FUEL DELIVERY MODULE REPLACEMENT - RECALL

Chris1970

There is a new recall that was just posted to my Fordowner.com account. As far as I know, this affects all 2013 fusions.

recall-alert.png

VIN:

ID: 13S04

Title: FUEL DELIVERY MODULE REPLACEMENT

A recall is an action by the Company to remedy a safety or emissions-related concern related to a vehicle defect or regulatory requirement. It may require that you return your vehicle to the dealer for service. If your vehicle is not affected, it may be because it was built at a different time or using a different part than the affected vehicles.

Had the notification on my owner.ford.com account as well. Maybe this is a fix for the terrible gas mileage on the 2.0L engine? My lifetime average is 20.5 mpg in mixed driving.

Doubt it, checked Ford Owner & I have the recall.................do not have any problems with mpg - about 25.6 avg.

Build date for mine is 9/2012.

Had the notification on my owner.ford.com account as well. Maybe this is a fix for the terrible gas mileage on the 2.0L engine? My lifetime average is 20.5 mpg in mixed driving.

I wish! It does seem to really guzzle it back for a 2.0L engine... I dunno I think they need a few software tweaks, why does the engine *always* run higher than its needed RPM's if the battery isn't > ~90%?

Either way will notify the dealer so they can order the required parts so I don't have to come in twice - cracking noise.

First maintenance? Do you know your FFH's build date by chance?

I got mine delivered in feb after reorder. Build was late dec according to the sticker. I just crossed 5000 miles so going in for tire rotation, 1st oil change. Hoping to get some TSB's done, shifter knob replaced, battery tested(went dead, battery saver messages), plus this recall.

According to my dealer's service department, I need to bring the car in for the them to determine if the repair needs to be done to my car. I did get the recall notice on FordOwner.com This doesn't make sense to me. If my car has what could be a defective fuel delivery module, they should know it and they should just replace it.

Something is definitely not right with my car. In mostly city driving I'm still seeing under 20MPG, at 1500 miles on the odometer. The 3 or 4 Escapes that I have rented with the same engine, the 2.0T, consistently got in the mid-twenties and up.

According to my dealer's service department, I need to bring the car in for the them to determine if the repair needs to be done to my car. I did get the recall notice on FordOwner.com This doesn't make sense to me. If my car has what could be a defective fuel delivery module, they should know it and they should just replace it.

Something is definitely not right with my car. In mostly city driving I'm still seeing under 20MPG, at 1500 miles on the odometer. The 3 or 4 Escapes that I have rented with the same engine, the 2.0T, consistently got in the mid-twenties and up.

I got the same story from my service department. My VIN is in the recall and they said they need the car for about 1.5 hours to drop the fuel tank and do an inspection to determine if they need to order parts.

• Like 1

Same here. I just dropped my car off for them to look at the trunk (tsb for trunk lid not staying open when there is a spoiler) and for my gps losing it's signal (tsb for that as well). They said they would inspect the tank and then determine if anything needs to be replaced, in which they would need to order the parts.

Here's the thing I'm curious about. If they inspect it, and find no need to replace now, do they close out the recall notice for my VIN? What happens if in a few years it develops the leak, and I'm out of warranty? Seems like if they should just replace it regardless. Maybe have those who are having leaks have a higher priority, but then those who don't have a leak yet will just wait a little longer to ease the supply chain. Just my thoughts, not sure how something like this is typically handled.

• Like 1

Chris - I hope, and believe, you are correct about the break-in mileage.

On the Fuel Module, what I think is going on is this: If you call the dealer they will set an appointment to inspect your car. If you have a leak, they will replace the part. If you don't have a leak, you go into the cue. We will get recall notices in the mail in July and the parts will not be widely available until September.

In the meantime, stay alert for the smell of fuel and watch for fuel on your garage floor.

Sure hope this isn't a replay of the Pinto.

Breakin mileage for these cars is near 3,000 to 3,500, don't worry about it till then. Mine did the same thing and has greatly increased.

I've got almost 7k miles on mine and am still getting the same 20-22mpg average across tanks. I've only seen that type of mileage except on one highway only trip where I got 29mpg.