2003 center console organizer

cecoen

Hi everyone,
I was tired of the black hole that is our console and decided to tame it. Used 2 plastic cutting boards and foam board for a template. Also added a pouch for an ipod since my Avic had ipod controls. And a flashlight holder on the lid. That's about it. Well, there is an amp under the console too, but that is a whole other story. Check out the pics.

Notes: I would use nylon next time instead of poly as nylon can be bought or dyed black. I might would rearrange the configuration a little different if I had to do it again. Was very time consuming to make. Surely there is an easier way than cutting up plastic. Vacuum forming, maybe? Molds and pouring plastic?

Anyway, worked out well for what I need and hope the pics give you some good ideas. What do y'all think?

Chad
GRRRR, pics not working right for me today. Here is a link to pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/chadeco...eat=directlink

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

I was tired of the black hole that is our console and decided to tame it. Used 2 plastic cutting boards and foam board for a template. Also added a pouch for an ipod since my Avic had ipod controls. And a flashlight holder on the lid. That's about it. Well, there is an amp under the console too, but that is a whole other story. Check out the pics.

Notes: I would use nylon next time instead of poly as nylon can be bought or dyed black. I might would rearrange the configuration a little different if I had to do it again. Was very time consuming to make. Surely there is an easier way than cutting up plastic. Vacuum forming, maybe? Molds and pouring plastic?

Anyway, worked out well for what I need and hope the pics give you some good ideas. What do y'all think?

Chad

GRRRR, pics not working right for me today. Here is a link to pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/chadeco...eat=directlink

I like the black hole comment, when I bought the truck the saleman actually pitched it to me that it could hold a 12 pack of beer. I like you idea.