Confirmed: Multi Contour Seats Cancelled for 2013

I received confirmation today that the Contour seats are gone for the MKZ for the 13 MY. I'd been holding out hope for a late availability but after reading here, I called my dealer and asked for confirmation on what I had heard. It required a deeper than usual search as all ordering information they had still showed option 66C. I don't know he he ended up calling but claimed he spoke with an engineer that gave him confirmation.

Oh we'll, the seats in the model I test drove with the 103A heated/cooled seats were very comfortable. The good news is that with a Priority 1 build, he said my build date should be most definitely moved up from the scheduled week of May 6.

Edited by Stentgraft95

Sad you can't get the seats you want, but nice that maybe your build date will move up and in theory the delivery.

Thanks, yea I was ready to cash in the contour seats because I'm ready to take delivery. My wife asked if I wanted to wait for the 14 MY! Affirmatively I said "no way". My Lincoln LS is over 10 years old and I'm ready for my new "Z".

So you should probably re-order if you ordered contour seats.

Actually, my order remains intact. My dealer simply removed option 66C (Multi Contour Seats) from my order and it didn't affect my place in line. In fact, it very well may be moved to near the front of the line as I'm told.