My 2014 Titanium in Dark Side

cjh

Just wanted to share some pics of the new ride. I'm coming from a 2005 Acura TL that I will miss dearly. I'd had the car for four years and it was approaching 130K miles, so it was just time for something new. Ended up with a 2014 Fusion Titanium in Dark Side. Optioned with sunroof (why this isn't standard is beyond me...), nav, h-spokes, adaptive cruise, and all season floor mats. Doing a 36 month lease. First American car and I'm very impressed so far after having the car three weeks.

My trade in:

8991556075_9e79645be8_b.jpg

Was nervous about Dark Side looking too green, as I'm not a fan of true "green" cars. I've fallen in love with the color. Looks black 95% of the time. In direct sun, it looks amazing.

9866688605_65ebc4b31f_b.jpg

Delivery day:

9866676754_be0abe2355_b.jpg

9866677665_7a0eaa7021_b.jpg

After having 35% tint installed:

9944059523_f31f815e28_b.jpg

9943953096_920c509dda_b.jpg

9943958406_56bdc07552_b.jpg

Ordered some lightly tinted Lamin-X tail light tint, along with some fog light tint. Just wanted to share some pics of the new ride.

Edited by cjh
  • Like 2

Just wanted to share some pics of the new ride. I'm coming from a 2005 Acura TL that I will miss dearly. I'd had the car for four years and it was approaching 130K miles, so it was just time for something new. Ended up with a 2014 Fusion Titanium in Dark Side. Optioned with sunroof (why this isn't standard is beyond me...), nav, h-spokes, adaptive cruise, and all season floor mats. Doing a 36 month lease. First American car and I'm very impressed so far after having the car three weeks.

My trade in:

8991556075_9e79645be8_b.jpg

Was nervous about Dark Side looking too green, as I'm not a fan of true "green" cars. I've fallen in love with the color. Looks black 95% of the time. In direct sun, it looks amazing.

9866688605_65ebc4b31f_b.jpg

Delivery day:

9866676754_be0abe2355_b.jpg

9866677665_7a0eaa7021_b.jpg

After having 35% tint installed:

9944059523_f31f815e28_b.jpg

9943953096_920c509dda_b.jpg

9943958406_56bdc07552_b.jpg

Ordered some lightly tinted Lamin-X tail light tint, along with some fog light tint. Just wanted to share some pics of the new ride.

BEAUTIFUL looking Fusion! Congratulations!

Edited by bobbyd
  • Like 1

Thank you! I absolutely love it. :)

I never would have thought I'd leave Honda/Acura and buy a Ford, but this car blew me away. The 13/14 Accord was nice and all, but this just felt more refined and I liked the interior much more.

Edited by cjh

That's a beautiful car - If I had a 2014 I would have had Dark Side Titanium so I have to say I'm a bit jealous. One thing - you mentioned worrying about green - I thought dark side was a dark blue?

Thank you! The color looks more green than blue in the sun. In the shade, it looks black with a hint of blue. Under parking lot lights, it looks dark blue. I just like the color because its essentially black with a unique element when its in the sun.

Dark Side is a unique color that shifts between green, blue, and black. The one I saw in person had a distinctive green sparkle to it, but it was offset by blue tones as well.

The only real way to tell is to see it person really. I searched for picture after picture online and was thinking it'd be too green, but in person, it's beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...

Dark side is an absolutely stunning color. I'd get it in a heart beat if I wasn't afraid of scratches and maintenance of the paint :(.

I never thought I'd get a "black" car, but I just fell in love when I saw it in person. It definitely is a lot of work, but you can't beat it when its clean. I see you drive a TL. What year?

I never thought I'd get a "black" car, but I just fell in love when I saw it in person. It definitely is a lot of work, but you can't beat it when its clean. I see you drive a TL. What year?

My 2009 TL which the parents bought for me (no complaints).

I fell in love with dark side. The tint on that car sometimes is absolutely drool worthy :wub: . Maintaining that beautiful color over the years, might be a little tough. Especially if you want touch up some scratches with dark side.

I'm thinking about getting a built to order 2014 Fusion Titanium in sterling gray (MAYBE soft ceramic interior) with Nav, driver assist, park assist. Just waiting for the $750 brochure and $1,500 rebate. I really hope it's going to be reliable though. Consumer reports reliability score that came out today put ford pretty much towards the bottom. :cry:

My 2009 TL which the parents bought for me (no complaints).

I fell in love with dark side. The tint on that car sometimes is absolutely drool worthy :wub: . Maintaining that beautiful color over the years, might be a little tough. Especially if you want touch up some scratches with dark side.

I'm thinking about getting a built to order 2014 Fusion Titanium in sterling gray (MAYBE soft ceramic interior) with Nav, driver assist, park assist. Just waiting for the $750 brochure and $1,500 rebate. I really hope it's going to be reliable though. Consumer reports reliability score that came out today put ford pretty much towards the bottom. :cry:

Sterling gray was my second choice, followed by white. I'll only have the car for 3 years as its a lease so hopefully nothing goes terribly wrong with it in that time. I already took the car in for a few rattles though. What does the soft ceramic interior look like? Not sure I've seen that.

Sterling gray was my second choice, followed by white. I'll only have the car for 3 years as its a lease so hopefully nothing goes terribly wrong with it in that time. I already took the car in for a few rattles though. What does the soft ceramic interior look like? Not sure I've seen that.

Few rattles already? :banghead:

The soft ceramic interior does look REALLY good in the fusion. The black on soft ceramic with those aluminum accents are quite appealing. Unfortunately, the pictures my dealership showed me were of an SE and not Titanium. So the front seats look great while the back seats are a bit ugly..but that's mostly due to the design of the SE seats. Titanium seats look much more premium.

I wish I could show you, but there isn't a picture of the Titanium in soft ceramic online..or well none that I've found :(

I really hope it's going to be reliable though. Consumer reports reliability score that came out today put ford pretty much towards the bottom. :cry:

They hate MyFordTouch. Outside of the technology, Ford's reliability would be fine. There's not a whole lot of difference in reliability imo.

They hate MyFordTouch. Outside of the technology, Ford's reliability would be fine. There's not a whole lot of difference in reliability imo.

Ah, well that makes me feel SO much better! I actually REALLY liked myford touch, especially the voice commands. Voice commands in the advance mode and the recent updates made myford touch really good :)

Few rattles already? :banghead:

The soft ceramic interior does look REALLY good in the fusion. The black on soft ceramic with those aluminum accents are quite appealing. Unfortunately, the pictures my dealership showed me were of an SE and not Titanium. So the front seats look great while the back seats are a bit ugly..but that's mostly due to the design of the SE seats. Titanium seats look much more premium.

I wish I could show you, but there isn't a picture of the Titanium in soft ceramic online..or well none that I've found :(

Yep. Have one near the glove box area and one to the left of my ear by the seatbelt tensioner. I say "have" and not "had" because despite taking it to the dealer, the rattles persist. The service people didn't seem to want to take me seriously when I went in...likely has something to do with my age but regardless I expect more from a $35K car. Luckily there are a number of Ford dealers I can choose from in the area I'm in so I'll be taking it elsewhere to have the issue resolved. A bit unnerving seeing as these rattles appeared when the car had 1500 miles on it.

And bummer...really curious to see what it looks like. I've seen pictures of the red brick interior and good grief...that's just an overload of red.

Ah, well that makes me feel SO much better! I actually REALLY liked myford touch, especially the voice commands. Voice commands in the advance mode and the recent updates made myford touch really good :)

Agreed. It was confusing at first but I find it to be fairly intuitive now.

Edited by cjh
  • Like 1

:hysterical: lol, I'm more concerned with stone chips and scratches...

Clear bra and you're set for rock chips. But yeah, black does tend to show a lot more than lighter colors. It's the nature of the beast. It's worth it to me though having such a beautiful color when clean.

• 2 weeks later...
Took the car on its first road trip this weekend. Racked up about 800 miles.

Cliffs:

1) 33 MPG highway my ass. Averaged 28. In my old Acura TL, making the same trip, I'd get 32. Mind you, that car had a 3.2 V6.

2) Buttery smooth and dead quiet on the highway. Adaptive cruise is absolutely the best thing since sliced bread. Enables my lazy ass to be even more comfortable.

3) The color. After a nice waxing, I couldn't stop staring at the paint.

10804654795_85234aa09f_c.jpg

10804652516_7fd80f355d_c.jpg

10804788174_cf051b01a2_c.jpg

I'm all about black cars - my last 3 have been - a black Cougar and 2 black GMC's - I'm probably moving to a Ford truck next, this color would get me to leave black, I hope they offer it in the truck too. Very cool color. Need to go find one to see in person.

Great looking car! I just put in a special order for the same exact color on 11/4!! Good luck!!

Awesome! When will you have it?

I'm all about black cars - my last 3 have been - a black Cougar and 2 black GMC's - I'm probably moving to a Ford truck next, this color would get me to leave black, I hope they offer it in the truck too. Very cool color. Need to go find one to see in person.

Trust me, I was set on black. I hate green cars and still do. But this color is like a chameleon. Most the time it just looks black. Sometimes in the sun it's a beautiful metallic dark green. And sometimes in overcast or under street lights, it looks dark blue. I could talk about the color for days, but moral is, it's just a very unique shade of black.