Reverse Sensing (and open door) sound change

broncosCA

Anyone else experience this?

The sound quality on my reverse system, and my open door alert, totally changed. Used to have a soft sound to it. Now it beep very loudly in a harsh tone, and seems to come only from a speaker in the dash area.

Really odd. No idea what would have caused the audio quality change in it.

I haven't experienced this. Any degradation of music quality?

Nope - the sound is the same. It's the door ajar sound, and the reverse sensing beeps.

It's not a HUGE deal, but it's frustrating to hear it change from time to time. Just a reminder that the vehicle is not functioning s it's supposed to.

Just picked up my fusion and had this happen today. The sound chime was coming from the dash area and then it sounded like it was coming in surround sound from the speakers afterwards and couldnt replicate it coming from just the dash area again. So weird...it's nothing that really bothers me because i think its suppose to come from the dash area and it sounds fine coming out through the speakers too although i dont think its suppose to come out in that surround sound for everyone to hear...but its nothing major...if anything i think it may be a glitch in the wiring or tech and so the sound sinks into the sound system speakers (despite not sounding bad) instead of staying in the little dash speakers like its suppose to.

• 6 months later...

I'm now wondering if this has something to do with my MFT unit. The sound started around the same time as I started getting the POWER SAVING MODE message on my MFT.

The is exactly what happened to me?!? My power saving mode turned on last night randomly.. and now this morning the tone for reverse is much harsher and is coming from the dash only.

Any solution?

• 4 months later...

Issue regarding the tone changing is caused by low battery voltage. The standard soft sound is played through the car's speakers. When the battery has lower charge, the sound is played through the small speaker in the instrument cluster to save power.

You'll observe this if your car has been sitting for a while.

Edited by cjh

Oh, that explains a lot! Thank you!! So when the Cross Traffic Alert alternates with beeps the sound is playing through the small speakers in the instrument cluster? Then when it is a solid town it is playing out of the car speakers?

Not sure about Cross Traffic (my car doesn't have it), but the tone you get when starting the car (seat belt alarm) and the door open tone changes occasionally if my car hasn't been driven for a while.

This started happening to me A LOT. Took it in, and Ford said they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

A couple months later I was back in for issues related to my Remote Start. I asked them to test the battery, and they confirmed that it wasn't holding a charge, or even charging properly. They replaced the battery and I haven't had the issue since.

If this is happening to you often, then defintiely have them test your battery. You probably got a bum unit.

Ahhhhhhhh this makes so much sense. My car does this once every couple of weeks. I thought I noticed a pattern of it only occuring when it is really cold out...but it could also be due to not driving it for a while. I left my car at the airport over the weekend and when I got back it made the noise...low battery takes both factors into consideration. Interesting.