New Light & Medium Duty News

I heard a little more about 7X: Rumor is that it will be a 7.3L V-8. Some say it will be pushrod, others SOHC. I am betting on the latter because I think this engine will be based on the 6.2L

Shades of the original Hurricane ! Management kept asking why GM was sticking with pushrods when Ford Engineering wanted SOHC. Obviously the engineers convinced them of the merits.

Where is the current 6.2L built and is the assumption that the new engine will be built in the same location ?

Direct injection was mentioned, and turbochargers were NOT mentioned. Look for it in late 2019 as a 2020 MY.

Direct injection IS a possibility because of the emission standards on that class vehicle allow higher NOx.

The big question I have is will 7X be available in F-250/350 pickups? So far all I hear is that it will replace the 6.8L V-10 in those applications that still use it.

That sounds like a lot of engine for the F250, but if the is a true replacement for the 6.2L, what else do they have ? It also has to fit in the E350/E450 which is still King of the Class C motorhome market.

And let's remember that Ford's official reason for dropping the V10 from the F250 was "it no longer met NVH targets". Which we all knew was a bunch of bunk because they'd still happily sell you the same engine in the cab/chassis version of the super duty AND the 3/4 ton vans. Let the buyer decide if it has too much NVH for their tastes or not.

Anyways, let's hope that this new 7X has less NVH than the V10 so that Ford, in their eternal better judgment, will let us peons have the engine of our dreams in the F250.

I agree, the engine in those photos looks like a pushrod engine, but we don't know if it actually is the 7X.

One rumor has the 7X as an all-new engine family, a 7.3L to replace the 6.8L and a smaller 5.8L to replace the 6.2L. Don't know if I believe that yet, but I do remember a 5.8L version of the 6.2L 'Boss' was proposed at one point.

I still think a tall deck 6.2L is most plausible. It seems that GM may be working on a tall deck 6.0L LS for their medium trucks.

Hey gang follow the like for possible photos of the new 7X engine.

My opinion? It's a pushrod engine because I don't see much space at the front of the engine where the cam drives would live on an OHC.

Could be all wrong. Who knows......

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2367362&highlight=windsor

What makes you believe it is a Ford engine?

Edited by SteelyD

I agree, the engine in those photos looks like a pushrod engine, but we don't know if it actually is the 7X.

One rumor has the 7X as an all-new engine family, a 7.3L to replace the 6.8L and a smaller 5.8L to replace the 6.2L. Don't know if I believe that yet, but I do remember a 5.8L version of the 6.2L 'Boss' was proposed at one point.

I still think a tall deck 6.2L is most plausible. It seems that GM may be working on a tall deck 6.0L LS for their medium trucks.

It's more than plausible.

Some good news;

Trailer-Body Builders / December 20, 2017

Nestlé Waters North America is deploying more than 400 additional medium-duty ReadyRefresh by Nestlé beverage delivery trucks fueled by propane autogas. Nestle operates nearly 600 of these trucks, which make up about 30% of its total North American fleet.

ReadyRefresh’s additional Ford F-650/750 delivery trucks are equipped with a Roush CleanTech propane autogas fuel system that provides 55 usable gallons of fuel.

“With propane being domestically produced, it’s proven to have a more stable cost per gallon, while the fueling and maintenance infrastructures are much more cost effective than other alternative fuel options,” said Bill Ardis, national fleet manager for ReadyRefresh.

The company has been running propane autogas vehicles since 2014, beginning with five Class 5 vehicles.The fuel system is certified to 0.05 grams per brake horsepower-hour for nitrogen oxide (NOx). It is 75% cleaner than the current Environmental Protection Agency standard, and 99% cleaner than diesel vehicles built before 2007.

“We are excited about this strategic endeavor that will ultimately drive awareness, efficiency and sustainability,” said Robert Austin, director of supply chain for ReadyRefresh. “Our new fleet will ensure that ReadyRefresh is poised to meet our consumer’s needs and the delivery of our great brands while improving our environment.”

Roush said propane autogas is the third most commonly used vehicle fuel, following gasoline and diesel. Nestlé Waters North America plans to replace more older delivery vehicles with propane autogas to reach its goal of operating 52% on the alternative fuel by 2019.

5a3b92ac26ae0_image1.thumb.jpg.41fbb5679

• Like 2

Interesting, have you had your well tested to verify your water is tainted with nitrogen?

Yes, tested before I bought the house. They convinced that it was not a big deal. Safe to drink except pregnant women and so on. I have sediment filters and a neutralizer. Had a reverse osmosis unit. Water tasted horrible. Disconnected that.

The gorilla in the room is the Navistar/GM MD, what engine will those trucks have. The Duramax v8 and 6.0 is a given, what else.

Where is the current 6.2L built and is the assumption that the new engine will be built in the same location ?

No, the 6.2 Boss is built at Romeo engine plant, Michigan

The 7X is going to be assembled in the Annex plant, next to Windsor Engine(TMEP)

apparently, that used to be a low volume line for the mod engines