2014 Fusion & Fusion Energi Order Guides

ice-capades

2014 FUSION SE HYBRID SERIES

EQUIPMENT GROUP

In the Luxury Package items

LED Rear Combination Lamps Ford High (Full Circle)

This is very 1st literature I have seen from Ford mentioning the full circle LED tail lamps.

I am curious why this LED Rear Combination Lamps Ford High (Full Circle) is not mentioned in the Titanium Series standard equipment items?

Now that the high series (full circle) LED tail lamps are mentioned exclusively in the SE Hybrid Luxury package, and not in any Titanium series, does it mean that the Titanium series

no longer has the high series (full circle) LED tail lamps?

I highly doubt it. What sense would it make to take away a feature on a top trim level that is currently offered for this MY (model year) vehicle? Adding the top trim taillights on a luxury trim option for SE Fusions makes sense.

And Single Exhaust for HyTi models.

Edited by HenryVIII

• 2 weeks later...

2014 Fusion commodity and constraints information for scheduling on Thursday, July 18th.

On July 18 – Scheduling Unscheduled Allocation in Week 29 at the Hermosillo Plant and Week 33

at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant

Good News! To assist with the demand for the new 2014 Fusion, production has been added at an

additional plant - Flat Rock Assembly Plant (“FRAP”). Startup scheduling at FRAP will begin this week

(7/18) for Fusion with Week 33 allocation.

Any Fusion Allocation in Week 29 will be built at Hermosillo where all configurations will continue to be

produced including the S and SE FWD.

Note: Only 2 Fusion configurations are being built at FRAP. They are the S Series (P0G) & the FWD SE (P0H)

with a 1.5L Engine.

By Thursday, August 15 scheduling, system fill at FRAP should be completed and Fusion allocation will no

longer require two separate scheduling plans by allocation week. We apologize for any confusion this

system fill scheduling plan at FRAP may cause.

Scheduling Restrictions for Week 33 at FRAP during System Fill:

• Only stock orders are eligible to schedule until the OKTB is achieved.

• During this start up scheduling period at FRAP, Dealers in Select Zones V, W, X, Y & Z will not

schedule any of their Week 33, 34, 35 allocation at FRAP. This allocation will be eligible to begin

scheduling after system fill is completed.

• Dealers in Region 70, 71, 72 and 74 will not participate in system fill scheduling at Flat Rock

Assembly Plant.

Paint Not Buildable at FRAP:

• BT - Darkside

• D7 - Sunset

Options Not Buildable at FRAP:

• 18C – Active Park Assist with Forward Sensing System

• 47B – Start-Stop

• 52A – Heated Steering Wheel

• 53B – Adaptive Cruise Control with Forward Collision Warning with Brake Support

• 62A – Intelligent Access w/Push Button Start

• 64B – 18” Premium Painted Luxury Wheel

• 67B – Rear Inflatable Seat Belts

• 90A – SE Luxury Driver Assist Package

• 96B – Trunk Cargo Net

Retail Scheduling

Until the okay to buy has been achieved, retail orders will not be selected for scheduling.

Order Guide Updates

Intelligent Access with Push Button Start (62A) is now available with Job #1 production. An

important note is that the option INCLUDES remote start. The order guide is being updated to

make this clear. Please advise the dealers that the option includes the remote start feature.

Power Code Remote Start System (55S) is also now available with Job #1 production, including

with the new 1.5L engine.

The Wireless Charging Accessory (77C) is no longer available. Fusion orders with this option

will not be selected for scheduling. Please remove this option from existing orders.

The Front Heated and Cooled Front Seats (46B) and Medium Soft Ceramic on Titanium are

both late availability. They will begin scheduling in mid-October (November Production).

• Like 4

Very interesting to see the breakdown on what's going to be produced at FRAP as needed. Also cool to know that the cooled seats "late availability" option means November production and possibly December delivery if ordered now.

Too bad we already have a 2013 or we'd buy a 2014 SE with push button start and possibly with cooled seats too! Or perhaps a Titanium, that would be the hardest part of the decision.

I also hope the hybrid sales pick up with the announcement today about improved fuel economy. I'd love to see the hybrid compose 50% of Fusion sales or more. I don't understand why more people don't buy the hybrid.

Edited by hybridbear

Per this week's Commodity and Constraints Letter...

On July 25 – Scheduling Unscheduled Allocation in Week 30 at the Hermosillo Plant and Week 34

at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant

Retail Scheduling

The okay to buy has been achieved at Hermosillo Plant excluding orders with the 1.5L engine.

Retail orders without the 1.5L engine will be selected for scheduling on 7/25.

Good News! To assist with the demand for the new 2014 Fusion, production has been added at an

additional plant - Flat Rock Assembly Plant (“FRAP”). Startup scheduling at FRAP will continue this week

(7/25) for Fusion with Week 34 allocation.

Any Fusion Allocation in Week 30 will be built at Hermosillo where all configurations will continue to be

produced including the S and SE FWD.

Note:

Only 2 Fusion configurations are being built at FRAP. They are the S Series (P0G) & the FWD SE (P0H)

with a 1.5L Engine.

By Thursday, August 15 scheduling, system fill at FRAP should be completed and Fusion allocation will no

longer require two separate scheduling plans by allocation week. We apologize for any confusion this

system fill scheduling plan at FRAP may cause.

Scheduling Restrictions for Week 34 at FRAP during System Fill:

• Only stock orders are eligible to schedule until the OKTB is achieved.

• During this start up scheduling period at FRAP, Dealers in Select Zones V, W, X, Y & Z will not

schedule any of their Week 33, 34, 35 allocation at FRAP. This allocation will be eligible to begin

scheduling after system fill is completed.

• Dealers in Region 70, 71, 72 and 74 will not participate in system fill scheduling at Flat Rock

Assembly Plant.

Paint Not Buildable at FRAP:

• BT - Darkside

• D7 - Sunset

Options Not Buildable at FRAP:

• 18C – Active Park Assist with Forward Sensing System

• 47B – Start-Stop

• 52A – Heated Steering Wheel

• 53B – Adaptive Cruise Control with Forward Collision Warning with Brake Support

• 62A – Intelligent Access w/Push Button Start

• 64B – 18” Premium Painted Luxury Wheel

• 67B – Rear Inflatable Seat Belts

• 90A – SE Luxury Driver Assist Package

• 96B – Trunk Cargo Net

• Like 2

FYI... Getting 2014 Fusions scheduled has been anything but easy so far. I have about 40 orders in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) including every model and every powertrain. Last week I had allocation for 5 units and only one vehicle was scheduled... a 2014 Fusion S for Flat Rock production. The 4 unscheduled orders from last week were added to this week's allocation giving me 9 Fusions to be scheduled this week. As of this morning's "AM Scheduling Preview Report" only 2 units are flagged for scheduling tomorrow morning. Included in the "AM Preview" report is a list of units not selected for scheduling with the reasons why. For every order not selected for scheduling tomorrow morning, the reason listed is "No Dealer Allocation"!

Ford generates SIMS (Smart Inventory Management System) suggested orders each week but not even those orders are flagged for scheduling this week. I've tried repeatedly to contact the Field Scheduling Agent in Dearborn but haven't been able to get anything other than voice mail today.

Just wanted to share this week's experience with the BON Forum members here to share the frustration involved in getting vehicles scheduled at times!

• Like 3

FYI... Getting 2014 Fusions scheduled has been anything but easy so far. I have about 40 orders in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) including every model and every powertrain. Last week I had allocation for 5 units and only one vehicle was scheduled... a 2014 Fusion S for Flat Rock production. The 4 unscheduled orders from last week were added to this week's allocation giving me 9 Fusions to be scheduled this week. As of this morning's "AM Scheduling Preview Report" only 2 units are flagged for scheduling tomorrow morning. Included in the "AM Preview" report is a list of units not selected for scheduling with the reasons why. For every order not selected for scheduling tomorrow morning, the reason listed is "No Dealer Allocation"!

Ford generates SIMS (Smart Inventory Management System) suggested orders each week but not even those orders are flagged for scheduling this week. I've tried repeatedly to contact the Field Scheduling Agent in Dearborn but haven't been able to get anything other than voice mail today.

Just wanted to share this week's experience with the BON Forum members here to share the frustration involved in getting vehicles scheduled at times!

I'm curious ... at TOMORROW morning's Review meeting, which exec ought to have an orange-or-red folder for this situation?

We had allocation for 5 2014 Fusions last week and only 1 was scheduled. The unscheduled allocation from last week rolled over to this week giving me allocation for 9 vehicles to be scheduled this week. FYI... I have about 40 Fusions in the order bank with every powertrain and package combination. The scheduling result was that only 2 Fusions were scheduled yesterday morning. I called the "Field Scheduler" on Wednesday which was of no help and saw our Ford Zone Manager yesterday morning and he's clueless. On the plus side, at least one of the two 2014 Fusion orders scheduled yesterday was a retail order for a 1.6L/Manual Transmission that was placed for a customer earlier this week.

I am at the dealer today to get 13B07 software update for my FFH, as I pulled in I saw a 2014 Fusion in "Dark Side" that has just arrived - snapped a few pics for anyone who might be interested in that color. Since it just came off the truck it's still dirty, but I got a couple pics in the sunlight so that dark-greenish metallic hopefully shows up as it can be seen in person.

DarkSide2_zps5ec8333e.jpg

DarkSide3_zps8287a359.jpg

DarkSide4_zps43fc3838.jpg

DarkSide5_zpsdc2e0919.jpg

DarkSide1_zpsbb92dbae.jpg

• Like 1

I am at the dealer today to get 13B07 software update for my FFH, as I pulled in I saw a 2014 Fusion in "Dark Side" that has just arrived - snapped a few pics for anyone who might be interested in that color. Since it just came off the truck it's still dirty, but I got a couple pics in the sunlight so that dark-greenish metallic hopefully shows up as it can be seen in person.

DarkSide2_zps5ec8333e.jpg

The Fusion comes with spinners now?