Any numbers on actual Explorer affected by the biggest complaints?

I have read on numerous forums about power steering problems, mold smell in AC, exhaust smell or burning smell in cabin and water leaking into the vehicle. I just ordered a new 2014 and these things worry me. I know most people that have a good experience with a vehicle will not come online and talk about it. Only people with problems come online to discuss them. So does any one know the actual number of vehicles affected by these problems? How many vehicles need to be reported witha specific issue for a recall?

I have read on numerous forums about power steering problems, mold smell in AC, exhaust smell or burning smell in cabin and water leaking into the vehicle. I just ordered a new 2014 and these things worry me. I know most people that have a good experience with a vehicle will not come online and talk about it. Only people with problems come online to discuss them. So does any one know the actual number of vehicles affected by these problems? How many vehicles need to be reported witha specific issue for a recall?

Don't worry about the negativity you see on forums...as you mentioned, that's all people post on forums. If they were big problems, it would be everywhere, and I've seen little to nothing on them.

Don't worry about it, just enjoy your ride.

BTW, welcome to the forum. I like the login name! :)

Don't worry about the negativity you see on forums...as you mentioned, that's all people post on forums. If they were big problems, it would be everywhere, and I've seen little to nothing on them.

I disagree, for the most part. If you see a number of people complaining online about said issue, how many people are out there with this issue but not posting the problem online? Most people I know who have vehicle issues do not go and register online to some forum to post their issues. These type of things online are a loaded question though, as we cannot confirm or deny the severity of the issue simply by looking at forum posts and assuming people online complain online. I visit many forums where the majority of questions are about improving their vehicle performance or appearance, with the minority of posts being about issues experienced.

Me personally if I were you, I'd take it with a grain of salt but would take as a possible warning. This is your money you're dropping on the vehicle, you have the right to review any recall, TSB's or other issues regarding the vehicle before or after the purchase. I know I do the same. But always have to remind yourself that every car will most likely have some recall or quality issue, regardless of make or model.

• Like 1

You don't even own the car yet and you are looking for recalls?? Does your 2010 Fusion suffer from any of the maladies you ask about? No?? Then I think you will be fine...

No I wasnt looking for recalls just curious about what factors initiate a recall like number of vehicles affected etc.

Thanks, Go Cards

I'm pretty sure Cards fans outnumber Braves fans everywhere except Georgia. :)

But hey, I actually like the Braves too. Just not as much as the Cards.

You're forgetting all the years that Braves baseball was available across the country on TBS. I doubt Cards fans outnumber Braves fans outside Missouri and surrounding states.

I also don't dislike the Cardinals (as opposed to the Yankees, Mets, Red Sox and pretty much all American League teams).........

Edited by akirby

You're forgetting all the years that Braves baseball was available across the country on TBS. I doubt Cards fans outnumber Braves fans outside Missouri and surrounding states.

I also don't dislike the Cardinals (as opposed to the Yankees, Mets, Red Sox and pretty much all American League teams).........

But you are forgetting the years that Cardinals baseball was broadcast over the radio across much of the Midwest. Of course, that was before many of today's fans were born. :) It is pretty cool to see the Cardinal red at many of the away games. Strangely, I tried to watch the Braves / Cards game on TBS last week, but was told 'this program is not available in your area', so I had to switch over to Fox Sports Midwest to catch it. Just wanted a different take from the announcers for a change.

I'm also pretty passionate in my hate for the Yankees and Red Sox. I would love to see the Cards/Braves play for the NL championship this year. And then the Cards go on to win the WS.

Edited by fordmantpw