testing for flat rock

does anyone know when testing will resume for flat rock. i was told by a recording secretary from one of the locals that I was on the list for testing back in early february but havent recieved a call yet. i read on this forum that they already did some testing and were supposed to do more testing this month. any other information would also be very appreciated.

thanks

No one has been hired yet from any of the test groups. They were given the test, but not called back for drug screening yet. The testing was put on a 6 week hiatus because we were 6 weeks behind on the Fusion launch. (No stamping dies available) We are back on track and the calls resumed last Thursday, telling our referrals the next test is on Sat. April 20th. There will be mass testing in the next month, as they need to get those possible new hires ready to come into the plant. We run the first Fusion through trim and final on Wednesday, and then we will train on it. We got some workers (seniority and 2012 hires) in last week from Woodhaven, Rawsonville and a few other places to replace our workers who are transferring departments soon. Only about a third of the testing is done yet. (500 done--1,000 to be done yet...approx.) Labor says they will probably have all referrals tested, as there will be attrition due to people not passing drug tests and other new workers finding out that assembly line work isn't for them. We still don't know how many people will be hired off the street. The old thinking was 300 transfers and 1,000 new hires, but I was told by a local 3000 board member at the recent bowling tournament that he didn't agree with the local's statement of no ACH workers getting hired when it contradicted the contract's language. The hire ups have since changed their views on that and do not want to give a number on transfers vs. new hires, because they don't want to be wrong. After all the ACH workers are asked and then they find out how many can come, then we will have a number to go by. It might be 50/50. That would still be 650 new hires, plus more to replace the ones who quit early on. So g2marley, expect a call soon and good luck!

I thought orginally they were announcing 1400 would be new hires off the street. News stated they already hired 175 folks so that would be only 225 more needed. I know you can't always believe what you hear. ..however the number seems really low. There must be a lot of folks laid off from other Ford facilities. ..

Ford.... IUAW.... a sham?

Reality....is something that cuts like a hot knife through butter if... people believe in giants (Ford) and do gooders that always say they are looking out for the masses (IUAW).

Why would the IUAW agree to using Long Term Supplemental employee`s if... they were telling the truth about wanting to get to the 20% cut off for our tier 2 members?

Why would the IUAW allow 100% tier 2 at certain facilities and then allow those numbers to be exempt from the 20% cap?

Then, the statement that tier 2 members will never see full scale pay or benefits along with stating we the members that have done everything short of a cut in our hourly rate and no 3% increase for almost a decade, all in the name of helping the Giant... unless..they the IUAW... organized the plants and parts facilities that have told the IUAW, no thanks, so many times before...

Reality... how can the membership (us) get all these people working in Marysville Oh. and through out the south to realize our way is the only way? Please start paying dues to the IUAW so we will get 3% increases, relief time back, holiday pay back and tier 2 members will become full payed members?? Then maybe soon we will be asked (told) to help get those Michigan members that decide to become non members back or we will not see raises or benefits.....

Welcome to the real world Flat Rock. You should not be surprized if the number is lower than 1/3 of the 1200 stated.

Flat Rock, remember the local meetings before this GREAT, Best We Could Get and be thankful you have a job master agreement? Sham? naaa

Decker

1 of the 1788

Hiring is done

They resumed calling our referrals April 4th. The next testing date is this Saturday. They have been testing around 250 people each time. Hiring IS NOT done. We are supposed to get around 150 people every 2 weeks until launch, starting yesterday. The new people have 1 week of orientation, so we don't see them for a week (other then when they get the plant tour). I had stated in another post recently that a local 3000 member told me his higher ups were wrong to state no ACH people were coming, they claim now they were misquoted and they all knew the ACH workers per contract had to be asked to become second tier at a Ford plant that was hiring. He knew all along, they didn't. He said they didn't want to be wrong on guessing a number for the total of ACH workers coming to Flat Rock, because they didn't know how many there were in total and how many would say yes. I was told no one knows if it will be 300, 700 or 1,000 coming from ACH plants, but his guess was that 300-400 would be the lowest # for new hires, meaning 1,000 total transfers. It could end up being half and half, but the company still plans to test every referral, so when there is attrition and new people quit or get fired, they have enough people ready to be drug tested and start work as soon as they need. The new contract makes it easier for the company to fire second tier workers under probation who aren't working out or who AWOL. I believed we'd end up with way more than half of our referrals getting hired, it might take a little longer now to weed out the bad workers so that our referrals can get a chance. My referral has his test this Saturday, they didn't call anyone for 6 weeks because we were 6 weeks behind on the Fusion launch, so he finally got the call on the 4th. The first pre-production Fusion came down the line Thursday and the second one, today.

Hi all,

I took the test at the M-tec center on Schaffer Rd. in the fall of 2012 and passed. I was assured by my referral that I would be called to Flat Rock. I still have not been called and have not heard anything and have been a wreck the last couple week worrying about this. Anyone else that took the test with me still waiting?

Edited by doubleserious

I took my test in February but still haven't got a call yet so are they waiting for everyone to get tested first? Or are they calling transfers first?

I took my test in February but still haven't got a call yet so are they waiting for everyone to get tested first? Or are they calling transfers first?

My brother in law took the test Feb. 23 and was called yesterday to say that he passed and that they will call again to start the next step (drug testing). We have transfers coming in every week now, so probably in late May they will start hiring our referrals. There is a test group tomorrow,(the first since Feb. 23) testing was postponed for 6 weeks because we were 6 weeks behind on Fusion trial body build. The first one was built on Thursday, so the testing process resumed. You should be called soon, only the Jan 26 test date people were already notified previously. The Feb 9 and 23 test dates result calls started yesterday. The Jan 26 test was for unemployed / Michigan Works people and veterans. The 2 Feb. dates were for our referrals. Doubleserious....Sorry, I have no info on testing done other than by the company used for the above listed dates. The company plans to test all our referrals, but it looks like the 400 transfer-1,000 off the street numbers we had been told will be flipped and might be 1,000 transfers (including ACH workers becoming second tier) and maybe only 400 off the street (referrals/M. Works/veterans). Our labor dept. said 30% of people tested don't pass, 20% fail the drug test and 10% of new full time people quit, so some of our referrals will have to wait to have a chance when more spots open up. Good luck guys and hang in there!

Hey, thanks for the reply deflep1. If you don't mind I have a question. Who was it that called your brother in law to tell him he passed the test? I ask because I never received anything in the mail or an official call from Ford saying I passed. My referral called me to tell me I passed.

Hey, thanks for the reply deflep1. If you don't mind I have a question. Who was it that called your brother in law to tell him he passed the test? I ask because I never received anything in the mail or an official call from Ford saying I passed. My referral called me to tell me I passed.

I believe it was our labor relations dept. We have a third party doing all the testing off site, but labor relations takes over from there and will be in charge of hiring our referrals. You might want to call Flat Rock Assembly and ask labor relations if they have a list of your test group. It can't hurt to jog their memory and have them look into it. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

No referrals have been called yet to start work, they've only been called to let them know if they passed the test. Testing should resume soon, the last test date was April 20th. We are getting ACH people every week now and when that is winding down, then our referrals will be hired in. We are hearing this will be in late May or June, but some of them won't be brought in until we start up B-shift in late August.

My son did the testing back in Mid April. He says he hasn't heard whether or not he "passed" the test. Should he have heard by now? I'm not sure how to contact the labor relations department at Flat Rock to check to see what happened/what is results are.

My son did the testing back in Mid April. He says he hasn't heard whether or not he "passed" the test. Should he have heard by now? I'm not sure how to contact the labor relations department at Flat Rock to check to see what happened/what is results are.

Everyone pretty much passes that test. Right now they are waiting for he launch in August from what I heard.