Did Ford show the next generation Edge in January Conference Powerpoint Slides?

I was looking at the powerpoint slides ford gave for the Deutsche Bank Global Auto Industry Conference in January, and noticed that the picture of the Edge show on Slide 9 looked totally different from the current one. It looks like an all new design. Did ford accidently leak the new Edge? Look for yourselves.

http://corporate.ford.com/doc/ir_20130115_Deutsche_Bank_Global_Auto_Industry_Conference.pdf

• Like 4

ZOMG!!!!!!!! THAT'S IT!!! YOU ROCK DUDE!

And I already love it! GIMME!

It's funny how they block the images of it in the other slides, but forgot this one.

They must be closer to a reveal than I thought.

Edited by BORG

Why?

Nothing against the car itself for what it's supposed to be. I really do like it. I'll probably be buying a luxury vehicle of some sort next time around though. Redesigned MKX might be a possibility if it pushes the right buttons. I'm leaning toward going back to a sedan though.

Edited by NickF1011
  • Like 1

Nothing against the car itself for what it's supposed to be. I really do like it. I'll probably be buying a luxury vehicle of some sort next time around though. Redesigned MKX might be a possibility if it pushes the right buttons. I'm leaning toward going back to a sedan though.

Meh, I will never go back to a car.

I don't know. I like having the utility of the Edge, but I do miss the nimbleness of my Mazda6 a lot too. Always the possibility that'll keep the Edge for when I need it too and then just move to a different daily driver. :shrug:

The MKX is a much better handling vehicle than my Edge, although I've never driven the Edge Sport.

The MKX is a much better handling vehicle than my Edge, although I've never driven the Edge Sport.

Sure that's not psychological? Pretty sure the MKX and Edge use identical suspensions currently. Different wheels/tires could make some difference, but I doubt the dampening or rebound characteristics would be at all different.

Edited by NickF1011

I'm thrilled. It is exactly how I pictured a "Fusion CUV" to look like. Notice how the slide had three "Fusion Based" platform mates that are blacked out? Obviously two of them are probably the Edge and the MKX. What could the other one be? Explorer is a possability but somehow I don't think so. I hope we get the Edge reveal in New York...

I'm thrilled. It is exactly how I pictured a "Fusion CUV" to look like. Notice how the slide had three "Fusion Based" platform mates that are blacked out? Obviously two of them are probably the Edge and the MKX. What could the other one be? Explorer is a possability but somehow I don't think so. I hope we get the Edge reveal in New York...

I'm guessing Galaxy and S-Max.

You're right, it might be the S-Max and Galaxy. But are those going to be labeled Global Vehicles? Maybe maybe not. I know the S-Max is sold in China but for some reason the Galaxy is not ( I've spent some time in China and I bet Ford would sell plenty of Galaxy's there ) but I would hope it will be sold there and in North America for the next generation.

I was looking at the powerpoint slides ford gave for the Deutsche Bank Global Auto Industry Conference in January, and noticed that the picture of the Edge show on Slide 9 looked totally different from the current one. It looks like an all new design. Did ford accidently leak the new Edge? Look for yourselves.

http://corporate.ford.com/doc/ir_20130115_Deutsche_Bank_Global_Auto_Industry_Conference.pdf

You win +10 BONer points!

Love the look - glad to see it still looks like an Edge.

That said - they really couldn't find a newer piece of F-150 art? They're showing the '04-'08 model!

You're right, it might be the S-Max and Galaxy. But are those going to be labeled Global Vehicles? Maybe maybe not. I know the S-Max is sold in China but for some reason the Galaxy is not ( I've spent some time in China and I bet Ford would sell plenty of Galaxy's there ) but I would hope it will be sold there and in North America for the next generation.

Well, Ford calls the EcoSport, Mustang, F-150, Explorer, and Ranger global...but clearly they aren't sold everywhere.