testing for flat rock

Anyone hear anything about referrals getting called?

I'm a referral who took the test and passed in the Fall of last year and I haven't heard anything yet except that I passed the test and was supposedly "higher up on the list". Not trying to be a broken record here or anything, I genuinely appreciate all the information/feedback that I've received.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Now that production has resumed at FRAP, is there any news on when FRAP HR will be contacting referrals about drug tests and/or physicals?

Like several who have posted here, my family member was contacted a while back that Proficiency Test results were good, but has heard nothing since.

Just wanting to ensure my referral's name hasn't fallen off the table.

Any info on timing of new shift will also be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by 2B Home
  • Like 1

Does anyone truly know if all the hiring is is complete for flat rock plant or will they be calling in more people for training. As I have read and seen news article that said "the training facility only can train 50 people for 8 hours". So with each trainee needing at least 1 full week of training I was wondering are they be calling in referrals or people who passed the test through out the month of August

Everyone is not yet on the floor training. 75 people are going through orientation this week and will hit the floor Monday. 150 part timers will come the following Monday. There have been over 100 new workers who have quit or were fired so far. No further testing has been announced, but it still could happen if a lot more of the new hires don't last. B shift is not yet fully staffed and is scheduled to start Sep 3.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update for my referral; He was called on August 13th. Was sent some paper work for his physical, which had to be done at the specified location by August 15th. He reported to the plant on August 19th. So far he is liking it well enough. Remember its called a job and work and not a party! He is current on 1st shift, but I suspect that is just for the "training" and will be moved to 2nd/B shift. He has a college drgree in Criminal Justice but does not want to be a LEO. I guess that makes him a "loser" in some posters opinion since this is the best offer he had in some time other than permanent part time work installing office furniture. Hopefully the economy and the auto business specificallywill improve over time and the wages and benefits will return!

• 2 weeks later...
Update for my referral; He was called on August 13th. Was sent some paper work for his physical, which had to be done at the specified location by August 15th. He reported to the plant on August 19th. So far he is liking it well enough. Remember its called a job and work and not a party! He is current on 1st shift, but I suspect that is just for the "training" and will be moved to 2nd/B shift. He has a college drgree in Criminal Justice but does not want to be a LEO. I guess that makes him a "loser" in some posters opinion since this is the best offer he had in some time other than permanent part time work installing office furniture. Hopefully the economy and the auto business specificallywill improve over time and the wages and benefits will return!

There is nothing wrong with being a LEO lot's fam in the biz.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with nothing wrong with being an LEO but he has decided that that is not what he wants to do/be. His uncle is a retired LEO from NJ. Uncle just was certified/recertified to be an LEO in Florida. Apparently retirement is A) costly and B) boring for my B-I-L!

Update on my referral...He was told today that he and several other Long Term Supplemental Employees will be Laid-Off indefinitely.

He said he was training his replacement late last week/earlier this week!

I advised him to not burn bridges, etc. and perhaps there will be a chance to get called back.

• 2 months later...

Most of that hiring is going to be for salary and for asia. There is a stamping plant in ohio closing this summer. Those folks will get first dibs on any openings. If the economy slows at all and they pull a shift at I.e flat rock or MAP, then all of the sudden there are hundreds of surplus employees. ...... no need to hire. I think the only place that may need people is kansas city assembly. I think all these rumors of hiring sprees and needing thousands of people are put out to boost stock prices and boost company reputation.

• Like 1

Most of that hiring is going to be for salary and for asia. There is a stamping plant in ohio closing this summer. Those folks will get first dibs on any openings. If the economy slows at all and they pull a shift at I.e flat rock or MAP, then all of the sudden there are hundreds of surplus employees. ...... no need to hire. I think the only place that may need people is kansas city assembly. I think all these rumors of hiring sprees and needing thousands of people are put out to boost stock prices and boost company reputation.

There are 8 new lines almost ready at the Sterling Axle Plant. They are obviously going to need people for these lines. I was put on a list to take the test back in July so why would they ask for a referral if they don't plan on hiring?

Mikem201.

This is the worst place to try to gather useful, accurate information. If you like rumors and listening to bedroom experts who think they have all of the answers this is a great place. Sometimes you will actually find a crumb of accurate information.

If you are a tradesman looking for work go here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ford-Skilled-Trades-Careers/505287012869770

Good luck my friend.

Mikem201.

This is the worst place to try to gather useful, accurate information. If you like rumors and listening to bedroom experts who think they have all of the answers this is a great place. Sometimes you will actually find a crumb of accurate information.

If you are a tradesman looking for work go here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ford-Skilled-Trades-Careers/505287012869770

Good luck my friend.

I appreciate your honesty. Its just that my friend who works at the plant put my name and 2 numbers on a list back in July. I just have no clue when they might call. Some say after first of the year others say March. Its just frustrating is all.