2015 F-Series Super Duty

ice-capades

WE ARE NOT BUILDING THE 2015 MODELS YET! Our balance out is this friday. We will probably build a few 2015 on friday. I have not heard of any engine problems, but I could be wrong on this. They are telling us that it will take 2 weeks to get up to full production, which means working 50 hrs per week 2 shifts. This is normal on change over.

Then why are some of the 2015 VIN's showing as "in production" as of yesterday if you are not building trucks?

There are/were issues with the motors, an internal memo was sent out explaining the issue with them which is why they stopped scheduling 2015s. Have to play catchup by repairing them before building more.

Question for you Waloud ,

You had stated that you were part of the interior gang (I think)... maybe you could get me some secrete info.... I am trying to find out if ALL the 6.7's..250 , 350 and 450 alike will have the new Exhaust Brake button on the dash and not just the 450... is there any chance you could find that out without getting into trouble ??

On YouTube there is a 12 min video posted by left lane news from the September 26th debut of the 2015 Super Duty truck. A few Ford people were interviewed and said the dash mounted engine braking button was on all Super Duty with the 6.7L engines.

Body & Paint probably already have started. Maybe even in trim to. I work in the final area. By the time the truck gets to me it's pretty much done. We will not see any until late Friday night. Think it takes like 24 hrs for a truck to be fully built. I will look tonight for sure for the exhaust break.

Lol, its been a painful 2 months!!!

Nothing would be cooler then having a picture of your truck on the assembly line. I'm making a binder of all the steps of the order process (order sheet, Dora, window sticker etc) and then going to keep all my fuel slips and maintenance records in it as well. Kind of silly but very excited!!

I know someone who was able to get a picture of their Explorer Sport on the assembly line. Amazing picture to have.

Waloud, can you make sure mine is all purrrty next Friday when it rolls off the line?? Lol

Just got my window sticker today.

Any chance of snapping a picture of her on the line? I'd be happy to compensate if necessary.

Wish i could.

Thanks for clearing that up , now back to work , there is no time for rest until we get our trucks..!! In the 12 minute video , there clearly is one but that is all about the 450,.. On some smaller videos on the 350 king ranch it was not clear ... No more guessing ... !

My same contact who had a truck "in production" on 3/13 is now showing all 17 of his orders that he placed on 1/15 "in production" as of this morning. They are starting to roll one way or another in the factory.

Can you pm me & let me know about the engine issues? I can keep it under wraps. Also I ordered my new truck mid January but the dealership is telling me it will be delayed (so far indefinitely) because it is two tone with caribou. Caribou is the holdup for some reason.

All I'm going to say on here with what I found out today is that if you can afford to wait, I'd wait a few months before getting a 2015. Won't go into specifics on here and I know I'm just some guy on the net typing away. If I wasn't in the situation I'm in now, I'd be waiting but there are too many factors that are preventing me from waiting personally.

Take that for whatever it's worth.

I hope Ford is reading this!!

Edited by blwnsmoke