Custom Search

Coming Up Next:
Lincoln Aviator

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ford Motor Company June 2013 Sales

up +13%

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   fordmantpw

fordmantpw

akirby's stunt double

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,523 posts
  • Joined 30-January 06
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2017 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 PowerStroke Diesel

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

I think it has been all but publicly confirmed that it will. Even at low volumes, a vehicle that can hit $80K has a ton of profit potential.

Yup, especially when it shares the platform with 2 other vehicles, one being extremely high volume.

photo-thumb-15254.jpg

Future Vehicles
2020 Ford Explorer/Lincoln Aviator

Current Vehicles
'17 F350 Super Duty Crew Cab, Lariat, 4x4, 6.7L Diesel

'10 Mercury Milan

'09 Ford Flex Limited (wife's)

Past Vehicles
'08 F250 Super Duty Crew Cab, Lariat, 4x4, 6.4L Diesel
'05 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 5.4 - sold @53k, not a single problem
'03 Ford Escape XLT
(wife's) Traded at 75k for '09 Flex
'99 Ford F150 XLT Regular Cab 4x4 5.4 - Sold @136k, then totaled by the new owner on the way to its new home :(
'96 Chevrolet Cavalier (wife's - she brought it into the marriage)
'86 Ford Bronco II XLT 4x4 5 Speed 2.9L - what a dog, and it cracked heads like no tomorrow. 150k+ on 4 engines

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   bobbyd

bobbyd

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 393 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11
  • Current Vehicle:taurus

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

Another strong month.  F sales continue to amaze me.  Fiesta with a big month for what ever reason.  They are starting to nip at GMs heels on total sales.  What ever bad press they have been getting sure didnt hurt the sales thats for sure. 

I was puzzled to see the Cruze outselling the Focus by almost 10000 units in June! I then read today's article in Truecar about how Chevrolet dealers were giving $99 a month lease specials on the Cruze through June! It seems they are doing something similar with the Volt...this in turn boosts sales by 50%.

#23 OFFLINE   SoonerLS

SoonerLS

trying to plug a hole in the universe

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln LS, '13 F150 STX

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:11 AM

MKZ looks to be normalizing, which is fine if it continues to hang around 3000 or so. Surprised to be reminded that it had sold so well as recently as June of last year. Suppose the MKZ was never really the real trouble spot for Lincoln though. They need another "volume" model to finally get overall brand sales up. MKZ can only do so much on its own.

IIRC, that was about the time Lincoln started offering really sweet deals on the '12 MKZs, presumably to clear the lots for the expected influx of '13s.

photo-thumb-15254.jpg

So, give it over, take a break
Shut your hole, you're causing my poor heart to ache
To all you saints and sinners, you losers and you winners
Here's to one more day above the roses
-- Gaelic Storm, One More Day Above the Roses

#24 ONLINE   jasonj80

jasonj80

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 2,485 posts
  • Joined 12-December 04

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

So when are the new Expedition and Navigator coming? This is one area that GM consistently wipes the floor against Ford. But note the trend lines: GM sales are down about 20% while Ford sales are flat. Not sure what to make of that...

Tahoe 5,790 -9.9%
Suburban 3,813 -25.8%
Expedition 3,211 -4.5%
Yukon XL 1,824 -22.2%
Yukon 1,797 -21.1%
SEQUOIA 1,145 +8.8%
Armada 1,137 -35.5%

Escalade 1,035 -11.1%
GX 884 +13.6%
Navigator 680 +10.2%
Escalade ESV 667 +1.4%
LX 291 ‐7.3%
LAND CRUISER 259 ‐8.5%
G-CLASS 231 +362.0%

I would say the Navigator and those listed comptes more with the GL not the G, and its sales were up 24.8% (2,419) last month they are close to the same price point. The G starts at about $115,000.

If I was in that market for a SUV I wouldn't even consider a current Navigator, probably be a GL or LX.

SUV's are where the luxury market is going, The new MKC, MKX, and Navigator should do well if they have good designs. - that is what has been missing at Lincoln for a long time.

#25 OFFLINE   Harley Lover

Harley Lover

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • Joined 08-January 03

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

I then read today's article in Truecar about how Chevrolet dealers were giving $99 a month lease specials on the Cruze through June! It seems they are doing something similar with the Volt...this in turn boosts sales by 50%.

Link? 

#26 OFFLINE   grbeck

grbeck

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts
  • Joined 14-July 00

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

So when are the new Expedition and Navigator coming? This is one area that GM consistently wipes the floor against Ford. But note the trend lines: GM sales are down about 20% while Ford sales are flat. Not sure what to make of that...

Tahoe 5,790 -9.9%
Suburban 3,813 -25.8%
Expedition 3,211 -4.5%
Yukon XL 1,824 -22.2%
Yukon 1,797 -21.1%
SEQUOIA 1,145 +8.8%
Armada 1,137 -35.5%

Escalade 1,035 -11.1%
GX 884 +13.6%
Navigator 680 +10.2%
Escalade ESV 667 +1.4%
LX 291 ‐7.3%
LAND CRUISER 259 ‐8.5%
G-CLASS 231 +362.0%

I wonder if buyers are waiting for the new full-size SUVs. From what I've seen, buyers of these GM SUVs are a loyal bunch, so it wouldn't surprise me if they have been following news of the new full-size pickups, and figured that new full-size SUVs are coming soon, too.

Edited by grbeck, 03 July 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#27 OFFLINE   bzcat

bzcat

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

I would say the Navigator and those listed comptes more with the GL not the G, and its sales were up 24.8% (2,419) last month they are close to the same price point. The G starts at about $115,000.

If I was in that market for a SUV I wouldn't even consider a current Navigator, probably be a GL or LX.

SUV's are where the luxury market is going, The new MKC, MKX, and Navigator should do well if they have good designs. - that is what has been missing at Lincoln for a long time.

This is just a list of BOF SUVs. I didn't include GL because it is unibody, the same reason I also didn't include GM's Lambda triplets.

But we can all agree that there is a lot of upside for Expedition and Navigator if Ford is willing to invest a little money in it.

#28 OFFLINE   bzcat

bzcat

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

I wonder if buyers are waiting for the new full-size SUVs. From what I've seen, buyers of these GM SUVs are a loyal bunch, so it wouldn't surprise me if they have been following news of the new full-size pickups, and figured that new full-size SUVs are coming soon, too.

It's a small and declining market but it's still a pretty profitable one - especially if you keep it simple and base it on the pickup truck chassis. Ford used to match GM's sales volume but then Ford made a mistake and assumed big SUV buyers wanted IRS and car like ride. That mistake kept the Expedition and Navigator from getting regular updates with the F-150 and Ford slowly bleed away the market share to GM.

#29 OFFLINE   FordFanForEver

FordFanForEver

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Joined 05-January 08
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:see sig

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

The Taurus had a great month as well!!!

Do we know the number of regular Expy''s and EL Expy's Ford is selling?  Cause a post above has listed Yukon and Yukon XL.

Curent Fords:

2009 Focus SE 4 door 2.0 Duratec I4
82,490 miles

Former Fords

1999 Ranger 2WD R/C 3.0 Vulcan V6
165,650 at the time of the trade in... Was a great truck and served me well.

#30 OFFLINE   papilgee4evaeva

papilgee4evaeva

La Voz de Razón

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,499 posts
  • Joined 07-September 07
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2005 Buick Rainier CXL; 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

Do we know the number of regular Expy''s and EL Expy's Ford is selling?  Cause a post above has listed Yukon and Yukon XL.

GM splits Tahoe and Suburban, so it logically follows that they would split Yukon and Yukon XL.  To my knowledge Expedition has never been split.

CURRENT VEHICLES
2005 Buick Rainier CXL V8, 158K (mine)
2013 Ford Fusion Titanium, 48k (wife's)

PREVIOUS VEHICLES

1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited, 188K (wife's; donated)

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SLE, 126K (the Cruise Missile; started getting gremlins, plus we outgrew it)

1996 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD, 111-160K+ (stupid odometer) (sold to make room for the Bonnie)
1995 Dodge Intrepid (wife's; almost everything that could go wrong did; towed away stealthily)

FUTURE VEHICLES?

Some other sort of three-row family hauler (for us)

6th-gen Ford Mustang GT Coupe? (for me)

#31 OFFLINE   AlRozzi

AlRozzi

Drive Ford

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Joined 13-November 06

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

Good info on days supply for a couple vehicles. They said Fusion was around 40 days, MKZ was at 28, so looks like both could be doing a little better, and hopefully will once Flat Rock goes online.

It has begun. 19 built at FR last week!

#32 OFFLINE   bobbyd

bobbyd

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 393 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

Link? 

In early June, GM said the Cruze had its best May sales month since it was introduced in 2010. Three years later, the vehicle continues to be a top performer for the company even as it has unveiled new models and redesigned others both inside and outside of the Cruze’s segment.

“GM is giving a lot of car for the money,” said Jesse Toprak, an analyst at the automotive information website TrueCar.com.

Strong financing incentives have helped the Cruze over the years, but “it’s not like they’re giving it away. There are some dealerships giving leases for $99 per month, and those sorts of programs help propel sales,” Toprak said.

vindy.com (Youngstown News/July 3rd)

Edited by bobbyd, 03 July 2013 - 02:41 PM.

#33 OFFLINE   aneekr

aneekr

Plain Old Dood

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • Joined 10-January 07
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:none

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

In early June, GM said the Cruze had its best May sales month since it was introduced in 2010. Three years later, the vehicle continues to be a top performer for the company even as it has unveiled new models and redesigned others both inside and outside of the Cruze’s segment.

“GM is giving a lot of car for the money,” said Jesse Toprak, an analyst at the automotive information website TrueCar.com.

Strong financing incentives have helped the Cruze over the years, but “it’s not like they’re giving it away. There are some dealerships giving leases for $99 per month, and those sorts of programs help propel sales,” Toprak said.

vindy.com (Youngstown News/July 3rd)

Thanks bobbyd! Here's the link to the Youngstown News article: http://www.vindy.com...h-record-month/

In addition to sales incentives mentioned in the article, the Cruze's reliability has improved significantly since the car was first introduced in the U.S. market. There's a turbo diesel variant of the Cruze now available in this market, as well.

Ford Motor Company investor since 2000. Cancer survivor since 2014!

#34 OFFLINE   bobbyd

bobbyd

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 393 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

Taurus is never advertised anywhere near as the other Ford Products are, but still does well each month. In June 2013, Taurus (not including the 700 + police units) easily outsold the Buick LaCross, Chrysler 300, Kia Cadenza and the heavily advertised Toyota Avalon! I own a 2013 Taurus...thank you very much!

#35 OFFLINE   bobbyd

bobbyd

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 393 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Thanks bobbyd! Here's the link to the Youngstown News article: http://www.vindy.com...h-record-month/

In addition to sales incentives mentioned in the article, the Cruze's reliability has improved significantly since the car was first introduced in the U.S. market. There's a turbo diesel variant of the Cruze now available in this market, as well.

I figure that those 'June' Cruze $99 /2 Yr leases would cost the new car buyer a total of $5400...including 6% sales tax. You can't find a Focus anywhere near that deal. I guess people are shopping for deals. Its like the Volt cutting prices...they lose money to get the sale !

#36 OFFLINE   jpd80

jpd80

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,114 posts
  • Joined 02-June 04
  • Current Vehicle:Falcon 302 V8

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

Impala was over 17,000 sales, seems like it and Taurus (8,000) decided to come back to life last month

#37 OFFLINE   bzcat

bzcat

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

Impala sales is mostly the outgoing model - fleet dumping... most of it going to rental cars. I would guess the new model sales is around the same level as other large sedans.

#38 OFFLINE   jpd80

jpd80

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,114 posts
  • Joined 02-June 04
  • Current Vehicle:Falcon 302 V8

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:14 AM

Impala sales is mostly the outgoing model - fleet dumping... most of it going to rental cars. I would guess the new model sales is around the same level as other large sedans.

Hmmm,

10,000 extra Cruze sales thanks to super low lease deals

10,000 more Impala sales thanks to fleet sales

GM sales last month = 264,843

Ford combined sales last month = 235,64

Pretty obvious wht's going on here, GM wants to keep a "safe" gap between its sales and that of Ford?

A leopard never changes its spots..

Edited by jpd80, 04 July 2013 - 02:14 AM.

#39 OFFLINE   AlRozzi

AlRozzi

Drive Ford

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Joined 13-November 06

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:06 AM

Hmmm,
10,000 extra Cruze sales thanks to super low lease deals
10,000 more Impala sales thanks to fleet sales

GM sales last month = 264,843
Ford combined sales last month = 235,64

Pretty obvious wht's going on here, GM wants to keep a "safe" gap between its sales and that of Ford?

A leopard never changes its spots..

Exactly!
If there is just one thing I could say about GM and its culture is that it centers around one principle and that is the company MUST be #1 in sales. Whatever it takes.

#40 OFFLINE   bobbyd

bobbyd

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 393 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

My thoughts on Chevy selling off the Impala fleet units and Cruze losing profit margin on giveaway low leases to gain sales... it has to show up when they post their actual profits for the 2nd quarter. Either way, they figure they took away potential Focus buyers by a big margin. So Ford is faced with Chevy cost cutting potential again in July (they did it with Volt in the past) and also our foreign friends from Honda, Toyota, Nissan etc....cutting the Yen to also gain an unfair advantage on Ford. I remember Mullaly's speech on that!!!

I know...I know...no rules here!

(I figured that if Cruze lost a $1000 per sale in June multiplied by 10,000 cars= $10 million lost revenue! ) Not sure, if any, that it hurts the residuals. I am sure it pisses off the guys that bought a Cruze and did NOT get the fire sale!

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·