2014 Escape

What exactly are you waiting for? I do wonder if Lane Keep, Adaptive Cruise and Auto Stop / Collision Mitigation make it over from the New Kuga, though with those options you'd be at almost 40K for an Escape, those features might be Lincoln only. There have been some new Escapes with M plates I've seen with LED tail-lights but those might be Euro only as well.

What exactly are you waiting for? I do wonder if Lane Keep, Adaptive Cruise and Auto Stop / Collision Mitigation make it over from the New Kuga, though with those options you'd be at almost 40K for an Escape, those features might be Lincoln only. There have been some new Escapes with M plates I've seen with LED tail-lights but those might be Euro only as well.

There is nothing in particular other than a few refinements I'd like to see (kick feature of tailgate with tow package, two tier armrest console storage, power passenger seat.) I'd LOVE for air conditioned seats to be an option as they would be a blessing here in Florida, but I'm 99% sure thats an option that'll be reserved for the Lincoln so I don't have my hopes up for that. It's just good to know what is new, especially when making such a big purchase!

There is nothing in particular other than a few refinements I'd like to see (kick feature of tailgate with tow package, two tier armrest console storage, power passenger seat.) I'd LOVE for air conditioned seats to be an option as they would be a blessing here in Florida, but I'm 99% sure thats an option that'll be reserved for the Lincoln so I don't have my hopes up for that. It's just good to know what is new, especially when making such a big purchase!

hitch is in the way of the "kick" sensor.....which IMO is a bit of an oversight....

hitch is in the way of the "kick" sensor.....which IMO is a bit of an oversight....

Agreed. I'm assuming that they ran out of time/budget to package it correctly on the 2013 so they had to omit the kick feature. I'm hopeful in the last year they've engineered a solution for the next model year. I need the tow package so it sucks to lose a heavily advertised feature (and pay extra for it too...)

Agreed. I'm assuming that they ran out of time/budget to package it correctly on the 2013 so they had to omit the kick feature. I'm hopeful in the last year they've engineered a solution for the next model year. I need the tow package so it sucks to lose a heavily advertised feature (and pay extra for it too...)

I dont think its mis-engineered as such, not a large % actually tow with ethe Escape....however, perhaps they could re-position the sensor....I actually question the feature anyways...push the button on the remote....

....I actually question the feature anyways...push the button on the remote....

Unless your hands are full, and you don't want to set your groceries down to get the keys out of your pocket. Personally, I think it is a nifty little feature.

You know, I always thought that power lift gates were a total waste...until we got a car with it. Now I love it!

• Like 1

Unless your hands are full, and you don't want to set your groceries down to get the keys out of your pocket. Personally, I think it is a nifty little feature.

You know, I always thought that power lift gates were a total waste...until we got a car with it. Now I love it!

I always make sure the remote is in my hand before I pick the groceries up.....and yes, I too am a power liftgate beleiver.....kick action...not so much...little gimmicky to me...but I can understand its usefullness to some..

• Like 1

Personally, I think it is a nifty little feature.

So do I. Just like the rear view camera, until I got a car with the power lift gate, I never realized how much I used it and liked it. I use all methods of opening the tail gate, but I especially like to use the foot action when people are around to see their response and a few have asked about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Rear View Camera and Sync is Std on all models, SEL is gone, Full leather on Titanium. Titanium tech package is HIDs plus the old parking package. 1.6L is std on Titanium. 19" Wheels optional now on Titanium.

Euro features - LED Tail lights, Adaptive Cruise, Lane Keep, Auto City Stop didn't make the U.S. cut.

Edited by jasonj80

I will hazard a guess. Two new exterior colors, and better fit and finish and fewer if any recalls. Mabye a new feature or two. You are smart to buy second year all new vehicle.

Good logic most of the time. Although I "pre-ordered" my 2011 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback in Candy Red Metallic with the Power Moonroof (w-late delivery warning) as soon as the Order Book opened in early Spring of 2010. Took delivery Mid July 2010 and have yet to experience (any) problems. From day one it "exceeded" EPA Fuel Estimates and still delivers 32-33 MPG City and 41-43 MPG Highway with A/C always engaged. 30K driven and still not a rattle or a squeak!

SEL and Titanium were largely redundant, so I'm not surprised to see it dropped. These new packages seem more logical and bring the Escape in line with the Focus and Fusion in terms of trim levels. The cloth/leather seats were unique, but I'm sure many will be happy to see Medium Light Stone now available on Titanium especially if this expands to other models such as the Fusion.

I'm a bit disappointed to see that there is only one new color - Sunset (probably some shade of orange). Kodiak Brown and Frosted Glass are on the way out. I was hoping for at least one new cool-spectrum color especially if Frosted Glass is discontinued.

Thanks Deanh. SEL no longer available, what's up with that? After a quick look, the only non package change I see is leather in the Titanium. Personally, I like the cloth leather combo seats.

I would guess the streamlining is due to having a year of sales in which one can base/ speculate what is/ isnt important to the customer base...smart...and everyone here knows how I feel about 27 page ordering guides...I WISH they would adress the apocalypse commonly referred to as the F-150 ordering guide...ridiculous...

• Like 1

Thanks Deanh. SEL no longer available, what's up with that? After a quick look, the only non package change I see is leather in the Titanium. Personally, I like the cloth leather combo seats.

a Fully loaded SEL costed more then the base titanium and I believe the TI had more to it...