Clearcoat on black rims peeling :>(

sweez

This issue has been on going. We have had 2-3 different fusions with this wheel problem. I know of a couple that the wheels have been replaced twice. I would definitely argue that fact if they declined repair. They know this is a issue. Its not acceptable to decline wheel replacement when this issue has started showing up all over.

They declined the crack, not the clear coat peeling.

Don't make issue of the crack. Tell them that the crack is your problem. Tell them to fix their problem which is the peeling rims. The fact that the only way to fix the peeling problem is to replace the rim (this is not your problem). I had a similar problem in that one of my rims had rubbed the curb and had a very minor scuff. Initially they told me they would not replace the rim due to the damage. I argued that one had nothing to do with the other and they gave in and replace the rim.

• 6 months later...

how long will we have to wait, this has been an issue for a couple years now. i can get them fixed myself for 350 but after spending 26 thousand for a new car i shouldnt have to. 2014 fusion se 4000 miles. it was peeling after 1500 miles, now they look like crap.

how long will we have to wait, this has been an issue for a couple years now. i can get them fixed myself for 350 but after spending 26 thousand for a new car i shouldnt have to. 2014 fusion se 4000 miles. it was peeling after 1500 miles, now they look like crap.

Your car should be covered under warranty. Have you talked with the dealer?

Your car should be covered under warranty. Have you talked with the dealer?

They've been replacing them for several years but the problem reoccurs pretty quickly. Ford said they're working on a fix and not to replace any more right now.

i have bought 7 new fords, but if they cant even get a wheel fixed it might be my last. it doesnt cost ford anything anyway, the wheel manufacturer will be reponsible. if ford gets the wheels fixed they look good and it doesnt cost them anything, if they dont fix them they look badeven though they didnt make the wheel. its not that complicated, ford needs to fix this now.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...