Sync summer update Gen2 v3.6

47Minutes

Looks like the summer update for Sync will be making its way out soon. Here is a photo posted by Scott Monty, Social Media guru for Ford, after updating his wife's Explorer:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151485142761625&set=pcb.10151485144571625&type=1&theater

When asked whether or not it was available now he replied "it's making its way out. I received mine in the mail today. It's an upgrade and improvement"

Better then the 3.5 upgrade amd tidbit minor upgrades?? :cry:

What were you expecting? None of us who own current MFT products will likely ever see a full re-write of the software. As I mentioned in another thread, to expect such would basically be the same as expecting a cassette player to somehow play a CD.

What were you expecting? None of us who own current MFT products will likely ever see a full re-write of the software. As I mentioned in another thread, to expect such would basically be the same as expecting a cassette player to somehow play a CD.

I think most of us are kind of used to the Apple way of doing things for software updates: fix the bugs and occasionally add new features that work fine on the same hardware you invested in.

I realize our car is not a smart phone but I think we should expect Microsoft/Ford to make the system as bug free and user friendly as possible for the features we took delivery of.

Since the update is a 3.6, rather than 3.5.x, I think we can expect a more major release than before if they follow any sort of rhyme or reason to the numbering.

Edited by deadman64

I would love to see a written document in what they are addressing. I don't think MFT is horrible, took some getting used to just like anything else that new and does things differently.

From my limited use I want one bug fixed. Auto climate; the button on the console. If you don't have it illuminated, it should be OFF. If you press the AC button and it goes from illuminated to dark it should NOT operate. Otherwise why is it there? Currently I have to go to the LCD screen to get the AC to correctly cut off.

And as a software developer by trade, releasing big patches like this regardless of how much you tested brings in its own set of issues.

• Like 3

I think most of us are kind of used to the Apple way of doing things for software updates: fix the bugs and occasionally add new features that work fine on the same hardware you invested in.

I realize our car is not a smart phone but I think we should expect Microsoft/Ford to make the system as bug free and user friendly as possible for the features we took delivery of.

Since the update is a 3.6, rather than 3.5.x, I think we can expect a more major release than before if they follow any sort of rhyme or reason to the numbering.

It will get some tweaks and improvements, but nobody should expect that it'll eventually be as good as an all-new next gen system, that's all. It's like expecting iOS7 to run on an original iPhone.

Syncmyride.com is saying this as of 2:00 pm today. Also can't log in to owner.ford.com

We're getting a tune-up!

Please excuse our downtime, but we're currently working on bringing you a new and improved Owner Support site. Check back soon to start using the new experience.

Maybe that is a good sign?????

I just want it to be able to play albums in track order from USB

I had this problem as well. If you use iTunes use the sync my iTunes application provided by ford to fix the issue. You will need to wait for the syncmyride.com site to come back up though. I think what happens is that if any of the metadata on the card is messed up, it doesn't index properly.

I just want it to be able to play albums in track order from USB

I had the same issue with Pink Flyod - The Wall it kept playing CD1 track 1 >> CD2 track 1 >> CD1 track 2

Track / file named according to the CD side 1-01, 1-02 etc. 2-01, 2-02 etc.

But the key is the actual track number. (# under properties of the file)

I simply changed # for side 2 to from 1 > 201, 2 > 202 and now it's playing all tracks on in the correct order.

Otherwise the suggestion about the iTunes tool from the syncmyride site works for missing tag informations very well.

why does sync my ride home page say "A new MyFord Touch software update is here!", but when I check for updates, it says I am already up to date with 3.5.x from December, 2012 (my cars manufacture date)?

It may not have been released yet for your particular vehicle. It is coming.

Is the site still down? I go there and click "manage your sync account" and all it does is take me to syncmyride.com and basically refresh the page.

It allows me to log in. It does, however, still say that 3.5.1 is the most up-to-date version available for my 2011 Edge. I'll check back in a few weeks.

EDIT: I like the look of the new site compared to the old one!

Edited by NickF1011

Why do people want it to be an iwhatever? I personally don't want my car to behave in any manner like an iwhatever. I am glad they are not on board.

Ditto.

I have both an iPhone and a Galaxy Nexus. One guess which one I use for anything besides e-mail.

Why do people want it to be an iwhatever? I personally don't want my car to behave in any manner like an iwhatever. I am glad they are not on board.

No worries.............Apple is back on the bullet train to the oblivion from whence they came, one would think they learned a lesson about being proprietary nazis but I guess not.

Bummer for them is the odds are low they'll be able to grub another bailout at a cocktail party.

...............................allowing you to access Maps, Messages and other apps without having to take your eyes off the wheel.allowing you to access Maps, Messages and other apps without having to take your eyes off the wheel.............................

Yeah, 'cause I can't any of that now :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

For me this can't come soon enough. Sync is sooooo frustrating for me. I have an Iphone 4S and it generally takes at least 5-10 minutes for Sync to fully recognize the phone. Then invairiably it will lock up and go through a re-boot about once or twice a week. I simply cannot believe that Ford would release a pile of steaming fec#$ that is the current version of Sync. One of the big attractions for me in purchasing this car was the tech but I find myself half of the time getting so frustrated with either the system locking up or simply rebooting that I don't bother trying to play songs off of my phone. I also have a problem with the nav in that it will take a good 5 minutes after start before it will start to navigate. On more than a few occasions after using the navigation it will be fine and then about a half hour into a trip it resets. I understand that a class action suit has been started for disssatisfied Sync users and I am very tempted to join in. It simply is incredible that Ford would release a product that works less than half the time with one of the most popular cell phones around.