No sign of VIN # 7 weeks after order placed

wacevedo

My dealer sales person has not produced a VIN # for my Ti hybrid over a month and a half after implied my order. Is this normal? He continues to say "we are on track for 12 week delivery", but my order has not been scheduled yet.. I have read about people receiving their VINs much faster. Any recommendations?

My dealer sales person has not produced a VIN # for my Ti hybrid over a month and a half after implied my order. Is this normal? He continues to say "we are on track for 12 week delivery", but my order has not been scheduled yet.. I have read about people receiving their VINs much faster. Any recommendations?

They're still catching up with the order placed last year. When did u place your order?

Ask your dealer if they have an allocation for a Hybrid, that may be the problem, If it is a smaller dealer they may not get many Hybrid allocations a month.

My dealer indicated to me that they currently have 6 HyTi's on order, mine is one of them. The sales person keeps telling me that he has been doing this for years and we are on track. I just don't want to push too hard with him because he may stop responding my emails.

Jared,

It was Feb 19th. Sorry about that.

Looks like your VIN # was available in about a month... Now yours is not a hybrid, correct?

Mine is not a hybrid. If you ordered on the 19th, that's only four weeks ago. Definitely nothing out of the ordinary yet.

Edited by jared6788

My order was placed mid December so I'm at week 14 now without it being scheduled. I'm hoping that it gets scheduled next week.

I see you're in Oregon also, had a little talk about dealer about others on this forum getting scheduled after I placed my order. He said what region are they in, as it seems like the NW region is the last to get scheduled. Also going with a smaller dealer I think the allocation thing is playing into it some.

My dealer indicated to me that they currently have 6 HyTi's on order, mine is one of them. The sales person keeps telling me that he has been doing this for years and we are on track. I just don't want to push too hard with him because he may stop responding my emails.

Stop responding to your emails? Dude he's your salesman. It's his job to cater to your wants and needs in the car buying process. If he stops responding to your emails, he's basically throwing away a sale. That's when you get in touch with the GM of the dealer. If the GM doesnt care, time to switch dealers.

Edited by boogs

Stop responding to your emails? Dude he's your salesman. It's his job to cater to your wants and needs in the car buying process. If he stops responding to your emails, he's basically throwing away a sale. That's when you get in touch with the GM of the dealer. If the GM doesnt care, time to switch dealers.

Exactly -- tell him sorry if the info requests seem redundant but you're excited and happy about getting your car, and hopefully that happiness will carry over to your dealer survey after that sale.

6 hi ti orders from one dealer ? Where are you on the list?? number one or number six?

Feb 1st. I definitely understand build priorities. I guess I've seen so many people reporting they have a VIN on orders placed this year that I started wondering if something is wrong with mine.

You are getting really close!! Congrats!!

Thanks! It's getting even closer :) My car is now in AZ and should be here before you know it!!!!

Hang in there, I'm sure yours will get scheduled soon too.