Lincoln MKC Concept Debuts! (Photos and Video!)

Note:

The ridges in the hood to the left and right of the center ridge carry through the grill, where and into the lower intake. There is a certain attention to detail and the craft of design in that that I appreciate.

I also very much appreciate design details like that. They are the small things that can make a design look much richer.

It is also the place where many automakers fall apart.

The back end looks great. It really carries on the Lincoln theme.

They managed to make a small crossover look substantial and athletic. That is not easy to do.

Bravo !!!

Looks fantastic! I logged in just to say this... It just about stole the MKZ's thunder :P

What Lincoln-exclusive items will this have? I wonder if we'll see the 2.3L Ecoboost(with std. AWD of course) in future iterations. You'll have a nice little pocket rocket on your hands

Have to say I'm also surprised, it's brawnier than I expected and I'm glad to see that.

Being a concept I wonder if this brawnier look will be lost in the production model, like the Vertrek to Escape/Kuga.

ford-vertrek-concept-side.jpg

LincolnMKCConcept_05_HR.jpg

I remember quite a few commented on their disappointment when the Escape production model lost that strength the Vertrek had.

Overall impressions of the concept looks like the MKC is in the same game as Lexus, Audi and the like.

Interior is too concept to get a realistic idea what is going on inside.

Still not sold on the grille LincolnMKCConcept_13_HR.jpg but I like the head lamp execution

Edited by MKII

We will be looking to replace the Edge in a year or so and was interested in getting something that could still haul the boats but get better gas milage than the Edge (not bad, but still with only one person commuting to work an extra 5 mpg would be great). This would fit the bill I believe with the assumption that they use the same or better mill as in the upper level Escape and a tow package . IF this translates into the actual production model, I wonder what the new MXK will look like. Just a bigger version or will it go in different direction?

I think this is my wife's next vehicle to replace the Edge in 2-3 years. Bravo Ford and Bravo Mr. Wolff for showing the negatards that you can create a stunning design and vehicle from a shared platform.

I would like to see a 2.0 hybrid for max fuel economy and a 2.7EB with 300 hp, 320 lb/ft.

I assume it will get the MKZ Lincoln exclusive features - THX, heated and cooled seats, adaptive LED headlamps and Lincoln Ride Control. I would expect a BAMR - don't think there is enough room for a fully retractable roof.

At 106.9 inches long, this Lincoln rides atop a slightly longer wheelbase than the Ford (105.9), and at 179.3 inches overall, it spans 1.2 inches longer, too. In typical showcar tradition, it's also a fair bit wider (76.1 inches sans mirrors), where the Escape is 72.4 inches wide. Likewise typical of the exaggerated aggressiveness in the concept car genre, the MKC is 63.2 inches tall, a full 3.4 inches shorter than the Escape. Some of that is likely from a chopped-down greenhouse, but it might ride lower as well (no ground clearance figures have been released).

Even the wheelbase is different from the Escape. This is how you take a shared platform and make a unique vehicle.

This must be a sad day for the negatards with nothing legitimate to complain about.

• Like 1

Even the wheelbase is different from the Escape. This is how you take a shared platform and make a unique vehicle.

This must be a sad day for the negatards with nothing legitimate to complain about.

It dispells all the comments that it will be a hashed over Escape clone. Don't worry, the trolls living in they're parents basements probably haven't woke up yet to start trashing it.

It's a beautiful CUV. I wish I wasn't so lazy and had gotten a better job after grad school so I could afford one.