Bank was closed. Then there was an extended period of time where the Dealers around here didn't know what was going to be available for 2014 Fusions, and none would confirm or deny the information that I had found on the internet. By the time option and pricing information was available several months had gone by. I put down my deposit in September, knowing that multiple options that I wanted on the car weren't being build until early November. So now I'm waiting until mid-January for delivery.

So I guess what I'm saying is that if you wait too long, you may have to wait longer than you had originally hoped. I'm not trying to pressure you, I'm just sharing my experience. Either way, it's all about getting exactly the car you want.

toduncom,

I just noticed the cutoff dates for 2014 and start dates for 2015 have already been published. It's earlier than this year, so you will most likely be forced into a 2015. Keep in mind that since Dark Side is a specialty color (as opposed to common colors like black/gray/white/red), there's a good chance it may not carry over to 2015.

2014 Final Order Date: 3/14/2014

2015 Initial Order Acceptance: 3/17/2014

2015 Scheduling Begins: 4/17/2014

2015 Production Begins: 5/27/2014

(Side note: The MKZ timetable is 1-2 months behind the Fusion)

timf,

thank you so much for the actual dates. This is the information I was waiting to see.

I can't make my decision quite yet, but these dates would align well with August or September delivery dates for a 2015 MY. I don't know that I will go with the Dark Side even if it is available. I am starting to think it is to dark for my tastes and I believe I prefer the Sterling Gray with the Red Brick interior. I am more concerned about the auto stop/start feature. I think this will prove to be hard on batteries and obviously starting motors, and I don't believe it is necessary or value added for me. I don't want this technology on my next car, maybe the one after that after if it is further developed. I want a Titanium AWD Fusion with heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel. I have some other wants that are negotiable but like ready set smoke says, I want to order exactly what I want.

Do you think it will be possible to know what will be available or see the order guide for the 2015 MY before the 2014 order date closes? I may go with an MKZ if the Fusion of my dreams is unavailable. I have several contingency plans.

Thank you for the information! I appreciate you keeping me as informed as possible to make an intelligent decision for my next vehicle purchase.

The order guides usually aren't posted until after the order banks open, so by then it will be too late to order a 2014. I doubt there will be any major changes for the 2015 model year, since it's the third year of production and things generally settle down by that point. If you are concerned over potential changes (i.e. if Brick Red is discontinued), you can always ask a dealer to place an order for you and decide not to take delivery when the car arrives if you aren't ready for it.

The order guides usually aren't posted until after the order banks open, so by then it will be too late to order a 2014. I doubt there will be any major changes for the 2015 model year, since it's the third year of production and things generally settle down by that point. If you are concerned over potential changes (i.e. if Brick Red is discontinued), you can always ask a dealer to place an order for you and decide not to take delivery when the car arrives if you aren't ready for it.

Good points timf! I think I will be fine waiting and ordering in early June like I had planned. It does make sense that any changes to the 2015 MY would be small or cosmetic. Do you have any idea why the change over is so much earlier next year. It doesn't make sense to change model years and very little else so early in the year. FYI - I thought that this year was early.

I will definitely be on this board quite often over the next 9 months.

It appears that it's just Flat Rock that is starting production early. This might have to do with the changeover required for the new Mustang. Hermosillo won't be starting 2015 production until July 14, which is essentially the same as it was this year.

It appears that it's just Flat Rock that is starting production early. This might have to do with the changeover required for the new Mustang. Hermosillo won't be starting 2015 production until July 14, which is essentially the same as it was this year.

timf,

Thank you for the update! This means I would probably need to move up my purchase date and get a 2014. I am still trying to decide if I will get the Fusion for sure. I have a couple of other vehicles I like and I will have this next one for quite a while so I need to be sure it is everything I want and need. Which is one of the reasons ordering makes sense. Either way I now have the information I need for my decision. I am sure I will be around BON, because all of the vehicles on my list are Ford or Lincoln.