2014 Transit Connect Order Guide

Thanks for sharing this. It looks like my decision will come down to XLT Wagon LWB vs. Titanium Wagon depending on if I decide I want the rear cargo doors or rear liftgate. I have to say that Ford seems to have done a nice job with making the options individually configurable instead of overly package groupedthe XLT Wagon only misses the chrome grille trim and dual-zone climate control from the Titanium.

Thanks for sharing this. It looks like my decision will come down to XLT Wagon LWB vs. Titanium Wagon depending on if I decide I want the rear cargo doors or rear liftgate. I have to say that Ford seems to have done a nice job with making the options individually configurable instead of overly package groupedthe XLT Wagon only misses the chrome grille trim and dual-zone climate control from the Titanium.

While it may benefit customers to see all these individual options available for order, it makes it much, much more difficult for Dealers trying to order the right mix of models and features/options. The all-new 2014 Transit Connect has 15 different body codes just to start with!

• 1 month later...

Notice to dealers posted this morning via the FMCDealer.com portal...

1.6L EcoBoost Engine Availability Change

In order to optimize the 2014 Transit Connect Powertrain lineup, the optional 1.6L EcoBoost Engine (option 99X) is no longer available for the Long Wheelbase wagons (body codes S9E, E9E, S9F, E9F, and E9G). The optional engine will continue to be available on the remaining Transit Connect variants (all vans and short wheelbase wagons).

Adding 99X to a CONCEPS order in conjunction with body codes S9E, E9E, S9F or E9G will result in an error message stating "Engine no longer available on long wheelbase wagons". The order guide is in the process of being updated with this option change.

Options and Trims with Late availability

Production for 2014 Transit Connects with any of the following options is currently scheduled to start in February 2014:

• Charcoal Black Cloth Seats for XL Wagons (Trim 6B in conjunction with body codes S9E or E9E)

• CNG/LPG Gaseous Engine Prep Package (option 98G)

• Medium Stone Cloth for XLT Vans (Trim 7L in conjunction with body codes S6F, S7F, E6F or E7F)

• Taxi Package (option 86T)

• Upfitter Wiring Harness (86G)

Due to their late availability, adding any of the above options to the CONCEPS order will result in a hold message.

I was having some concerns about the fuel economy of the 1.6 EB in general, so that takes that option away. I'm a little skeptical on the power characteristics of the 2.5 to appeal to consumers.

As much as Ford pushes EcoBoost as the sweeping mpg success to US drivers, specifically excluding the option from the top-of-the-line Titanium seems suspect.

I'm a little skeptical on the power characteristics of the 2.5 to appeal to consumers.

Don't be. The 2.5L is a very capable engine and the 1.6L EcoBoost fuel economy benefit is not that large.

Test drive a Fusion with a 1.6L EcoBoost and a 2.5L engine. It will give you a good idea of how they will perform in a Transit Conect.

• 2 months later...