The Seinfeld Thread-A rambling, non-strict topic thread free-for-all

So your basically attacking heavy minority areas but calling them "Liberals". Like i didn't see that here before.

But lets widen our scope a little bit.

LOL, You got proven wrong so you change the scope of the argument from high school to college and but this that but that blah blah blah.

Here's reality. The biggest dropout per capita from high schools is in big metro liberal areas. That's just reality. I couldn't care less if they're black, white, green or lavender. That's where the biggest number of dropouts is. Too bad if you can't accept it because it offends your delicately thin liberal skin.

All religions are hoaxes. How can people living in the modern world still believe the primative stories made up by ignorant tribesmen thousands of years ago?

That's what you call your aboriginal cultures, and how they maintain their traditions. It's spiritual dude, just check your Trimsense. :)

That's what you call your aboriginal cultures, and how they maintain their traditions. It's spiritual dude, just check your Trimsense. :)

We have religions. They are false, also. If people want to believe in religion, why not American born religion? Why do they bring African religion over here? We have Aboriginal religion which is no more nonsensical than African-based Christianity. Let the Africans and brain-wasted Europeans have Christianity. If it becomes popular enough, it will form the government and bring back torture and executions for non-believers like Islam is now, only worse.

Atheism is far more common in Europe than in North America.

True enough. Much of what is now the modern atheist movement in Europe was in fact born out of the French Revolution. During that time the French rejected organized religion. Millions were slaughtered in the name of getting rid of religion. The French even adopted an entirely different calendar for a brief period. The slaughter was almost nonstop for years. Secret police turned in neighbors who were suspected of not being down for the cause. Heads were cut on a daily basis. All in the name of atheism. So there you have it Trim, your precious atheist views are not free of violence and bloodshed either.

True enough. Much of what is now the modern atheist movement in Europe was in fact born out of the French Revolution. During that time the French rejected organized religion. Millions were slaughtered in the name of getting rid of religion. The French even adopted an entirely different calendar for a brief period. The slaughter was almost nonstop for years. Secret police turned in neighbors who were suspected of not being down for the cause. Heads were cut on a daily basis. All in the name of atheism. So there you have it Trim, your precious atheist views are not free of violence and bloodshed either.

Your characterization of the French Revolution as an act of "athesim run amok" is pretty comical. Was the revolution anti-Catholic? Absolutely. Was it anti-religion? Hardly. Many of the leading revolutionaries were Protestants fed up with the Catholic Church's grip on political power. Don't try to re-write it as some sort of war against religion. It was a war against those with a monopoly on political power at the time, which happened to be Catholics.

Going to mention Hitler next?

Edited by NickF1011
  • Like 1

LOL, You got proven wrong so you change the scope of the argument from high school to college and but this that but that blah blah blah.

Here's reality. The biggest dropout per capita from high schools is in big metro liberal areas. That's just reality. I couldn't care less if they're black, white, green or lavender. That's where the biggest number of dropouts is. Too bad if you can't accept it because it offends your delicately thin liberal skin.

I backed up my claim and more. I said Romney won a lot of the lowest grad rate states and he did.

I backed up my claim and more. I said Romney won a lot of the lowest grad rate states and he did.

It's a true statement, but it may not be a relevant one. Is there any relevant correlation? Is there any evidence to suggest that the non-grads specifically supported Romney in higher numbers or is it just that where there happen to be more non-grads that there is a higher density of completely unrelated voters with principles that more closely aligned to Romney's positions?

Edited by NickF1011

Your characterization of the French Revolution as an act of "athesim run amok" is pretty comical. Was the revolution anti-Catholic? Absolutely. Was it anti-religion? Hardly. Many of the leading revolutionaries were Protestants fed up with the Catholic Church's grip on political power. Don't try to re-write it as some sort of war against religion. It was a war against those with a monopoly on political power at the time, which happened to be Catholics.

Going to mention Hitler next?

Sure we could do the whole Hitler thing. But why stop there, lets move right on the modern Communist movement in the world that is both athiest and respsonbile for the death of somewhere between 85 and 100 million people.

I'm not trying to defend religion here. I'm just saying don't pretend to hold up athiests and athiesm as some benevolent non-violent movement that has never shed any blood or caused violence of their own. There's plenty of blood on the hands of both sides of the spectrum here. Neither side can claim to be better than the other.

Sure we could do the whole Hitler thing. But why stop there, lets move right on the modern Communist movement in the world that is both athiest and respsonbile for the death of somewhere between 85 and 100 million people.

I'm not trying to defend religion here. I'm just saying don't pretend to hold up athiests and athiesm as some benevolent non-violent movement that has never shed any blood or caused violence of their own. There's plenty of blood on the hands of both sides of the spectrum here. Neither side can claim to be better than the other.

Atheists can be violent people just like anyone else. Said violence is rarely, however, unlike religion, done purely in the name of it. There is no atheist doctrine, so how can one fight in the name of said doctrine?

As for the whole communism thing...atheism can be a symptom of it, but it's not the cause.

Edited by NickF1011

Atheists can be violent people just like anyone else. Said violence is rarely, however, unlike religion, done purely in the name of it. There is no atheist doctrine, so how can one fight in the name of said doctrine?

As for the whole communism thing...atheism can be a symptom of it, but it's not the cause.

Sure you do, a doctrine of "no god"

Athiesm is its own doctrine even if you want to pretend that its not. Trying to cloak it some nonsense about "but its the absence of belief" is a pure BS. It is the belief in absence and the communists did a fine job of fighting and killing in the name of that belief system. Thiests believe in a God. Athiests believe in no God. Both have a belief, like it or not.

Athiests believe in no God.

Atheism is a belief there is no "god".

Not believing in a god is not the same as saying there is no god. If you can't grasp this, then you're not grasping what atheism actually is.

I do not believe in unicorns either, but there's certainly a possibility that somewhere, somehow one exists, in spite of all known evidence to the contrary.

Done trying to explain this.

Not believing in a god is not the same as saying there is no god. If you can't grasp this, then you're not grasping what atheism actually is.

I do not believe in unicorns either, but there's certainly a possibility that somewhere, somehow one exists, in spite of all known evidence to the contrary.

Stop dancing.......

Perhaps you should study your own "belief" system.

from Merriam-Webster:

athe·ist noun \ˈā-thē-ist\

Definition of ATHEIST
: one who believes that there is no deity
athe·is·tic or athe·is·ti·cal adjective
athe·is·ti·cal·ly adverb

I believe I was correct when I said Athiesm is the belief there is no "god" (read:deity)

Which is a belief....because you COULD be wrong.

Believing there is no god is indistinguishable from not believing in god.

As I said, Atheists may be wrong. Agnostics are more likely to not believe in a "faith" but hold open the possibility there is a deity or god.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany

Even if you choose to make no choice at all, you still have made a choice.

Athiesm is its own doctrine and its own belief system even if you don't want to accept that fact. Too bad if you don't like it, that's the way it is.

Perhaps you mean to say, such as I do about UFOs.

They may exist, but I am not satisfied with the evidence presented to date. primarily because I understand how little I know in a Universe too vast to grasp in fullness.

When I see one, I can say I suspected they were possible, but had not been convinced either way.

Otherwise, you have to resort to Solipsism.