Did Ford show the next generation Edge in January Conference Powerpoint Slides?

The story is also posted on Autoguide, with a nice side-by-side. But again crediting FIN. Autoblog credited it correctly btw.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/02/2015-ford-edge-image-leaked-in-corporate-presentation.html

2015-ford-edge-comparo.jpg

Thanks Borg, the original link doesn't work for me, must be because I'm outside North America.

Nice progression in styling, I can see next gen Edge working internationally.

Now for the Explorer...

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

I wonder if at some point we will see new Lincolns debut before their platform-mate Ford vehicles?

I doubt if that is likely, but like the Fusion and MKZ following about 6 months later, I would imagine Edge will be out first followed by MKX about 4-6 months later since they share assembly line. So sounds like they are being developed on same time line. If Lincoln is to get some sales momentum, they need good timing with Ford stablemate. Lincoln dealers need new product to sell.

Seriously? You put more faith in what you find googling than what you hear from BONers? That's crazy! :)

well... for starters, I just signed up today... And I've been using google since before I could walk, j/k. Even autoblog lists 2014 MY in the gallery of the fuzzy pic, but lists 2015MY in the article. So even the pro bloggers don't know which way is up!

LOL! Did i do that? After years of lurking on this site, i don't think i could of picked a better first post than that!

Anyways, if you want to find some clues as to when the new Edge might be going into production, look to this CAW PDF.

http://www.caw.ca/assets/images/34898_CAW-Ford_Report-Updated_0925.pdf

It says the CD4.2 platform (i.e. Edge) will launch in 2014.

• Like 4

LOL! Did i do that? After years of lurking on this site, i don't think i could of picked a better first post than that!

Anyways, if you want to find some clues as to when the new Edge might be going into production, look to this CAW PDF.

http://www.caw.ca/assets/images/34898_CAW-Ford_Report-Updated_0925.pdf

It says the CD4.2 platform (i.e. Edge) will launch in 2014.

Very glad you did!

And the newscaster called it an Escape for half the video and the caption at the bottom of the screen also calls it an Escape.

Yeah, the local news is always on top of things.

I have a feeling the next Edge will be unveiled in a similar manner as the 2011 Explorer, i.e. in a very pubic, big city venue, perhaps the Vegas strip, instead of the next auto show season this fall. I predict a mid-summer media event somewhere like Las Vegas or similarly glitzy place!

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-20011468-48.html

Edited by hbalek

I'm beginning to wonder if this Edge image might be based on a concept variant, notice the lower cladding on the doors and the sculpting, all seem concepty and not very practical. Wouldn't it be a riot if this shows up at the New York Autoshow?

Edited by BORG
  • Like 1

Thanks for noticing. I downloaded the PDF and I saw the old Edge. I thought I was suffering from another moment of stupidity and missed the boat again.

One other error-the truck depicted as "650/750", is in fact a Super Duty Super Cab- and not even a new one at that! Does anyone proof this stuff? Makes you wonder

Thanks Borg, the original link doesn't work for me, must be because I'm outside North America.

Nice progression in styling, I can see next gen Edge working internationally.

Now for the Explorer...

I'm curious what is going on with the C pillar in this shot. You can see that a possible klink has evolved?