2014 Explorer Side Step

I am a brand new Ford owner, I have a 2014 Explorer Limited and love it!

I came from a Chevy Avalanche, which had a side step to help jump up into the cab.

Although the Explorer is not as high, a side step to help me with my stubby legs jump in would be nice.

Checking with my Ford dealer shows a side step is not available as an accessory.

I checked with the local Ziebart that sells side steps, they did not have one for the 2014 Explorer.

Anyone know if there is a step out there for this model?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Since there are no changes from 2013 to 2014, the pictured running board seen here on a 2013 Ford Explorer should do the trick.

NOTE: in the link, you need to select the make, model, and year for your Explorer...don't select 2014 because they haven't updated the fitment as of yet. Select 2013. Call them to verify...good luck.

Ford_Explorer2011_RB1.png

Ford_Explorer2011_MB.png

Edited by twintornados

I noticed the same thing when we ordered our 14 last month. I also have an 07 Avalanche like you do, which I'm keeping. The Avalanche is a much taller vehicle then the Explorer and when looking at the Explorer it is much easier to get in and out of it then the Avalanche. Are you sure you need to the steps? It will probably lower some of your ground clearance if you put them on.