2013 Fusion SE Sound system upgrade

2013fusionowner

I hope I'm not restarting a thread and I apologize if I am but I wanted to know if anyone has or is planning to upgrade the sounds system on his/her 2013 ford fusion. I recently purchased one and opted out of getting the Sony package as I don't much care for their products and from doing my research it doesn't look like most people who got it are liking it. That being said, the stock system is not the greatest and I was hoping someone could give me advice on what speakers, sub and amp I should look into to upgrade the sound. I am in the process of waiting for a reply from my dealer to see it that will/ will not void the warranty.

Cheers!

J.

Easiest way to keep your sync and upgrade is to just keep the stock head unit and replace all other speakers. This wont void your warranty. Depending on how much you are looking to spend there is always the usual suspects JL, Rockford, Kicker. All depends on your budget. can be from a few hundred dollars to Thousands. Back when i use to spend tons of money on my systems i usually preferred JL speakers and Rockford Amps. Kicker is another great Sub you can go with also. I would say you can always go to your local car audio shop and test out some things that sound good to you. You can always get the items off the web later.

I've been pleased with the Sony system in my car as well - it could always be better, but it's good enough that I don't want to change anything.

To add to the list, I'd suggest Pioneer or JBL (or any Harman brand really) as more good brands of gear. Like others have mentioned, you'll likely want to leave the stock head unit and change out or add speakers. This will keep compatibility and the standard features/look, while allowing for an upgrade.

Ok in looking for info on this it looks like there is 6.5 in doors and not sure on front tweets. Also another thing to remember is that i believe the '13 fusions have Active Noise Cancelation. Which if from what i am reading is right can cause an issue with the a sub at certian levels.

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/6671-upgrading-speakers-in-the-2013-ffh/

Also if you replace door speakers you might have to look at also getting a amp to power them as the factory amp is tuned to the Sony speakers and not to higher end speakers.

sony system was not available on my SE Hybrid purchase. This unfortunately meant I didn't get the HD radio. does anyone know if its possible to upgrade the radio component to one with HD and keep everything else? I'm happy enough with my speakers, just can tell a major difference when listening to sirus or radio, the sound quality is very flat and muddy compared to music from my iPhone or pandora on my iPhone. I've since let sirus drop, but would like to tune in HD radio stations.

I am in the process of waiting for a reply from my dealer to see it that will/ will not void the warranty.

Cheers!

J.

omgomgomgomgomg.. Tweet everyone you know. Post on your Facebook. There is no such thing as "void the warranty". Magnusson-Moss. You can't do anything that will "void the warranty". That is illegal in the U.S. The only way the warranty can be "voided" is if a particular failure can be proven to have been caused directly either by changes you made to the vehicle or by service done or left undone by an unauthorized person. In those two cases then a single claim can be refused but the whole warranty can't be voided and future warranty claims can't be refused unless they again fall under those two exceptions. Your warranty still covers the radiator problem, the trunk latch problem, the transmission and all the other things no matter what you did to the radio. The warranty even still covers the radio parts that are stock unless they fail directly because of some of the new stuff added on.

So, bottom line, don't ever ever ever again say "void the warranty" and remember, friends don't let friends say "void the warranty".

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for all the advice guys, it really means a lot! and LDB415 I'm in Canada lol but I hear ya! I totally get what your saying on that note here's a question so say I get my speakers upgraded by Best buy or whoever and something goes wrong a few months later, maybe electrically or w/e, will that affect the warranty? I have been trying to do more research online to find what fits in my car but chrisdh79 is right even crutchfield hasn't "researched" my vehicle yet looks like I'll have to do it the old fashioned way. I noticed there are empty cut outs for speakers behind the back seats does anyone know what size speakers they are for?

And again, thanks a tonne!

I didn't see you are in Canada. I'm not sure if you guys have your own version of Magnusson-Moss or not. Here, if you got BB to install better speakers and later had an electrical problem say a power window that quits working that would be warranty unless they could prove that BB stripped a wire or shorted a connection or similar action that caused the problem. If they can prove BB messed something up they can decline warranty. Otherwise it has to be covered.

I don't have the manual in front of me I can get that later, but theres a bolt behind the latch under the black cover pry it off with a small screw driver. Theres two bolts under window switch panel just pry that off also, then theres two screws on the bottom of the door. Then the panel pulls straight off.

• 2 months later...

omgomgomgomgomg.. Tweet everyone you know. Post on your Facebook. There is no such thing as "void the warranty". Magnusson-Moss. You can't do anything that will "void the warranty". That is illegal in the U.S. The only way the warranty can be "voided" is if a particular failure can be proven to have been caused directly either by changes you made to the vehicle or by service done or left undone by an unauthorized person. In those two cases then a single claim can be refused but the whole warranty can't be voided and future warranty claims can't be refused unless they again fall under those two exceptions. Your warranty still covers the radiator problem, the trunk latch problem, the transmission and all the other things no matter what you did to the radio. The warranty even still covers the radio parts that are stock unless they fail directly because of some of the new stuff added on.

So, bottom line, don't ever ever ever again say "void the warranty" and remember, friends don't let friends say "void the warranty".

Yeah! What he said......never say "void the warranty" or let go unchallenged a similar statement from a service advisor.

• 2 weeks later...