MFT Climate control stuck on hot

PhantomTech

Had the car less than a week and was on my way home today and the climate control started putting out just hot air. Set both controls to LO and cool are was coming out but not real cold. When set to 60 it was putting out hot air. Luckily it was a cool rainy Oregon day and I really didn't need air conditioning. Got home and started taking temperatures with an infrared thermometer, inside the car was 85 and climate control at 60 and was putting out 104 degree air. I thought maybe I would try to reset MFT but remembered hearing people saying all settings would be lost. Didn't really want to do that but only had the car 6 days so didn't have too much programmed in. I then remembered a post about a reset file put on a USB drive to force a reboot next time the car starts.

The reset procedure was posted on the Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum on how to reset MFT without losing your presets.

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/6474-how-to-reset-myford-touch-wout-losing-your-presets/

Thought I would give it a try since I really didn't want to take the car in for service. The issue was resolved after a reboot and It's now pumping out nice an cold air again.

A USB drive will now live in the car so I can reboot it just in case it's needed again.

Had the car less than a week and was on my way home today and the climate control started putting out just hot air. Set both controls to LO and cool are was coming out but not real cold. When set to 60 it was putting out hot air. Luckily it was a cool rainy Oregon day and I really didn't need air conditioning. Got home and started taking temperatures with an infrared thermometer, inside the car was 85 and climate control at 60 and was putting out 104 degree air. I thought maybe I would try to reset MFT but remembered hearing people saying all settings would be lost. Didn't really want to do that but only had the car 6 days so didn't have too much programmed in. I then remembered a post about a reset file put on a USB drive to force a reboot next time the car starts.

The reset procedure was posted on the Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum on how to reset MFT without losing your presets.

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/6474-how-to-reset-myford-touch-wout-losing-your-presets/

Thought I would give it a try since I really didn't want to take the car in for service. The issue was resolved after a reboot and It's now pumping out nice an cold air again.

A USB drive will now live in the car so I can reboot it just in case it's needed again.

Would this work with MLT?