2014 Escape

a Fully loaded SEL costed more then the base titanium and I believe the TI had more to it...

Your right. The only difference is partial leather seating. I priced them out with the same package and options I have and...

SEL $32800

Titanium $32010 add leather and it's $32905

Taking a closer look at the changes to the Titanium, HID's and the 2.0L are no longer standard. There's some nice stuff added to the standard features like rear camera and hands free lift gate. It looks like Global One-Touch windows are only available with the late availability SE Leather Comfort Package. I suppose they weren't selling the 302A optioned SEL's at profitable numbers because it was more $$ than a 401A Titanium, so why not combine standard features, add some and eliminate the SEL. I see more SEL's than SE's and Titaniums on the road. I'm never been to sure about the rear gate chrome garnish. I'm in my fifties so I like chrome (it seems like the kids these days don't) but to me, all along, that chrome seems out of place and like a last minute add on.

Does anyone know what Follow Me Home lighting is, sounds kind of creepy.

The dumbing down of the Titanium trim level and less choice for the customers is the trend on both the Focus and Escape now. No new features like radar cruise control or LED tail lamps. I like my cloth/leather Titanium seats, I am sure the price has increased for less content when compared to a 2013. Yawn.

I guess at least one of the trims did not have the light as it is just a new standard feature.

I know my F-150 doesn't have a glovebox light and I wouldn't mind having one on the next model.

But it might be just another thing to add to the weight which they are trying to cut down.

It never made sense to me that the top-of-the-line 2013 Escape Titanium only had partial leather and that you had to pay $800 extra to get full leather while the full leather was included on the SEL series. Add in the additional features standard on the Titanium series and I was being very careful in ordering SEL's that were too close to Titanium Escapes price wise.

Your right. The only difference is partial leather seating. I priced them out with the same package and options I have and...

SEL $32800

Titanium $32010 add leather and it's $32905

Titanium and SEL use different seats. Its not just the leather. Much better side and back support. Was the ONE feature that drove my wife to insist on the Titanium. I did not care for the fabric / leather combo but could see where some would like that it breathes better although harder to clean.

Titanium and SEL use different seats. Its not just the leather. Much better side and back support. Was the ONE feature that drove my wife to insist on the Titanium. I did not care for the fabric / leather combo but could see where some would like that it breathes better although harder to clean.

I believe it's also a slightly higher grade of leather when you order the leather option on the Titanium. Other than vacuming and Febreeze on the cloth portion, all I've ever done to my black seats is wipe off the leather with a little soapy water from washing and rinse with a damp rag. I've said it before and I'll say it again, these are the most comfortable front seats I've ever had. I've only sat in the back once and they seem a little flat and hard, but I don't sit back there.

Edited by transitman

Does anyone know what Follow Me Home lighting is, sounds kind of creepy.

On my MK2 Focus ' if you flash the high beams with the ignition off it turns the headlights on for about 2 minutes then automatically turns them off... which is 'Follow-me-home'.

On my MK3 Focus when you turn off the ignition and lock the car, the headlights and puddle lamps if included stay on as per the timer set in the set up menu.

Very handy if you live in a unlit area. But rather useless if you have well lit driveway entrance, or garge etc.

I would guess the streamlining is due to having a year of sales in which one can base/ speculate what is/ isnt important to the customer base...smart...and everyone here knows how I feel about 27 page ordering guides...I WISH they would adress the apocalypse commonly referred to as the F-150 ordering guide...ridiculous...

Forgive antipodean ignorance, I assume the 2014 Escape will be out second half of 2013 , maybe September?

Do you think that the 2013 SELs will become harder to get as the summer month arrive?

I have a feeling that Ford may deliberately down play SEL from here on in the hopes of

encouraging more buyers towards the Titanium....

On my MK2 Focus ' if you flash the high beams with the ignition off it turns the headlights on for about 2 minutes then automatically turns them off... which is 'Follow-me-home'.

On my MK3 Focus when you turn off the ignition and lock the car, the headlights and puddle lamps if included stay on as per the timer set in the set up menu.

Very handy if you live in a unlit area. But rather useless if you have well lit driveway entrance, or garge etc.

So in other words, they've given a name to a feature that already exists when your headlight switch is in the auto position and another way to activate it. The same product in new packaging.

I'm a bit disappointed to see that there is only one new color - Sunset (probably some shade of orange). Kodiak Brown and Frosted Glass are on the way out.

I wonder if it's close to the 2010 Mustang color Sunset Gold Metallic? I've never seen it in person, but it looks great in the pics I've seen, a good California color. Seems unlikely, a little too flashy for a CUV and metallic isn't included in the color name. I'm not surprised about Kodiak Brown being dropped, you have to get right next to the car to appreciate that color. I would think Frosted Glass would be popular because it's colorful but not too flashy, I guess it doesn't fit into a Global color scheme.