Ford November 2013 Sales

I planned on keeping ours til the wheels fall off, but may pull its replacement ahead when we know it's done.

Our original plan was to keep 6-8 years, which is about the norm for us. But, we are building a house next year, so were planning on pushing it to maybe 10 years for this one, which puts us out to '18. I don't think the Flex will still be around then, so we'll see what Ford has to offer in the '19 model year.

I read a Reuters article about why the Fusion won't pass the Camry and Accord in sales. Its all about the YEN and the ability of the Japanese Government to use it as a major cost advantage. Camry has a cost advantage of between $1500 to almost $2000 over a Fusion. They outsold Fusion by almost 8000 units in November. Mr Obama had warned the Japanese about the devalued Yen in April...but its December and nothing has been done and we see that in the sales number! Mulally has been very vocal about it, but nothing will be done.

Cruze killing the Focus each month in sales...Why? Chevy total sales per month include an average of 25% going to Fleet orders. I wonder what percentage of Ford total sales are fleet orders?

• Like 1

I read a Reuters article about why the Fusion won't pass the Camry and Accord in sales. Its all about the YEN and the ability of the Japanese Government to use it as a major cost advantage. Camry has a cost advantage of between $1500 to almost $2000 over a Fusion. They outsold Fusion by almost 8000 units in November. Mr Obama had warned the Japanese about the devalued Yen in April...but its December and nothing has been done and we see that in the sales number! Mulally has been very vocal about it, but nothing will be done.

Cruze killing the Focus each month in sales...Why? Chevy total sales per month include an average of 25% going to Fleet orders. I wonder what percentage of Ford total sales are fleet orders?

According to Mr Merkle, sales analyst at Ford, fleet sales are comparable to Chevy. I can't understand why the Cruze beats Focus...unless its price?

Erich Merkle

So we will start off with our fleet data. So as we look at fleet as a percentage of our total sales and we look at the month of November fleet was 23% of our total sales, 13% for commercial, 4% for government and 6% for daily rental. Comparing to November of 2012 fleet was 24% of our total sales that would have been 14% for commercial, 4% for government and 6% for daily rental.

When we start looking at calendar year-to-date January through November fleet as a percentage of our total sales were 29% that would translate into 13% for commercial, 5% for government and 11% for daily rental. This compares to January through November last year of 30% for total, 14% for commercial, 5% for government and 11% for daily rental.

Edited by bobbyd

How can this be? The Camry is the "most American car..." (sarcastic)

I have been amazed at the genius marketing folks at Toyota that have many customers of the Camry believing they are buying the "most American" car, while Toyota takes advantage of their Japanese homeland's unfair trade practices that have been going on for decades.

Edge and MKX finally starting to show their age?

MKX seems to be relatively consistent with just under/around 2000/month lately. Edge seems a bit harder to predict with sales often bouncing up and down. I believe it was over 10,000 just last month or the month before. I would expect a bump in both of them though when the new one arrives.

The answer is simple, Malibu is that bad and Fusion is that good....

Think about it, why would you buy a mediocre mid sizer when a less costly large compact will do.....

The answer is simple, Malibu is that bad and Fusion is that good....

Think about it, why would you buy a mediocre mid sizer when a less costly large compact will do.....

Why would you then buy the Cruze instead of something from another automaker? It's not like the Cruze is the cream of the crop of small cars either. I really can't believe it's doing well at all with its warmed-over-Cobalt-which-was-a-warmed-over-Cavalier exterior styling.

Why would you then buy the Cruze instead of something from another automaker? It's not like the Cruze is the cream of the crop of small cars either. I really can't believe it's doing well at all with its warmed-over-Cobalt-which-was-a-warmed-over-Cavalier exterior styling.

A lot of people bought Cobalts and Cavaliers mainly because the price was right, so they are probably thrilled with the Cruze, as it is a big step up from those two cars.

I'm also sure that GM offered deals to Saturn and Pontiac owners, in order to keep them in the "GM family."

If you've suffered with a Saturn Ion, the Cruze probably seems like a revelation.

Edited by grbeck

Some people will just only by ___________ brand cars. Couple walks into their Chev-ro-lay dealer to replace the last bowtie-branded car that parks next to the Silverado in their driveway... Looks at the Malibu, sees a more competitively priced Cruze, goes for a drive, and signs the papers.

The C - Max has had a lot of bad press recently, given the reliability reports and gas mileage adjustments.

As for the Cruze vs Focus, while I would rather have the latter, I do think the Focus looks more "economy car" in its proportions and style while the Cruze looks more midsize, more traditionally substantial. Just a guess...

Edited by Iiari