What are the must have accessories, where did you get them and what mods did you do?

taylorjd

\

How much? In Texas I'm debating the value of $75 (every year) for a custom plate.

It is $50, but I think other fees are added to make it like $70 per year, every year. Right now, you can also get (for Free) an HOV permit with the Enegri (Plug-In) to ride the HOV lanes...free.

IMG_4815.JPG

\

How much? In Texas I'm debating the value of $75 (every year) for a custom plate.

Shaggy, the background only plates (you don't choose the custom lettering) are $55 annually plus the normal vehicle registration fees each year. If you buy for multiple years (5 or 10) the annual average comes down quite a bit but it means more out of pocket from the get go.

The custom series, like mine, where you choose the background AND custom lettering of either ## ABC or ABC ## is $85/year. 6 letter customs are $195/year and they only special auction 7 letter customs.

http://www.myplates.com is who does a lot of custom plates for TX. Some are still handled by TXDot. My Plates is also on Facebook. I entered a contest a couple weeks ago and got a discount code valued for $55 which I am not going to use. It covers the 1st year of a background only plate or can be applied to a more expensive option. It expires on 6/5. If you or anyone is interested, PM and I'll gladly give you the code. Unfortunately, they wouldn't let me apply it to my purchase from a few weeks earlier.

My latest buy for my Ford Fusion is a new pressure washer. I have been buying these cheap electric ones, but it seems I am replacing them almost yearly due to leaks or it failing. Plus they are under powered for the Foaming Lance I got. I have gotten the gas ones before,but starting them can be a real pain (wife refuses to use them). I finally found an Electric Start gas one (seem appropriate for my Energi Plug-in). I hope it gives me the best of both worlds. Let the washing begin.

How about an invisible bra? I installed the bumper kit and the hood kit on My HITi.

lots of work and frustration but it turned out O.K.

http://www.invisiblemask.com/cgi-bin/products_ip/browser.cgi?prevtype=Automobiles+and+light+trucks&prevyear=2013&prevmake=FORD&prevmodel=FUSION&prevsubmodel=&prevseries=&type=Automobiles+and+light+trucks&year=2013&make=FORD&model=FUSION&submodel=TITANIUM

post-48286-0-51434700-1369257561_thumb.jpg

post-48286-0-88722300-1369257570_thumb.jpg

Edited by chuckokie36

I'm not a fan of the clear bra "kits" due to the inevitable lines and the edges of seams being unprotected. I found a shop in Dallas that does them from full sheets of the material custom cut to each car and they wrap the edge into the seams. They even do full cars. Too expensive for my wallet though.

Ordered the weather tech digital fit after seeing taylorjd's pic above and bored with vacuuming all the time. I ordered Tuesday night and got them today, nice shipping speed! They look great. Wish there was some way to cover the area between the seat and feet, but have seen nothing viable yet.

• Like 1

I'm Not Worried About Putting My Feet There. Carpet Can Still Get dirty Without Setting Feet Down Especially In winter Or Spill A Soda, Etc. It's Also Easier To Clean A Mat Than To Vacuum. If It Was Feasible, Weather Tech Would Have Every Inch Covered (The Back Row Is Proof)

Sorry For The Stupid Capitalization. My Phone Is Doing It Automatically AndIt's A Pain To Undo

Guest RRF985

My friend has done some Opti-Coat. It really works well. It is quite a process for application though but if you put in all the prep work time it seems to be well worth the reward. I'd love to do it but don't have a garage. As with everything, it's not permanent forever. You still have to reapply eventually.

Edited by RRF985

FYI: Saw this posted on a similar thread (what did you do to your fusion today) from "hodgewdm" and thought it was good info:

"Can you tell me if you installed the Sharkfin Antenna yourself or did a shop do it?"

"I did it myself. Took about 10 minutes. Used some Dawn dish soap to clean the area real good. Then wiped with alcohol pad. Let it dry. Hooked up the antenna. Lined it up front to back and put masking tape at front and back. Then got lucky and set it "straight the first time and marked it with tape left to right. Then took a deep breath and pulled the tape and pressed the front down first. Held it for a couple of minutes, then double checked the alignment and then stuck the back down. Held that for a couple of minutes as well. Then detailed the paint and the fin with my maguirs detail spray. I love it. Only noticeable antenna loss is far away stations. My hometown is about 60 miles from here. With the stock antenna I picked it up no problem, with the fin it is a little fuzzy. Oh well. I mainly listen to local stations and my USB thumdrive! I love the look!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Like 1

Looking for a place to put your phone or Nav?

My phone has a cradle for it and I found a spot that allows for me to see it (and hear it) easily and still protects it from the sun. I mounted (suction mount) it on the small door window. I needed to use a coiled type of a power cord to allow the door to open. I ran the cord under and behind the dash paneling to an added power plug (3 plugs w 1 USB) under the middle console.

attachicon.gifPhonePlacement.jpg

Did you have to remove any of the dash paneling to run the cord. Also was this a regular cord or extra long to be able to run it that far?? Is that a Bionic?? Thats what I have!!